• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

TentPole

I would like to know why Konami places so many weird and arbitrary rules on how it handles steam. I know there are reason. I would just love to know what the thought process behind it is. Sounds like it is a Japanese thing.

I would like to know why Konami places so many weird and arbitrary rules on how it handles steam. I know there are reason. I would just love to know what the thought process behind it is. Sounds like it is a Japanese thing.

More like, Konami is not just one person or office, but the cooperation of many different branches of a multinational conglomerate.

Just like how I can really only represent the US branch of Konami. I don't have an in-depth view of what the UK, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Las Vegas, or Australian branches are doing on a daily basis. Big strokes, sure.

TentPole

More like, Konami is not just one person or office, but the cooperation of many different branches of a multinational conglomerate.

Just like how I can really only represent the US branch of Konami. I don't have an in-depth view of what the UK, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Las Vegas, or Australian branches are doing on a daily basis. Big strokes, sure.

Alright, if you want to talk about it then go ahead and let us know what is up with all of the bizarre decisions.

And I don't see why you are talking down to me and acting like I don't know how unwieldy large corporations are. There are plenty of larger corporations that manage to make decisions that from the outside seem to make more sense. And to be clear I am not attacking Konami. I am not saying that they way they handle this stuff is that bad because in the big picture it really isn't. Mostly I just find it fascinating.

datamage

I know it's easy to bash on Konami, but at this point, I'm just glad we're getting this game, and at launch. Several years ago, we wouldn't even be getting a Castlevania on the PC.

Foffy

Banned
We're (US branch) trying to make it better, ok? ;_;

At least this time we're going to put up a FAQ sticky in the forums that I'm writing.

I know, man. I mentioned in another thread the silliness of the old guard and policies. I am not tossing shade at you, warrior of the modern era. You Julius Belmont, you.

razorman

Just noticed the Steam page mentions a high definition texture pack which can apparently be enabled from the graphics options.Sounds good.

LowParry

Just noticed the Steam page mentions a high definition texture pack which can apparently be enabled from the graphics options.Sounds good.

Quote:

"Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 includes a High-Definition Texture Pack. Recommended for systems with at least 1Gb of dedicated video memory. This pack can be enabled from the Advanced Settings, in the Video Configuration menu."

I wonder if the people who have been playing on PC have that enabled or not.

Levyne

Banned
Seems like the review embargo end in 8 hours?

ycdIDRs.png

(IGN)

Sorry if old or expected. That's midnight west coast.

Quote:

"Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 includes a High-Definition Texture Pack. Recommended for systems with at least 1Gb of dedicated video memory. This pack can be enabled from the Advanced Settings, in the Video Configuration menu."

I wonder if the people who have been playing on PC have that enabled or not.

Never saw any option for that in the demo that was released for PC, and that already looked pretty awesome. Guess they weren't lying when they said the PC version looked like a next gen game.

Ahasverus

Wow that Hi-res pack is news!

Who is betting on the IGN score? I smell an 8.
Konami paid for marketing videos, previews and ads in the site.

Wow that Hi-res pack is news!

Who is betting on the IGN score? I smell an 8.
Konami paid for marketing videos, previews and ads in the site.

An 8 sounds like a good prediction given that he liked the first game. He did give MoF a 4.7 though and I didn't think that game was nearly that bad.

Foffy

Banned
He said the same for MoF HD.

Betting on Konami for this one. Insider info says the DLC asides the
Alucard
one is coming by an external studio so perhaps they could port this game? Mercury are now hands deep in their new project.

Who would that studio be? Climax?

Avtomat

Just bought this on a whim and GAF excitement meter for PC, hoping for some god of war type game play / combos. Even though the demo did not impress me much.

A modern day Castlevania, just what everyone has always asked for and wanted.

Also, as someone who has played this without being under an embargo I can say there is maybe 20 minutes of gameplay in the first hour, most of which is a tutorial. Then you get to do some "really fun" stealth sections against cyborgs with guns...

Also, as someone who has played this without being under an embargo I can say there is maybe 20 minutes of gameplay in the first hour, most of which is a tutorial. Then you get to do some "really fun" stealth sections against cyborgs with guns...

So what you're telling me is that everything coming out tomorrow (LoS2, Thief, Symphonia Chronicles) sucks.

butman

Aria of Sorrow & Dawn of Sorrow

And I don't see why you are talking down to me and acting like I don't know how unwieldy large corporations are.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound condescending. I was assuming you meant the bizarre policies on Steam which we have been often criticized for which is specifically related to the fact that individual branches of the company handle their own market, that's all.

Aria of Sorrow & Dawn of Sorrow

Yup. Both great games too. The modern setting suits Castlevania just fine imo. Also the thing about the first hour being mostly cutscenes and tutorial is seriously not a big deal to me. It's not like this is a 5 hour game or something.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I watched the walkthrough and spoiled everything for myself. Ending is kinda meh imo.

did the same i think the biggest disappointment is
when it was revealed that everything was a plan of Alucard and Dracula to destroy Satan and save the world

I was never into the new castlevania games. I have to admit though, the demo was kinda fun (until the mecha boss or whatever shows up). It was also more good looking that I expected it.
But whats up with the reviews?

Ahasverus

This is true. The first hour would make Kojima jealous. But the seatlth setions are not hard at all and if you needed more than 5 minutes to figure out the first one perhaps you have other problems. No stealth section is longer than one room in the whole game.
So how's he story, I would like to know the good and the meh.
I'll start discussing story tomorrow. I'd suggest everyone to do the same thing.

Voror

Well, picking this up tomorrow. I was a bit surprised by some of the reviews, though they're not necessarily by people I put much stock in. Anyway, hopefully it ends up an enjoyable experience for me. I don't expect anything mind blowing or the like, but I enjoyed the first game despite its flaws and the demo was alright.

Is Mirror of Fate a good game? I have it on 3ds but can’t get myself to play it, since my eyes bleed from its ugliness. But in HD it’s probably playable.

Top Bottom