• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania SOTN Recommendation (It's not on the Switch)

Since the Playstation Spring sale is coming to an end, I took a look and found Castlevania Requiem for the PS4, Which has Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

Now here's the fun part, I have access to a PS3 and Switch currently. So I would be picking up this title for future play when I can get my PS4 Pro out of storage (not anytime soon). So I started researching the different versions, when I found a great video from My Life in Gaming:

Which highlighted the Playstation 3 version as well.

I was hoping to pick it up for the Switch, but the only release is the Castlevania Anniversary Collection which omits SOTN
castlevania-anniversary-collection-switch-hero.jpg

What version would NeoGaf recommend? I imagine the PS3 version scores points for accessibility, and the PS4 version scores for 4k compatablity.

I know it was recently released for iPad, but I want to use a gaming controller, and I only have access to a Switch Pro Controller and PS3 controller.

There's a good quote from My Life in Gaming video,

"each version has its own pro's and con's...but the only wrong way to play them, is to not play them at all."

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Just get the original PS1 game (or I guess any version just to legally own it and then still), just play on PC with RetroArch/BeetleHW and nice CRT filters.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
kingbean kingbean I'm huge into pixel art and enjoy seeing every pixel when playing, just not stretched. Vawn Vawn Is the Switch port fixed with updates?

I think it's been patched. How much better is it - I don't know.

I bought it launch on PS4. I really wanted it on Switch, but it definitely was a mess then. The game is fantastic. It's a shame they did such a poor job on the Switch.

Top Bottom