• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

whoa didn't realize this happened. and here i was looking for someone to play Fortune Street with.

will bite in a while. not really feeling up for spending money at the second.

Gaspode_T

45 games wow, I need to get some more started but I always feel bad about only making moves at night - sorry I work at MSFT it would kind of be a bad career move to get a iPhone instead of WP7 for my personal phone LOL (but seriously lots of people have iPhones believe it or not, we aren't forced...just I happen to have some sort of interest in making future of WP not suck)

Just finished my first game with the new tiles. Shocking to see those high scores!

Haven't yet figured out the best way to use the double follower. And some of the new tiles are wild (the 4 half-circles one in particular).

Also the amount of ways to screw people you're playing has gone up dramatically with the Inns and Cathedrals cards.

Having fun though. I have about 45 active games at the moment, probably 15 have the new tiles.

They're not all GAF games surely

sikkinixx

has this game EVER gone on sale? Every time I look at buying it I think "bah, it will probably go on sale for $1 the day after I buy it" and never do...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nein! They have stuck by their guns unlike the EAs of the world. And good on them because Carcassonne is better than 99.9% of the crap out there that is a "steal" for free or $1 or whatever.

pilonv1

Nein! They have stuck by their guns unlike the EAs of the world. And good on them because Carcassonne is better than 99.9% of the crap out there that is a "steal" for free or $1 or whatever.

Agreed, I've spent more time playing this than everything else combined, even the Kairosoft titles.

AirBrian

Couple of updates...
Code:
[B][U]GAF[/U]			[U]Game Center[/U]		[U]River[/U]		[U]Inns & Cathedrals[/U][/B]

Agyar			Agyar
AirBrian		AirBrian		Yes		Yes
AlucarD.eq		caceres.1985
Anastacio		???			Yes		Yes
AstroLad		AstroLad		Yes		Yes
Bernbaum		Bernbaum
bigwinnerx		Bigwinnerx		Yes		Yes
blahness		blahness
ChackanKun		Chackan
CzarTim			CzarTim			Yes		Yes
D-Back			close
Dantehemi		dantehemi
Darb			RealDarb
Darkflight		Darkflight		Yes		Yes
DukeSuck		_LOLduke_		Yes		Yes
EktorPR			EktorOni
elfinke			elfinke
eznark			Eznark			Yes		Yes
Flunkie			Flunkie44
Flynn			Triphibian
Gaspode_T		Gaspode-TWD
Gatekeeper		Z3R0_5UM
Got the Shakes		Got the Shakes
Grifter			risottoball		Yes		Yes
JeffGreen		Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo	Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo	Yes		Yes
jon bones		jon bones
Jswanko			Jswanko			Yes		Yes
Karud			Karud
kennah			kenchuk
Kosh			Kosh One		Yes		Yes
kryptikjoker		kryptikjoker
Kryptonic		Kryptonic83
Kryten			Studs Ramrod		Yes		Yes
mercviper		Mercviper
N Coward Parody		Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru			Ray.Spencer
Noreturn		Noreturn
okno			Eirikist
outunderstars		outunderstars
pilonv1			carlosthedwarf		Yes		Yes
Porthos			Porthos
Powersphere		Powersphere
punkypine		punkypine
rc213			rc213
randomwab		randomwab
Rekwest			Rekwest01
roodiculous		Roodiculous		Yes		Yes
roosters93		jmilo93			Yes		Yes
Slacker			Slacker			Yes		Yes
Soktos			Soktos			Yes		Yes
soldat7			soldat 7		Yes		Yes
Squirrel Killer		Squirrel_Killer		Yes		Yes
swoon			Swoon37
technosteve		ceramicsteve
teebs33			teebs33
tetrisgrammaton		CENTAURSAUR
Vard			gamecentrist
Vinterbird		Vinterbird
WillieAames		SlothBear
Yaboosh			Yaboosh			Yes		Yes
Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

I have both expansions and am always looking for games.

I've played several of you before.

