• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion (HD/Remake) is being delisted in a matter of hours. BUY NOW!

There was a thread about this already a few days ago, but seeing as it's now the last day, the title of that thread didn't provide a date, and I missed it entirely (so I'd imagine some others did too; I only found out because a friend told me), I figured it was worth making another thread with a more urgent title to give more people a chance to download it before it's permanently delisted.

Apparently Sega only had a deal with Disney to distribute the game for three years.

It's a fantastic game, and the soundtrack was done by Grant Kirkhope (who did Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, and more).

It's currently £1.49 on the UK Steam store. No idea how much in other areas, but it's crazy cheap. Not sure if it's on sale on consoles. But either way, go buy it if you haven't already. I don't know what time it's being delisted, but it's at some point on the 2nd of September.

Its a really solid game, and far more of a re-imagining than a remake so if you're very familiar w/ the incredible original, this will hold a lot of surprises.

I didn't really like it to be honest. Didn't really feel like the same game to me.

Didn't Xbox just added this game to backwards compatibility? Strange that they delist it now...

Vamphuntr

Don't buy it from Indiegala. At first they gave me a broken code, then a code that was already redeemed then another code that was already redeemed. I give up. Keep my 2$.

low-G

I played it on PS+ a while back and didn't think it was -terrible-, but I bought it in case my daughter turns into a hardcore gamer at the age of 5 or something...

Tapejara

Don't buy it from Indiegala. At first they gave me a broken code, then a code that was already redeemed then another code that was already redeemed. I give up. Keep my 2$.

Yeah, first purchase for me from Indiegala and the same thing happened to me. Didn't even bother contacting them about the duplicate code and just bought it off Humble instead. At least I got a free copy of nail'd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

lupinko

I bought this on HB but I haven't redeemed the code yet.

After work would it be okay to still redeem? I'm not affected by the delisting right?

TSM

It's not very good.

I'm going to have to side with this unfortunately. I just played through the first 3 stages, and it's a simple platformer where your only motivation is constantly picking up crap. On the plus side it looks nice, it has good music and it supports 144hz on the PC. On the negative side is a tedious linear collectathon. If you aren't charmed by it's presentation you are likely to be bored by it's rote gameplay.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Its not bad but I have a hard time getting past the narration. Sorry Sully, Drake's in another castle.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought it on PC with money from random Steam cards and it's pretty fun, the controls aren't as tight as you'd like from a platformer but the visuals are nice and the audio is very cute, it's nothing like I'd normally play and that's a good thing, it's a nice break. I'm currently getting rolled in the Castle, on my 3rd continue lol.

BasilZero

Got my copy few days ago.

Never played the original but I did play the snes games - hopefully this is as good as the snes games.

I threw this out there with last thread about COI and I'll ask again:

Would anyone else to collaborate with me on creating an official GAF delisting gaming thread - so events like this can't sneak up in us again?

Frustratingly this game was PS+ game a while back, and for those games, they always show up as purchased, and can't be bought while you technically own them >_<

I threw this out there with last thread about COI and I'll ask again:

Would anyone else to collaborate with me on creating an official GAF delisting gaming thread - so events like this can't sneak up in us again?

The problem is that some if not most delistings have seemed to have happened with zero warning.

Totally concur. Absolutely wonderful game, great remake with really fun gameplay.

I collected absolutely every trophy for it with a smile on my face. Only wish there were a platinum!

Bit the $15 bullet when the game went up as backwards compatible on XB1. I guess I'll justify the extra ~$12 as supporting more last ditch efforts like Castle of Illusion getting BC support before it is too late.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want to buy it but the web store is not available right now for me. :/

Top Bottom