• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition |OT| Now at 60 FPS!

Durante

Oh god the compression...

9405328582_2bb34369e9_o.png
Worthy replacement for the shot in the OP.

Retro

Completely unrelated, but thanks for including the Castlevania Retrospective in the OT; been a while since I've seen it and it's pretty damn good.

hlhbk

Completely unrelated, but thanks for including the Castlevania Retrospective in the OT; been a while since I've seen it and it's pretty damn good.

I wish GT would go back to doing retrospectives. They were the best thing GT has ever done.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, my pre-order is ready.

I must admit the talk of all the tech issues put me right off the game on 360 or PS3 but my PC is easily strong enough to ensure a stable 60fps so this should be awesome.

Well my preorder is ready. Just wish it was releasing on a Friday instead of a Wednesday so I don't have to suffer 2 work days without playing it.

Foffy

Banned
Never played the PS3/360 version and the demo left a terrible impression in my mouth. Please tell me the game is waaay better than the trash demo.

The demo on PC was the same as on consoles; it's LITERALLY the first two levels of the game. The stage right after them actually opens up and you get to see more of the central gameplay ideas pop into focus. And even then, the first few chapters are a slow cooking process.

Swarna

I played the 360 version at launch and constantly wondered if my machine was overheating because of the abysmal FPS at times. Never finished it because I couldn't enjoy it like that. Glad to get a proper non-slideshow version this time around.

Ichabod

Banned
Been waiting a long time for this. Now I just need Dragon's Dogma and Metal Gear Solid Revengeance and my most wanted PC port list will be complete.

hlhbk

But its not a clone..... This series had whip based combo combat before GOW existed

I think he means the gameplay in LOS is a clone of GOW. I actually think LOS is better. Though the Spiders in LOS freak me it as I hate spiders.

Mupod

But its not a clone..... This series had whip based combo combat before GOW existed

It's hard to deny the influence, even as someone who played the shit out of Lament of Innocence and noticed many similarities.

But I also am not a big fan of God of War and really enjoyed Lords of Shadow. Except for a certain dumb boss QTE instakill.

d31m0s

I think he means the gameplay in LOS is a clone of GOW. I actually think LOS is better. Though the Spiders in LOS freak me it as I hate spiders.

Thats what i am reffering to lol that Lament of innocence had a primitive version of the combat prior to GOW announcement while it borrowed heavily from DMC

I enjoyed chapter 1, but yeah, chapter 2 was just incredibly long and boring.

And while I'm not a big fan of the titan fights, I can't wait to see how they look on PC.

The whole game just shines on PC. On chapter 2 now. Glad alot of folks want to pick this up on PC. Needs more love.

ArynCrinn

Banned
LOS had a much more complex and advanced/technical fighting system than any GOW has had. Play it on hardest difficulty to see this vs. GOW3/Ascension hardest. Could use a bit of polish in some areas though, platforming being one. And fighting system-wise it could use a little rebalancing.

I'd actually argue that pound-for-pound the scale (battle and vista scenarios) of LOS beats the GOW series in a lot of ways. And also one of the best endings of the last gen, imo.

Is Patrick Stewart returning for LOS2?

By the by, picking this up on Steam when release edges closer or they offer some pre-order bonuses.

d31m0s

It's hard to deny the influence, even as someone who played the shit out of Lament of Innocence and noticed many similarities.

But I also am not a big fan of God of War and really enjoyed Lords of Shadow. Except for a certain dumb boss QTE instakill.

I overall enjoyed the game but the first third was too slow and could have been shortened even if it cut out 3-5 hours of the game i had got the game twice the first time i didnt even get past the first four acts

hlhbk

I overall enjoyed the game but the first third was too slow and could have been shortened even if it cut out 3-5 hours of the game i had got the game twice the first time i didnt even get past the first four acts

After you first encounter them are there Spices throughout the game?

Bluth54

Never played the PS3/360 version and the demo left a terrible impression in my mouth. Please tell me the game is waaay better than the trash demo.

I bought the full version and played for a few hours (I think I got to the jungle area) and I really disliked the game. I gave up and never picked it up again.

Foffy

Banned
I bought the full version and played for a few hours (I think I got to the jungle area) and I really disliked the game. I gave up and never picked it up again.

It actually gets better after that bit. From the
fight with the Lycan Lord to the Vampire arc
is where the game shines.

It actually gets better after that bit. From the
fight with the Lycan Lord to the Vampire arc
is where the game shines.

I agree, I mentioned somewhere else, they could of taken the demo from any level around the
spider caverns area
and beyond and it would be fine for a demo, but yea, beginning of the game is a little eh. I don't even think the demo is valuable for showing off the combat as I find the combat to be very unbalanced until you have
both the light and shadow meters, often found myself scraping for health without being to flip between healing and more damage

BPoole

I bought this game for PS3 but never played it. When I saw it was coming to PC I traded it in.

I really hope the game is a lot better than the demo was

TC: You might want to add to the OP that Greem Man Gaming has a voucher (GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN) that get you an additional 20% off the game, brining it to $21.60.

garath

Pre-ordered. Some little card money + a gamestop trade-in for a steam wallet card means it was an easy purchase.

Never played this on console. Can't wait to give it a shot.

Looking forward to playing this at 60 fps but will wait for price drop. Still bitter about buying the dlc for the PS3 version lol.

Top Bottom