My Game Center account is 'beer m0nkey'. That's with a zero, not an 'oh', in m0nkey.

schnell

It bugs me that the rules for the river are wrong. The player that places the final river piece should be able to place the volcano piece and then immediately draw and place a second piece, per the rules. Here's a link to the rules: PDF link

Grifter

thank tebow the expansions came when they did. having all these games going is cutting through my misery time at the in-laws'. it's a carcmas miracle!

Gaspode_T

thank tebow the expansions came when they did. having all these games going is cutting through my misery time at the in-laws'. it's a carcmas miracle!

I have imother-n-law coming and invading my own home, so you can imagine how much I am glued to either the Vita or the iPad

Still making the mistake of making Carc moves right when I wake up in the morning or when super tired in middle of the night, I think I made yet another move thinking I was a diff color the other day ;)

Hadn't looked at my ELO in a while. Goodness! Dropped like a rock.

Have inlaws at my house as well, though they're here for the kids. Been getting some quiet time and sneaking in some carc games.

Does this game ever drop in price?

EDIT: Saw the above, damn. Do you guys still consistently play this, and would you recommend it? I just got a crapton of Apple cash so I am looking to get some great iOS games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Does this game ever drop in price?

EDIT: Saw the above, damn. Do you guys still consistently play this, and would you recommend it? I just got a crapton of Apple cash so I am looking to get some great iOS games.
yes and absolutely

add me gamecocks look forward to playing

i've been on holiday so no turns, be back on turns wednesday

yes and absolutely

add me gamecocks look forward to playing

i've been on holiday so no turns, be back on turns wednesday

Will do. When you get a chance feel free to add me to the op. GC name is my gaf name.

I already went through the tutorial. I can see this is going to be an awesome multiplayer game.

randomwab

Played my first online game with the expansions, and I'm loving how they rework several aspects of the game, mainly how important the beginning and river placements are for the long term game.

Anyway, I'm up for games. Randomwab on Gamecenter, and as I said, I have both expansions. I think I'm already on the list up above so if it could be updated to say I have the expansions now, I'd be grateful.

Jonnyram

Man, I literally hate cathedrals right now. They make the game way too explosive.
I hope people are gonna still enjoy expansion-free games in the future. Cathedrals are so much heartache lol

pilonv1

Man, I literally hate cathedrals right now. They make the game way too explosive.
I hope people are gonna still enjoy expansion-free games in the future. Cathedrals are so much heartache lol

That game we finished before was about 50pts difference, and that Cathederal castle was 42 or something. Would have been a close game without it. The risk/reward doesn't feel even.

Grifter

Cathedral are those double-or-nothing tiles? There's 2 of those, right?

What are inns again? I have the board game to check but I'm not home ATM.

Did I&C introduce the 6th player, or was it T&B?

bonesquad

Cathedral are those double-or-nothing tiles? There's 2 of those, right?

What are inns again? I have the board game to check but I'm not home ATM.

Did I&C introduce the 6th player, or was it T&B?

The Inns work as double or nothing for roads (2pts per tile if finished). The Cathedrals add 1 pt per tile/pennant (ie 3pts per tile if finished), and makes the city worth nothing if left incomplete (and yes there are 2 of these tiles, I seem to use them more to make other cities worthless:).

After playing Carcassonne so much again (both iOS and the physical board game), I want more expansions! T&B would be nice...

Astro and lolduke, I couldn't join because I don't have the expansion packs yet. I assume that's the reason why it wouldn't let me accept the invite to join the game. #carcnewb

deim0s

Add me up on the list. Newbie here to the game as well. Will buy the expansions later when I actually win against the AI. :/

GC: deim0s_

Thanks, Slacker.

I don't have the expansions either. Am I at a disadvantage in online play if I haven't yet purchased the expansions?

schnell, I don't mind playing a round with you, but first I need to figure out how to set up a Game Center account. :p

Slacker

Thanks, Slacker.

I don't have the expansions either. Am I at a disadvantage in online play if I haven't yet purchased the expansions?

Nope you can still play without any expansions. They definitely add some depth though so they're well worth the 3 bucks.

Top Bottom