• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cat wins annual "Hero Dog" award from SPCA of Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reset

i'm telling you that Dog and Man have been partners in crime since prehistoric eras. we have evolved together and are our lives have been so intertwined for so many thousands of years that without one or another, it is highly unlikely either would have survived to this day.
there is a reason society looks down on "anti-dog" people and consider those who are callous to violence against dogs psychopathic. cats are great animals, but dogs are man's best friend.
I don't what this has to do with what is shown in the video, but if you think there was nothing wrong with the dog that could have killed a child. Then I think you're the one who's psychopathic.
There's nothing stopping from the dog getting out again as we can see that the owner is stupid and useless and should never have a pet. And since the dog showed that it's dangerous, it deserves to be put down. No point in taking another chance with a dangerous animal.

Typical dimwitted dog. Go sniff some butts.

funny enough dogs have come out on top on intelligence tests plenty of times.... sooooooooooooooooooooo...

I don't what this has to do with what is shown in the video, but if you think there was nothing wrong with the dog that could have killed a child. Then I think you're the one who's psychopathic.
There's nothing stopping from the dog getting out again as we can see that the owner is stupid and useless and should never have a pet. And since the dog showed that it's dangerous, it deserves to be put down. No point in taking another chance with a dangerous animal.

Jesus christ man. You're inventing a whole backstory for the dog. Reality is they probably caught it and put it in a shelter to see if it can be brought to a home.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

who ya talkin to? what ya talkin about?

before your edit, all your post said was this:

This is why dogs are awful.

Hazmat

Jesus christ man. You're inventing a whole backstory for the dog. Reality is they probably caught it and put it in a shelter to see if it can be brought to a home.

Im pretty sure the dog belonged to a neighbor and it was (rightly) put down.

Edit: I might be wrong about it belonging to a neighbor, I remember reading that but can't find it anywhere now. It was euthanized though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the truth here is that the dog is just doing what any dog would do given the chance i.e. savaging a defenseless child

Im pretty sure the dog belonged to a neighbor and it was (rightly) put down.

if that's the case then nothing much that can be done about that. The neighbor clearly wasn't raising the dog right if its first instinct at seeing a living thing is to run to it and play tug of war with its leg.

if that's the case then nothing much that can be done about that. The neighbor clearly wasn't raising the dog right if its first instinct at seeing a living thing is to run to it and play tug of war with its leg.

Typical dog owner excuses

"It wasn't being raised right"

"It's just instinct"

"The dog was mentally ill"

"The dog's wife left him"

Pretty sure dog murders of kids far outweigh cat murders of kids

Wow, that is the most badass cat I've ever seen. Unfortunately this thread is what informed me that Splatfest has been canceled :'( #teamcat

It was the neighbor's dog. Even if it was a stray it's dangerous and doesn't belong in any home where it could hurt other people.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/pets/ct-hero-cat-award-20150619-story.html

Good news though. The dog was euthanized.

While this dog may be an exception, your post history regarding dogs is uhh... discomforting to say the least. I sincerely hope that you are never around a dog alone.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I was ready to come in here and hate on this award being given to a cat, but then I saw it was that cat.

I'll allow it.

So you are taking this seriously, now i will laugh even harder

Nah I just didn't read the last quote and thought you were being serious, then I realized you were joking so I had to edit in the video, but knowing the time it takes for GAF posts to happen I had to go run find the video before you quoted. Didn't have time.

Reset

While this dog may be an exception, your post history regarding dogs is uhh... discomforting to say the least. I sincerely hope that you are never around a dog alone.
Since you already bothered to enough to look through my post history. Maybe you should taken a closer look or spent more time reading. All the other posts that the other guy quoted of mine was about a dog charging at a cop or a dog attacking a kid.
If you think dangerous dogs shouldn't be put down or if their lives are more valuable than humans. Then there's something wrong with you.

Some cats have balls of absolute steel

tumblr_n7i082h4221rrhjaso3_400.gif

0V580rt.gif

iH6MMF7.gif

gmDKhrv.gif

Zero fucks given

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
the truth here is that the dog is just doing what any dog would do given the chance i.e. savaging a defenseless child

Hah I love it

Between this and team dog posters with dog avatars and names arguing their side against cat avatar and names this thread is firing on all deliver cylinders

gosox333

Seriously this thread is really an us vs them kinda deal? We can't just bask in the badassness of the gif in the op? Like for the first few posts I thought it was just cheeky banter, but holy shit are some people really getting into it.

Fuck this place sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom