• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine: Full Body will release for the PS4 but Vita is cut for the west

https://www.dualshockers.com/catherine-full-body-western-release-ps4-only/

latest

Can I get a ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I know a lot of people don't care that much for the Vita anymore but there are just some games out there that are a perfect fit for the system and I don't find it enjoyable to play them on my 58" TV instead. Same reason I haven't played Persona 5 yet, I'm waiting for a Vita release which in reality will never come out but I just cant see myself hanging around a school and reading books/watching tv on my PS4 because for me its a perfect game to play in bed stretched out. At least for me, this is a blow.

Not a big surprise. I wonder if someone like Limited Run will pick it up for a print. I know that these kinds of dating/adventure games do really well on the Vita. Like... there are a ton of 'em in Japan, an absurd number.

You could hold out hope for an Asia-region copy, which almost always includes English menus if not English cutscenes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's so dumb. I love my Vita. Deception made its way to Vita (no problem), but now Sony cuts support and everyone follows ship. Its a console on the go. There's been classic games on that platform for years, including MGS and Final Fantasy X HD. It makes no sense unless of course it ran like crap. Still, it would have been nice to have had on Vita in the west. I'm glad that Vita games are getting English support. Play-Asia has been trying harder (it seems) pointing that out too. I've owned two copies of this game on PS3, physical and digital. Its a shame.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Limited Run Games do physical prints of digital only games. This is just straight up getting snubbed. I was gonna buy It if it got a Vita release in the West but no Vita release no sale.

With Sony discontinuing Vita cart production, the lack of a physical release is understandable, but unless there's some other hurdle (outside of potential sales) I'm not taking into consideration, it just seems like Sega/Atlus are being cheap, by not at least offering the game digitally on Vita in the West.

Although to be fair, we still don't have a Western release date, so I suppose it's possible Sega/Atlus knows something about Sony's future support & certification of Vita products for PSN.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Not surprising. Vita is dead. Probably clinging onto life somewhere in Japan.

Most people in the west would buy it on a PS4 anyway so why waste time + money releasing the Vita version for like 0.0000000001% of the market? They'd be better off releasing it on Switch.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That was given. 3DS still alive here but we still end up not getting DQXI 3DS version.

Also Catherine Full Body JP demo is out.

Top Bottom