• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

Jarate

Banned
JARATE'S LAST POWER RANKINGS OF THE REGULAR SEASON

1. Bears - Jay Cutler is MVP, this team is 15-1 and has home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Although, their one loss this season is at home...

2. Saints - Drew Brees should be healthy by the time the season is done, and this team is roaring for a rematch against the Bears.

3. Cardinals - The Cardinals might be the most hot team in the league, and might be the biggest threat to the NFC top teams. Drew Stanton is playing like an MVP and their defense is nasty.

4. Colts - The Colts finish the season with the best record in the AFC, and while their record isn't as good as the others, their team is incredibly dangerous

5. Patriots - The Patriots have gained their mojo back, and will take their top defense in the league into the playoffs with the always dangerous Tom Brady.

6. Packers - with by far the worst defense in the Playoffs, we'll see if Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Hale can step up and outscore their opponents. If they can limit the turnovers, something they havent done for the 2nd half of the season, this team can be as dangerous as any

7. Broncos - The Broncos are similar to the Packers in offensive scope, but their defense is much better. They do need to get more balance and also limit the turnovers, but look out, Peyton Manning is always dangerous

8. Browns - The Browns have the most dominant RB in the league right now in Eddie Lacy, but yet their QB play has been suspect. Can Johnny Football Step up his game enough to win a championship, and will teams get sacked with as much veractiy as the Browns accomplished this season.

9. Steelers - Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy provided a Running Back spectacle we havent seen in the AFC North for a while, but, the Steelers have a toiugh road as an 11-5 Wild Card team.

10. Giants - The Giants won the NFC East, and on Paper, should be a contender for this year's title. Their team has scored a lot of points and their defense has given up not a lot, but for some reason they are 10-6. They also are 3-5 at home this year, which might be a bad sign for having home field for the wildcard week

11. Titans - Despite limping into the playoffs, the Titans have a resolve and had an incredible comeback which launched them into the playoffs. They seem to have gotten hot at the right times this year, but the Patriots are a tough draw in the Wildcard round

12. Raiders - Despite missing the playoffs, the Raiders broke expectations this year for many, by going 10-6. Their offense next year could be potent

13. The 49ers - Despite losing a meaningless game, the 49ers are a hot team coming in, and no back has played as well as Frank Gore the past few weeks. This team could be incredibly dangerous, but they need Kaepernick to play at a high level.

14. Eagles - The Eagles ended the season on a huge win streak at 5 games, but just barely missed the playoffs. Nick Foles had a rough year this year, if they can get any type of output from him, this team could be dangerous next year

15. Buccaneers - The Buccaneers came out of nowhere in the second half, led by FMT, this team stunned its way to upsets over the Packers and Bears. But their loss against the Lions was tough, and the Buccaneers barely missed the playoffs. Look to them next year to be a potent team

16. Ravens - The Ravens had a good year, but good might be what the Baltimore faithful wanted. This team had some growing pains, but next year, they could compete in the best Division in football

17. Bills - The Bills defense is as dominant as you'll see in this league, but their offense leaves much to be desired. Sammy Watkins showed he could be a dominant receiver in this league though, and EJ Manuel played well for the season. They desperately need a running threat

18. Panthers - The Panthers were an enigma all season long, but their 8-8 record has got to be a disappointment for the Carolina faithful. Cam Newton needs to have a better season next year

19. Redskins - The Redskins had a massive improvement from last years team, and while it's not as successful as RG3 first year, he managed to take them deep into the year with a good season. This team can only improve

20. Jaguars - Despite having the worst roster in football, the Jaguars stunned many by going 8-8 this year. Blake Bortles should only improve into next year as the Jaguars might turn some heads next season

21. Lions - The Lions have one of the best offenses in the league, but their defense let them down all year. Next year, with Stafford healthy, the Lions could compete with the Packers and Bears

22. Rams - The Rams limped in the 2nd half, as BJ Daniels and his offense couldnt get anything going. Next year, we'd like to see them finish the season strong and compete with the stacked NFC

23. Dolphins - The Dolphins need to figure out who their QB will be. Sam Bradford played well a times, but they need a dependable offensive figure on their team.

24. Chiefs - Alex Smith had a rough season for the Chiefs, but the Chiefs seemed to figure it out at the end of the season. If they can avoid turning the ball over, the Chiefs could be scary.

25. Vikings - The Vikings may have figured out who their QB is, but Adrian Peterson needs to get the ball more and their defense needs to actually play. They could be good next year if their defense shows up

26. Jets - Matt Flynn is not the QB of the future for the Jets. I'd like to see them go after a good QB next season.

27. Cowboys - Tony Romo came 1 INT away from tying the record for most ints in a season set by George Blanda. Romo had his worse year by far, an d could be out of the league next year.

28. Bengals - A disappointing season for a good team. There's no excuse for the way Dalton played all year

29. Seahawks - From first to 29th, this might be the worst change in the history of the NFL. the good news is that their team still has good players, the bad news is is that the good players don't seem to be motivated.

30. Texans - The Texans offense managed to be the worst in Football, which is absolutely mind boggling considering that Tony Romo threw 41 INT's and still managed to have a team that could outscore the Texans by over 90 points. I have no clue how you'd fix this team

31. Chargers - The Chargers had by far the worst defense in the NFL, which is amazing, considering how many bad defenses there are. They need playmakers on offense and Defense

32. Falcons - well, at least they got the 1st pick... This team wasnt statistically the worst team, but a 1-15 record means that the struggle was real all year. I doubt the first pick in the draft will even help them that much.

