• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
There is a rules update in the OP that all members much read. Specifically the one rule that is completely in BOLD. Please quote this post and reply saying it's been read. I am not going to be lenient on anybody who breaks this rule and there will be no warnings given if it is broken.

cool

abrack08

There is a rules update in the OP that all members much read. Specifically the one rule that is completely in BOLD. Please quote this post and reply saying it's been read. I am not going to be lenient on anybody who breaks this rule and there will be no warnings given if it is broken.
Read

thought this was a given, but okay.

Yeah, seems insane that it needs to be pointed out...should fall under the general rule of don't be an asshole.

LOL!!! that was my first thought when it happened. I hate making new rules but it had to be done.

I would just like to say that I was not trying to get any sort of advantage. Shane had already said he was going to stream and I thought two streams would be redundant. I like chatting with people who are watching the game, so I was in Shane's stream chatting with Hlhbk and LostBigBoss. The delay would most likely make any play calls you could see useless as the ball would have already been snapped, and I was just not looking to see his audibles or adjustments or tendencies or anything like that. Nothing nefarious was happening, and if I was trying to be sneaky I wouldn't have been chatting on twitch anyway. I didn't even consider the fact that it could be used for any sort of advantage until LostBigBoss realized I was playing and in my opponents stream and told me to leave.

That said, it is obvious why we don't want people doing that and I won't be doing it again. Just wanted to reiterate that I was not trying to do anything shady.

Read ... I don't even think my internet connection would even handle me streaming or watching a stream while playing a game.

The next time you play the Pats, you should play, stream, and watch your own stream.

Fixed1979

I would just like to say that I was not trying to get any sort of advantage. Shane had already said he was going to stream and I thought two streams would be redundant. I like chatting with people who are watching the game, so I was in Shane's stream chatting with Hlhbk and LostBigBoss. The delay would most likely make any play calls you could see useless as the ball would have already been snapped, and I was just not looking to see his audibles or adjustments or tendencies or anything like that. Nothing nefarious was happening, and if I was trying to be sneaky I wouldn't have been chatting on twitch anyway. I didn't even consider the fact that it could be used for any sort of advantage until LostBigBoss realized I was playing and in my opponents stream and told me to leave.

That said, it is obvious why we don't want people doing that and I won't be doing it again. Just wanted to reiterate that I was not trying to do anything shady.

I believe you, but regardless the optics are obviously poor. And I hope you don't think I was calling you an asshole! =)

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yo I think I might have caught some shit last night for going for it on 4th down with a 10 point lead early in the 3rd quarter and wanted to clarify the situation and maybe get some clarification on the rules in a situation like this so I don't rub my opponent or anyone else the wrong way going forward.

So basically, I was up 17-7 and had the ball in Panther territory at the 40 yard line. Panthers stopped me and it was 4th and 5. FG would have been 55 yards which was too far for my kicker. Am I expected to punt in this situation? I kind of always looked at this part of the field as no man's land between the 30 and 40 yard line and if the yardage needed to get a first down is manageable, I usually go for it. If this isn't cool with the league I won't be doing it anymore.

Also, when it's 4th and inches, and it's the first quarter in you're in your own territory, should that be a mandatory punt as well? Or is this okay to go for it? I was up 7-0 at the time. I mention this because this happened in our first game that disconnected in the first quarter and the panthers went for it on 4th and inches at his own 30 yard line or so. I was cool with it though.

I know shit can get get real grey when it comes to going for it on 4th down so that's why I'm bringing it up.

Reading the 4th down rule makes it seem like all of this is cool but I wanted to be sure about it

L-gon

Yo I think I might have caught some shit last night for going for it on 4th down with a 10 point lead early in the 3rd quarter and wanted to clarify the situation and maybe get some clarification on the rules in a situation like this so I don't rub my opponent or anyone else the wrong way going forward.

