• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion (HD/Remake) is being delisted in a matter of hours. BUY NOW!

StayDead

Been holding off on buying this for a while, but for 1.49 I'll bite.

Downloading to play on the two weeks I won't have internet when I move.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Amazing game. Bought it day one 3 years ago.

Is there a chance btw that the game will be re-released under Disney's brand at some point?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amazing game. Bought it day one 3 years ago.

Is there a chance btw that the game will be re-released under Disney's brand at some point?

Hard to say given that Sega probably owns things like the actual game code and perhaps any original characters created for the game.

Really wanted this on Xbox, but $2.24 on Steam versus $14.99 on MS store?

Bought Steam. One of the first games I ever actually finished on the MegaDrive.

OneUh8

Just bought a copy this morning! Never played the game originally. But it's Disney and Mickey, so I had to get it lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Hard to say given that Sega probably owns things like the actual game code and perhaps any original characters created for the game.

Disney has the rights for the mobile version (which is the same game with a little bit worse graphics) and they still sell it on Amazon, App Store, Google Play and all that. Pretty sure if Disney wants to publish the console/PC versions under their umbrella they could. Either they will do it or not is a mistery though.

You will enjoy the steam version because 60 fps plays a lot better than 30 fps in a platformer game.

That was definitely one of the reasons I decided to bite on the Steam version :)

The other reasons were that it was only $2 and I wouldn't get another opportunity to buy it :p

kurahador

Fuck!! It's gone from PSN??? Guess I'm gonna have to be content with steam version.

It's still available on asia PSN, but it's still full price. :/

Persona7

Banned
I threw this out there with last thread about COI and I'll ask again:

Would anyone else to collaborate with me on creating an official GAF delisting gaming thread - so events like this can't sneak up in us again?

most of the time you don't get advance notice like this.

Backlogger

Really wanted this on Xbox, but $2.24 on Steam versus $14.99 on MS store?

Bought Steam. One of the first games I ever actually finished on the MegaDrive.

Still irks me they were the only store not to discount it. Really wanted it there due to just going BC but couldn't justify the cost being that it would have been a triple dip.

Harlock

This game had the best pre-order item, with the original Genesis version as download.

Fun fact: the original game trial mode, with easy versions of 3 levels, is very good to young child start to play.

Sega need to do a package with all your Genesis/Disney games.

Chitown B

This game had the best pre-order item, with the original Genesis version as download.

Fun fact: the original game trial mode, with easy versions of 3 levels, is very good to young child start to play.

Ah, only on PS3. That sucks. I got it on Xbox 360 when you couldn't preorder stuff, day it came out.

COOLSKELETON95

Neo Member

Yes please.

I'm sad to see this go, it's really a solid little game even if you don't have any prior knowledge of the 8 and 16-bit games. I already had it on PSN (did the pre-order, of course!), and Steam so I'm good but sad a lot of people will miss out.

kng3025

I bought the game a couple of days ago on PSN , but wasn't able to download it until this morning. When I did though, I was given the demo version, and not the full game. Anyone have this issue? Thought I would have an unlock key to unlock the full game after buying it, but nope.

Doomshine

I bought the game a couple of days ago on PSN , but wasn't able to download it until this morning. When I did though, I was given the demo version, and not the full game. Anyone have this issue? Thought I would have an unlock key to unlock the full game after buying it, but nope.

Have you checked your download list?

I'm going to have to side with this unfortunately. I just played through the first 3 stages, and it's a simple platformer where your only motivation is constantly picking up crap. On the plus side it looks nice, it has good music and it supports 144hz on the PC. On the negative side is a tedious linear collectathon. If you aren't charmed by it's presentation you are likely to be bored by it's rote gameplay.

A lot of games are like this unfortunately, I don't hold it against many games because they are a product of their time.

Not sure if anyone can help, I bought it 2 hours before delisting but didn't download it till after. Seems like it downloaded something (900MB?) but it won't boot. Did I waste my money/should I request a refund?

MooMilk2929

Steam keys are still for sale online. From what I can tell they still work. They could last for years. There's still scott pilgrim keys for sale online.

Enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. I have intense nostalgia for the original as it was the pack-in title of my Megadrive. It wasn't as close to the original as I'd hoped, but enjoyable none-the-less. Quite challenging in places too, the last boss wasn't a walkover at all.

Chitown B

the last boss in this game is so fucking bullshit cheap. They'll set you down next to a hole that wasn't there before after you get a hit on the boss. And the timing changes without warning on jumps and speed of attacks.

Top Bottom