• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cat Quest |OT| A Purrfect Feline Action RPG

SRgMuzh.png

Price: $12.99 on Steam, $4.99 on mobile
Developers: GentleBros Ltd.
Platforms: Steam / iOS ; Android ; PS4/Switch (Fall 2017)

Description

Leap into a grand adventure of dragons, magic and cats in purr-suit of the evil Drakoth and your catnapped sister! Explore Felingard's huge overworld map, risk life and limb delving into dungeons for epic loot, and lend a paw to a furry cast of characters in a flurry of side quests.

"Touch Arcade Game of the Week!"
"Rock Paper Shotgun Indie Pick of the Week!"
"Tokyo Game Show 2016 Indie Showcase"
"Unite 2016 Showcase"
"Casual Connect 2017 Indie Prize Showcase"
"Casual Connect 2017 Best Mobile Game Finalist"

"“Cat Quest is a game about a cat going on an adventure, nothing more and nothing less, but I’ll tell you what: it’s a bloody good adventure.” - 9.0, Digitally Downloaded
"Combat in Cat Quest occurs entirely in real-time, and is brilliant in its simplicity." - Kotaku
"A PURR-FECT WAY TO SPEND SOME TIME" - Gamespew

Features
- Pawsome real time combat! Oh so juicy combat!
- A huge open world filled with over 15 hours of furry content!
- Over 60 side quests!
- Over 60 dungeons and caves filled with purrfect loot!
- Loot? Yes we have a ton of loot! All cat certified too!
- Gorgeous graphics that accentuate the cuteness of cats!
- An engrossing story about loss, betrayal, adventure, victory and...cats!
- Game Center Achievements to scratch your trophy highs!
- Supports Metal for faster purr-formance!

What are you waiting for? Download now! A Catventure awaits!

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=2aiQM1sykQI

Impressions
Only played a bit but Cat Quest is just so darn cute. It’s admittedly a very casual action RPG but polished and well thought out and...

...did I mention how adorable it is?
Cat Quest is like a cute and "easier" Battleheart Legacy. Controls are very similar to that and Crashlands. So if that style and experience interests you, the game feels absolutely worth its cost of entry thus far.
Batter layton never i bought Cat Quest... first impressions are overwhelmengly positive. Controls are just perfect, so easy to use. The whole game just oozes charm. Loving it. Is the mobile Zelda i never knew i always wanted. GOTY so far. And i only played 30 minutes of it, just keeps getting better and better. This is just paw’some stuff. Purrfect.

Avallon

My problem with this game, from the Giant Bomb Quick Look, is that every enemy attack looks the same; just dodge the growing red circle. Is this the case?

My problem with this game, from the Giant Bomb Quick Look, is that every enemy attack looks the same; just dodge the growing red circle. Is this the case?
The combat, at least in the mobile version, has telegraphed attacks so yes most of the time you will be dodging the red circles and paths. Some enemies have projectile attacks that you dodge regularly though. The steam version has faster attacks and some dodge and roll mechanics I believe.

mujun

Nope. There are horizontal rectangles, vertical ones, crosses, etc.

vix

No concrete console date yet then? I had seen this on the ios store but balked at buying since my ipad can't handle most (pretty much all) new games and my phone is getting up there in age so I tend to stick to free games just in case.

kendrid

Banned
I just purchased a 10.5" iPad pro and I'm buying this tonight. Thanks for the thread, this looks cute and fun.

kendrid

Banned
I finished the game last night. Overall it was a lot of fun with an amazing amount of purrfect cat puns.

My quests show as 98% complete and none of the quest boards have quests left. I
found the pirate treasure
. Anyone know what I may have missed? I did not clear every dungeon, that is too much of a grind.

Top Bottom