So basically, I was up 17-7 and had the ball in Panther territory at the 40 yard line. Panthers stopped me and it was 4th and 5. FG would have been 55 yards which was too far for my kicker. Am I expected to punt in this situation? I kind of always looked at this part of the field as no man's land between the 30 and 40 yard line and if the yardage needed to get a first down is manageable, I usually go for it. If this isn't cool with the league I won't be doing it anymore.

Eh, as your opponent, I think you were fine. I was just blowing off steam at my inability to stop anything. I had a much better gameplan the first time we played and I deviated far too quickly. Was just more annoyed at myself than anything. You were totally in no man's land and the Saints would have went for it in real life as well.

Also, when it's 4th and inches, and it's the first quarter in you're in your own territory, should that be a mandatory punt as well? Or is this okay to go for it? I was up 7-0 at the time. I mention this because this happened in our first game that disconnected in the first quarter and the panthers went for it on 4th and inches at his own 30 yard line or so. I was cool with it though.

I know shit can get get real grey when it comes to going for it on 4th down so that's why I'm bringing it up.

I went for it because I knew I wasn't going to do much stopping of you shy of creating turnovers. Getting down 14-0 quick would have been practically a death blow right out of the gates. If it were even 4th and 1 I would have punted.

Per the rules, we were both fine. You're just not supposed to go for it on 4th when up two touchdowns or more - and should try to limit going for it to 3 or so times unless trailing in the 4th quarter.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Eh, as your opponent, I think you were fine. I was just blowing off steam at my inability to stop anything. I had a much better gameplan the first time we played and I deviated far too quickly. Was just more annoyed at myself than anything. You were totally in no man's land and the Saints would have went for it in real life as well.

I went for it because I knew I wasn't going to do much stopping of you shy of creating turnovers. Getting down 14-0 quick would have been practically a death blow right out of the gates. If it were even 4th and 1 I would have punted.

Per the rules, we were both fine. You're just not supposed to go for it on 4th when up two touchdowns or more - and should try to limit going for it to 3 or so times unless trailing in the 4th quarter.

Ah cool man!! Glad you feel that way lol! When I saw your post in the groupme chat I was like shiiiiiiit. Then Trini told me people were questioning it in the twitch stream chat too, though I didn't read any of it.

Ray665

Gotcha

thomasbk

Read

The next time you play the Pats, you should play, stream, and watch your own stream.

Haha I don't know what happened that past game! No one else has complained about lag on my games (although i've felt it, but just for a few plays a game), and I didn't feel any lag that game. But at least you seem to have enjoyed the frustration on the patriots guy! :p

hlhbk

Haha I don't know what happened that past game! No one else has complained about lag on my games (although i've felt it, but just for a few plays a game), and I didn't feel any lag that game. But at least you seem to have enjoyed the frustration on the patriots guy! :p

Just so you are aware when we play in week 16 I can't stand lag. We will need to keep restarting until its gone if it's there when we play. Speaking of our game we play after we advance Saturday. Would you be available Saturday night around 10 PM EST to play?

Fixed1979

What happens with our FA's that we signed to 1 year deals this season, do we get a chance to resign them before they go back in the FA pool at the end of the year? It's not giving me any way to negotiate a new contract with them...

Also I have 1 or two players I've been trying to re-sign without any luck regardless of if I match what they're looking for or not...I've even tried to delegate the re-signings and that hasn't worked. Anyone have a suggestion?

thomasbk

If it's like the old maddens, the offseason starts with letting you resign your players.

Just so you are aware when we play in week 16 I can't stand lag. We will need to keep restarting until its gone if it's there when we play. Speaking of our game we play after we advance Saturday. Would you be available Saturday night around 10 PM EST to play?

I probably won't be around saturday night, i'll be around sunday or monday night after the games, or probably tuesday all night.

hlhbk

If it's like the old maddens, the offseason starts with letting you resign your players.

I probably won't be around saturday night, i'll be around sunday or monday night after the games, or probably tuesday all night.

Does 8 PM EST Sunday night work for you?

hlhbk

Possibly! yeah, maybe we can squeeze our game in before SNF.