MVP

1. Jay Cutler
2. Lesean McCoy
3. Eddie Lacy
4. Khalil Mack
5. Jimmy Graham

Coach of the Year
1. Johnny Park - Bears
2. Pete Carrol - Saints
3. Keyser Soze - Colts
4. Bruce Arians - Cardinals
5. Mike Pettine - Browns

AFC OPOY
1. Eddie Lacy
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Andrew Luck
4. Peyton Manning
5. Tom Brady

AFC DPOY
1. Khalil Mack
2. Jerod Mayo
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Duron Harmon
5. Wesley Woodyard

AFC OROY
1. Bishop Sankey
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Derek Carr
4. Donte Moncrief
5. Johnny Manziel

AFC DROY
1. Khalil Mack
2. Calvin Pryor
3. Jadeveon Clowney
4. Dezmen Southward
5. Jason Verett

NFC OPOY
1. Lesean McCoy
2. Andre Ellington
3. Rashad Jennings
4. Jimmy Graham
5. Matt Forte

NFC DPOY
1. DJ Williams
2. Parys Haralson
3. Stevie Brown
4. Jairus Byrd
5. Kenny Vaccaro

NFC OROY
1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Eric Ebron
3. Mike Evans
4. Logan Thomas
5. Odell Beckham Jr

NFC DROY
1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2. Demarcus Lawrence
3. Kyle Fuller
4. Anthony Barr
5. Lamarcus Joyner

If you want to, we can do an MVP vote for our league. Send me a PM with the Rankings of your player like so;

1. Andrew Hale
2. Khalil Mack
3. Peyton Manning
4. Derek Carr
5. Aj Hawk

The different players will be weighted based off of points. A 1st place vote gives the player 5 points, a 2nd place vote gives 4, a 3rd place vote 3, a 4th place vote 2, and a 5th place vote 1. The deadline for these picks will be the Probowl

The SuperBowl is just about here. For those whom aren't a constant on GroupMe we may very well start our offseason tomorrow or the day after. Stay tuned and be ready. As well can you please read the OP in regards to our approach for our first offseason leading to the draft.

abrack08

For anybody with a top 10 pick, I have 2 1sts and want to move up (1 is #19-20 and the other is #26-29, don't know the exact spots.

You know two 1sts are better than one!

Lexxon

I potentially have a conflict on Tuesday but hopefully can get out of it. Nothing huge. Either of the other two days should work fine.

don't have a huge preference on the day we do the draft. any day is fine with me as long as its after 4 pm pst. if its before that time i wouldn't be able to do it unless it's on a weekend.

Guys keep checking the OP in regards to the offseason as I am constantly updating it. I just updated the OP in regards to Jarate's situation so please everyone read it...

thomasbk

How the hell do you resign players? I just tried to give them what they asked for... and now it just says "Not interested" and i can't even offer them more :S

Will I just lose all my free agents? :S

Bacon

How the hell do you resign players? I just tried to give them what they asked for... and now it just says "Not interested" and i can't even offer them more :S

Will I just lose all my free agents? :S

I think what they ask for is the absolute minimum that they'll accept. There are other factors at play so if you really want a certain player make sure to offer him more then the asking price.

thomasbk

Well I guess it's too late for that! they all said that they aren't interested ... Had to franchise Marcell Dareus but still going to lose two of my best defensive players :S

And I didn't scout anyone in the draft since like week 3 and when we got to the playoffs I couldn't scout anymore and still can't... And don't have a first round pick!

It's not looking good for the bills next season!

abrack08

I think what they ask for is the absolute minimum that they'll accept. There are other factors at play so if you really want a certain player make sure to offer him more then the asking price.

It's definitely not the minimum. I've signed several players for less than their desired contract. They say "not interested" if they feel your offer is too low and won't negotiate anymore, but there's no way of knowing where that threshold is. They also want bonus money, if you offer them their desired contract value but with no bonus they'll probably reject you.

Well I guess it's too late for that! they all said that they aren't interested ... Had to franchise Marcell Dareus but still going to lose two of my best defensive players :S

And I didn't scout anyone in the draft since like week 3 and when we got to the playoffs I couldn't scout anymore and still can't... And don't have a first round pick!

It's not looking good for the bills next season!

once I advance tonight you can scout to your hearts content so no worries.

These are the trades that have been approved as of now:

The Rams are sending RB Zac Stacy 84 overall and WR Keshawn Martin 63 overall to the Falcons for their 3rd round pick.

The Cardinals trade 1st round picks 20th and 27th overall to the Jets for the 7th overall pick in this draft.

The Browns send a 2nd round pick this year and their 1st and 2nd round picks next year for the Rams 1st round pick this year 12th overall.

All these approved trades can be processed at the advance. I'll update the thread with the others later when they are officially ruled upon.

thomasbk

So who from the Bills is going to be hitting the open market tonight? Spill the beans!

None of bigger names (At least I franchised Dareus even if he didn't want to sign with me!)... but a couple of high rated players and important pieces for my style of defense! ... hopefully no one wants them and I can resign them!

Hopefully they will use the extra cap to invest in a proper internet infrastructure.

lol! ... That doesn't exist here in Costa Rica! ... I'm trying to figure out how to wire my ps4 (the modem is upstairs and tv downstairs), in time for the new season, hopefully that makes it a little better.

The trade of the Rams sending the 31st overall pick to the Patriots for OG Logan Mankins, a 3rd rounder and a 7th rounder has been ......................................................................................................... REJECTED!!!

The trade of QB 0Jimmy Garappolo rated 69 to the Bears for the Bears 2nd round pick has been ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... reluctantly APPROVED

Top Bottom