• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion (HD/Remake) is being delisted in a matter of hours. BUY NOW!

I really love this game and its soundtrack so I grabbed it while I still can. It's a damn shame it's being delisted. I hope it gets renewed at some point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Unskippable cutscenes are making this last fight a drag, I don't want to sit through it every time :(

Oneself

I played it on PS+ a while back and didn't think it was -terrible-, but I bought it in case my daughter turns into a hardcore gamer at the age of 5 or something...
I do this all the time. My son is nearly 2 and a half... And I don't want him to become addicted to games, tv or things like that. We play outside etc. buuuut I buy some games "just in case".

statham

Just bought it through steam for $2, not my platform of choice for this type of game, but glad I own it and me and my son can play through it.

ToD_

Got it on steam. It was my favorite game on the Master System back in the days. Curious to see how this one is. Thanks for the heads up.

Yep it's gone from PSN.

a500cb2cee6f1005fc2194d8eb4d2c11.gif

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Steam is having a 85% discount as the last hurray for it. I guess with XBox and PS version being taken down already, the Steam version is going to get taken down any minutes now.

Qwark

Dang, I missed it on Xbox. I was gonna buy it there since I heard it was b/c. Oh well, I still have it on PS3 I guess.

Steam is having a 85% discount as the last hurray for it. I guess with XBox and PS version being taken down already, the Steam version is going to get taken down any minutes now.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's set to be yoinked at 9pm Pacific, because that would be midnight on the East Coast. So possibly as early as ~20 minutes from now?

GameStop.com is selling a version of it...lol

It's still on my Download List (as well as the original game from the pre-order).
So I was able to redownloaded them.

Shame it's delisted, though.

fvng

Was legit surprised how much I enjoyed this game. Granted I dug the original but this remake was tops

fester

Banned
What a great digital future we live in, where companies actively work to prevent sales of their products. All those 0s and 1s taking up space and clogging the Internet tubes. Won't somebody think of the lawyers?

Gaardus

What a great digital future we live in, where companies actively work to prevent sales of their products. All those 0s and 1s taking up space and clogging the Internet tubes. Won't somebody think of the lawyers?

I mean, companies NOT signing away rights to an intellectual property until the end of time isn't anything new. The only thing that's changed in a situation like this is the lack of used copies. Still frustrating and a big problem for preservation, but by no means "actively work[ing] to prevents sales of their products."

Got it ages ago when it was about £3 on sale. Just a shame that things like this keep putting a dampener on the future of digital games. This, MvC2 and P.T in particular are good cases against going all digital.

dEvAnGeL

Thanks for the heads up OP, played some of it on ps3 but then i sold the console and had no idea it was on steam lol, just bought it

Just grabbed it on Steam with some card money. I've been pretty good about getting most of these games that get delisted, but it sucks every time :-/. The digital future kinda sucks sometimes.

Indelible

Really glad I got this free with PS Plus, it is a fun little platformer. It can still be downloaded on PS3 if you go to your downloads in the Playstation store.

graywolf323

I would have picked it up on Xbox since it got added to BC but they kept it at $14.99 until the end as far as I can tell so I'll just stick with my PS3/Steam copies

I already had it on PS3 from PS+ but I just bought it on Steam cuz I'm a sucker for games that are about to be delisted, I guess.

Plus I remember it being a pretty decent game, at least from what I played on PS3 anyway.

MUnited83

For you.

.. do you know how licenses work? Licenses have existed since the beggining of videogames, and retail games have stopped being sold because of the expirement of those licenses.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

No different from all those Marvel games that vanished from store shelves when their licenses expired. All licensed games eventually disappear like that, and in the retail space you usually don't get a heads-up and a massive discount like this, either.

No different from all those Marvel games that vanished from store shelves when their licenses expired. All licensed games eventually disappear like that, and in the retail space you usually don't get a heads-up and a massive discount like this, either.

In the retail space you can actually buy/play the game years after the digital version has been removed though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
welp, looks like I took too long. Thought this was supposed to be delisted tomorrow, the 2nd?

While the console versions are gone, it's still available on Steam at 85% off and will remain so for another ~10h55m, and as mentioned above you can get the Android version for free from Amazon.

GeNoMe

It's not delisted on the EU psn yet. Went ahead and got in on Steam, thanks for the heads up OP.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it last night in one sitting, it was a fun change of pace, every time Mickey spoke I had to smile, his voice is just so silly. The final fight was cool as well. I really enjoyed the level design, art and audio, the gameplay was fine but very basic. Overall well worth £1.49 for a short blast of childlike fun.

MaLDo

I already had it on PS3 from PS+ but I just bought it on Steam cuz I'm a sucker for games that are about to be delisted, I guess.

Plus I remember it being a pretty decent game, at least from what I played on PS3 anyway.

You will enjoy the steam version because 60 fps plays a lot better than 30 fps in a platformer game.

Top Bottom