Can we commit to playing at 8 PM EST on Sunday night? At worst we would miss the first 15-20 minutes of SNF. If that doesn't work how about 7:45 EST? I definitely want to get it in Sunday.

Lexxon

Titans are now claimed. They should be signing up to the league by end of day today... Welcome aboard Lennox

Lexxon, but thanks :p

I'm still not seeing the league invite, unfortunately. Should it be in-game at the "league invites" section of Connected Franchise?

EDIT: I found the league, just need the password.

thomasbk

Can we commit to playing at 8 PM EST on Sunday night? At worst we would miss the first 15-20 minutes of SNF. If that doesn't work how about 7:45 EST? I definitely want to get it in Sunday.

Yeah lets play at 7:45!

I'm pretty much out of the playoffs! Unless the Raiders, Titans or Patriots have a melt down and lose their two games and I magically win my last two games!

hlhbk

Yeah lets play at 7:45!

I'm pretty much out of the playoffs! Unless the Raiders, Titans or Patriots have a melt down and lose their two games and I magically win my last two games!

Cool. 7:45 it is. I think you need myself and titans to lose out to make the 2nd wild card.

abrack08

Lexxon, but thanks :p

I'm still not seeing the league invite, unfortunately. Should it be in-game at the "league invites" section of Connected Franchise?

EDIT: I found the league, just need the password.

I just PMed you the password.

We advance tonight at 10 PM Eastern, and the Titans/Jets game hasn't been played yet. Will you be able to play tonight? Try to contact the Jets owner if you see this and get signed up in time

Lexxon

I just PMed you the password.

We advance tonight at 10 PM Eastern, and the Titans/Jets game hasn't been played yet. Will you be able to play tonight? Try to contact the Jets owner if you see this and get signed up in time

I'm reaching out to the Jets now. Just got my new 0XP coach set up, and changed the settings as recommended in the OP. Should be good to go.

abrack08

IF THE SEASON ENDED AFTER WEEK 15:

NFC:
1. Bears 13-1
2. Saints 12-2
3. Cardinals 11-3
4. Giants 9-5
5. Packers 11-3
6. 49ers 8-6

In the hunt:
Panthers 7-7
Redskins 7-7
Eagles 7-7
Buccaneers 7-7

Notes:
  • Saints, Cardinals, and Bears have clinched their divisions.
  • Cardinals can still get a first round bye if they 1) Win their 2 remaining games, and 2) The Saints lose one more game or the Bears lose 2
  • The Packers have clinched a playoff spot
  • The Giants are 2 games up with 2 to go. However, they lost both games against the Redskins, and if they were to lose out they would have a worse division record than the Eagles, who they would have split with. If the Giants lose 2 games and either the Redskins or Eagles win 2, the Giants would lose the division.
  • The Giants lost their game against the 49ers. If they were to lose the division, they would need the 49ers to lose both their remaining games to make the wild-card. They would also need the Panthers and Buccaneers to lose at least one game each, as either of those teams would have the Conference Wins tie-breaker in this scenario
  • Of all the 7-7 teams, the Redskins have the worst conference record and lost H2H games to the 49ers and Bucs. They pretty much need to win out + have the Giants lose out to get in. Any tie for the wild-card, they will likely lose.
  • Rams are technically still alive at 6-8 but need too much help for a realistic shot. They can play spoiler and help bring about the demise of the Giants if they win their Week 16 game. This team was 6-1 before going on auto for 5 in-game weeks, and has now lost 7 in a row

AFC:
1) Colts 11-3
2) Browns 10-4
3) Broncos 10-4
4) Patriots 9-5
5) Steelers 10-4
6) Raiders 9-5

