• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PC DEMO THREAD - 07/30/2013

dmr87

hmm..

1375219018523.png

herewego.jpg

----

Game just gives me black screen and tabs down, gonna fiddle some in a bit.

The console version was really pretty, aliasing and af issues aside.

So as long as I can bruteforce those together with a good resolution, it should look glorious.

pestul

Weird key bindings lol. Runs awesome on my crossfire 5850 rig at 1440p max settings. And that's even with it seemingly not working with crossfire anyway (one gpu active).. I'm just glad it works day 1 on an AMD rig lol.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Weird key bindings lol. Runs awesome on my crossfire 5850 rig at 1440p max settings. And that's even with it seemingly not working with crossfire anyway (one gpu active).. I'm just glad it works day 1 on an AMD rig lol.

What CPU you got? I'm on a HD5870 with a C2D E8500 D:

LiK

judging from screens, the demo is the beginning of the game just like with the console demo and probably the worst looking environment.

I have a Dual Core AMD 5000+, 3GB Ram and 560. Runs Perfect with 60FPS everything on Max with highest Resolution all the time.

Game runs fine on max settings but the demo isn't convincing me to buy it.

You played the worst part of the game. After Chapter 3 you have a nearly perfect game.

DieH@rd

Banned
Game runs fine on max settings but the demo isn't convincing me to buy it.

Game is long, with beautiful artstyle, good characters, godly music and excellent combat engine.

Sadly, it has slow opening. Buy it eventually, it deserves a playthrough.

iavi

It's a Gaming Evolved title, so I'd hope some time was put into the AMD side of things.

for the people who like doing screenshots: the game crashes when the resolution is set to 3200x1800. I'll try other resolutions.

EDIT: yeah, the game doesn't really like downsampling.

Durante

Played it.

Good:
- Performance -- locked 60 FPS at 2560x1440 with everything on my 660ti
- Looks absolutely amazing
- Plays much better at 60 FPS

Bad:
- They didn't implement proper mouse/keyboard controls, not even in the menus
- Bare minimum of graphical options
- The pre-rendered cutscene videos look terrible compared to the actual game

.la1n

The demo is the exact same as what was on consoles, it's really not the best to show off what the game is capable of. Really wish they had went a couple chapters ahead and pulled from there. The forest would have been gorgeous to sell the game with.

As for performance, it runs great and feels good to play at a consistently good frame rate. Worth double dipping at the price I think, should be a good way to play for those new to the series.

Edit: yes the cut scenes do look noticeably worse now compared to actual gameplay.

Sentenza

Played it.

Good:
- Performance -- locked 60 FPS at 2560x1440 with everything on my 660ti
- Looks absolutely amazing
- Plays much better at 60 FPS

Bad:
Can't say I care even remotely about the first bad point, but the other two are a bit disappointing.

Ryuuga

Banned
The 60 FPS is worth it alone, everything else is a marginal improvement. The visuals are still a mixed bag, though this game primarily showed it's merit through art.

iavi

Can't say I care even remotely about the first bad point, but the other two are a bit disappointing.

Luckily enough, injectors are here to save the day (if the port doesn't shit itself as soon as you attempt one), as far as AA goes.

Well, at least they're not Mortal Kombat level of bad.

MK's cutscenes are almost transcendent in how bad they are. I almost turned the game off, they looked so bad.

Being better than those would be no great feat :(

It actually runs okay on my machine, though I have to turn everything down pretty low.

Game is still amazing. So beautiful and the combat system is so good.

bee

shortest demo i ever played, quite fun though, will purchase for £5. played through it all, lowest fps was 90 on an overclocked 670

I must be alone in not caring about menu options. It sucks for people with worse PCs who have to tone down stuff to get it to run well, but it's also not like the visuals suffer - it's 'maxed out' by default, if you will.

Durante

Whoa, this game screenshots really badly. I was thinking "man this looks awesome" while playing, and when I looked at the screenshots I took they all looked like crap. Will need some heavy downsampling (and maybe motion-blur-disabling) wizardry to get screenshots that do it justice.

KKRT00

Whoa, this game screenshots really badly. I was thinking "man this looks awesome" while playing, and when I looked at the screenshots I took they all looked like crap. Will need some heavy downsampling (and maybe motion-blur-disabling) wizardry to get screenshots that do it justice.

What are You using for screenshots? It doesnt detect my fraps ;\

BTW game looks very good and its so fluent, its completely different game compared to PS3 demo, but my god whoever designed keyboard controls should be hanged - no fucking logic in them, like none.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Shit runs perfectly. Good job Climax! I didn't realise how closely the 3DS game's combat system resembled this, barely needed to adjust to the extra dimension, feels awesome.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Played it.

Bad:
I, for one, am shocked.
Absolutely, totally shocked.

Still, can't wait to play it.

sunnz

Damn, really is a great looking game graphically, love the art style and detail.

So good.

Pretty fun combat too, defiantly will consider buying it.

Top Bottom