In the Hunt:
Titans 8-6
Jaguars 7-7
Bills 7-7

NOTES
  • Colts clinch the division win a win or Titans loss
  • Broncos beat the Colts and can still steal Home Field away from them if Colts lose one more game and the Broncos win out
  • Browns have the division record tie-breaker over the Steelers (4-1 to 3-2). Steelers pretty much need to finish with a better record than the Browns to win the division
  • If the Browns beat the Panthers but lose to the Ravens, and the Steelers lose to the Chiefs but beat the Bengals, they would have split the h2h games, the same division record, and the same conference record. The winner would be determined by record vs common opponents, that's too much work for me right now. If the Steelers lose to the Bengals instead of the Chiefs they'd be 3-3 in the division and would need the Browns to lose out to win the division.
  • The Bills had about 100 chances to beat the Packers and keep making the Patriots sweat. If they had won that game and then beat the Pats again, they would probably win the division. Now they're 2 games behind with 2 to go, even if they beat the Patriots they need help. Very unlikely.
  • If the Raiders beat the Broncos and finish with the same record, they would have swept the Broncos and won the division. If the Raiders lose and the Broncos win week 16, the Broncos clinch the division.
  • I believe now that the Titans lost to the Jets, the Raiders and Titans have the same record vs Common Opponents. The Tiebreaker would now be Strength of Victory... which I'm not calculating at the moment

It has made me sad that the user created website that was used for my Madden 08 PC league was far more impressive than the mess that EA uses for these leagues.

It's complete BS too that this site has been offline for a week now. They obviously don't care to get it up and running again.

@Raiders

reggie-miller-choke-o.gif

AFC Wildcard just got hot.

Based on current schedule, the first wildcard slot will go to Steelers. But nobody cares about that we're talking about the second wild card spot.

Through miraculous outcomes, the Raiders have effectively thrown away the sixth seed lock through their own accord. They no longer control their destiny.

During week 16, the Raiders lost against Bills. With the current Broncos record and their next opponent, the Bengals, which will most likely be a win, the Raiders have lost the ability to win out the division, locking them to the sixth seed of the wildcard in a race against the Titans. The Titans faced the Jags in week 16 and won, putting them in a dead tie with the Raiders for the last wildcard.

However, this is where it gets interesting. The Titans and Raiders never had a Head to Head, meaning the first tiebreaker is null. The next two tie breaks are also the same, meaning as stated above the tiebreaker is Strength of Victory, which takes the combined records of each teams opponents and matches them up.

As of now the Titans have this tiebreaker won, as the Raiders have faced some extremely weak opponents, for instance the Chargers twice who only have two wins.

In order for the Raiders to get the sixth seed, they must win against the Broncos and the Titans must lose against the colts. But, once again there are more things that will most likely go against the Raiders in this situation that is out of their control.

The Colts will clinch bye, unless the moon crashes into the Earth. This means if they have a brain they are going to bench anyone of value against the Titans, upping the odds of the Titans getting a win for Week 17. At the same time the second bye week is wide open for the Broncos and Browns, meaning for week 17 the Broncos will most likely play starters, decreasing the likely hood of a win for the Raiders.

This is all of course if the Steelers don't blow week 17 against Bengals and rip open the fifth seed. If that happens everything I just wrote is null and whole new tiebreaks pop up if Steelers lose and Titans and Raiders win, creating three teams with 10-6 records.

THIS IS ALL OF COURSE BASED ON IF MADDEN PROGRAMERS CAN WRITE A SIMPLE FUCKING IF/ELSE STATEMENT TO PROPERLY CALCULATE THE TIEBREAKERS, WHICH APPARENTLY HASN'T BEEN DONE EVER.

http://www.operationsports.com/inte...gen/679701-how-does-playoff-seeding-work.html

Simply put we have no idea at this point what's gonna happen.

Partly through week 16 folks... Get dem games in..... I am liking some of the upsets going on out here. Nice to see some of the bottow dwellers finally adjusting to the game and giving the heads atop the leader board a run for their money.

thomasbk

@Raiders

reggie-miller-choke-o.gif

AFC Wildcard just got hot.

Based on current schedule, the first wildcard slot will go to Steelers. But nobody cares about that we're talking about the second wild card spot.

Through miraculous outcomes, the Raiders have effectively thrown away the sixth seed lock through their own accord. They no longer control their destiny.

During week 16, the Raiders lost against Bills. With the current Broncos record and their next opponent, the Bengals, which will most likely be a win, the Raiders have lost the ability to win out the division, locking them to the sixth seed of the wildcard in a race against the Titans. The Titans faced the Jags in week 16 and won, putting them in a dead tie with the Raiders for the last wildcard.

However, this is where it gets interesting. The Titans and Raiders never had a Head to Head, meaning the first tiebreaker is null. The next two tie breaks are also the same, meaning as stated above the tiebreaker is Strength of Victory, which takes the combined records of each teams opponents and matches them up.

As of now the Titans have this tiebreaker won, as the Raiders have faced some extremely weak opponents, for instance the Chargers twice who only have two wins.

In order for the Raiders to get the sixth seed, they must win against the Broncos and the Titans must lose against the colts. But, once again there are more things that will most likely go against the Raiders in this situation that is out of their control.

The Colts will clinch bye, unless the moon crashes into the Earth. This means if they have a brain they are going to bench anyone of value against the Titans, upping the odds of the Titans getting a win for Week 17. At the same time the second bye week is wide open for the Broncos and Browns, meaning for week 17 the Broncos will most likely play starters, decreasing the likely hood of a win for the Raiders.

This is all of course if the Steelers don't blow week 17 against Bengals and rip open the fifth seed. If that happens everything I just wrote is null and whole new tiebreaks pop up if Steelers lose and Titans and Raiders win, creating three teams with 10-6 records.

THIS IS ALL OF COURSE BASED ON IF MADDEN PROGRAMERS CAN WRITE A SIMPLE FUCKING IF/ELSE STATEMENT TO PROPERLY CALCULATE THE TIEBREAKERS, WHICH APPARENTLY HASN'T BEEN DONE EVER.

http://www.operationsports.com/inte...gen/679701-how-does-playoff-seeding-work.html

Simply put we have no idea at this point what's gonna happen.

None of that really matters, cause Titans are going to lose, Raiders are going to lose, and Bills are going to win and go on to be Superbowl champions!!
BILLIEVE!

None of that really matters, cause Titans are going to lose, Raiders are going to lose, and Bills are going to win and go on to be Superbowl champions!!
BILLIEVE!

Ahhh, yes. Through miraculous abilities the Bills will win against Mallet/Sexy Brady Jr.

YOU'RE OUT BITCH, BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, MOON MAN.

thomasbk

In the last game of the season, with minimal chances to make the playoffs, the Bills managed two score a total of 0 points... with a chance to score on fourth and goal in the fourth quarter and then at the 20 yard line with a last play... a heart breaking 6 - 0 loss to the Patriots!

So that does it for me this season! Stupid losses at the beginning of the year in games I thought I was going to win easily and let my opponent play came back to haunt me in the end!

So the Bills streak of consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance extends to 47 or something like that!

hlhbk

I'm still Twitch stupid, but I think I did this right:

Turned my crazy comeback into a Twitch Highlight:

http://www.twitch.tv/porkchoppter/c/5409079

Starting at the Colts' TD to make it 10-0, and ending at the final INT.

Two thoughts on this.

#1 KK doesn't get to complain about "home town cooking" on that come back. The D that the colts were in on the long TD pass to Nate Washington was one of the worst final drive play calls I can remember seeing in Madden. Up by ten with 1:38 left with Titans having 2 timeouts you need to play quarters cover 4 and make them use up the clock and their timeouts instead of the D that was called.

#2. That onside kick was certainly bullshit.

The Playoffs are here folks... In the AFC we have the Colts and Broncos as teams with bye weeks while the Patriots and Titans face off this week and the Browns and Steelers face off to move on to the next round.

In the NFC we have MVP Jay Cutler and the Bears along with the Saints claiming bye weeks while the Cardinals and Niners square off and the Giants and Packers play to move on to the next round. Goodluck to all and lets have an exciting playoffs folks.

For everyone else looking in, pay attention on GroupMe and here as well as to when teams stream their games via Twitch and enjoy the playoffs with us. Feel free to chime in and trash talk along the way also while we whip through the Playoff round.

Top Bottom