• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cavaliers have traded Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Žiži, & pick

Cavs still needs to work on their roster. Got 17 players under contract and they would need make a spot open if DWade does get his buyout and decides to join the Cavs too.

Ots0bfj.png

Who ya'll think they'll waive or trade? Man, Shumpert has to be gone at least, right?

Felder's probably out at some point, and then it's a matter of who's least worth the spot between Zizic, Jefferson's corpse and Osman (and probably two of them if buyout Wade is a thing)

I can see this team hanging on to Shumpert for some reason, though I'm not sure what that reason could possibly be

also, this team could win 60 if LeBron gives a shit for 82 games, but he's not gonna give a shit for 82 games so it's gonna be more like 52

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-reportedly-shot-kyrie-irving-klay-thompson-deal-151001763.html

The Cleveland Cavaliers traded four-time All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving to their chief rival in the Eastern Conference, and we’re learning now that they reportedly also offered him to the Golden State Warriors, so it appears new Cavs general manager Koby Altman really did exhaust all his options.

Altman called the Warriors about swapping Irving for All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson, according to The Undefeated’s Marc J. Spears.

Other reported offers around the league included: Eric Bledsoe, Dragan Bender and a top-seven protected first-round pick from the Phoenix Suns; Justise Winslow and Goran Dragic from the Miami Heat, although the Heat emphatically denied that deal was ever on the table; and a lackluster package centered around LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker and/or Danny Green from the San Antonio Spurs.

The New York Knicks reportedly rejected an Irving for Kristaps Porzingis swap.
The Minnesota Timberwolves made clear Andrew Wiggins was “not available to anybody in a trade,” which led former Cavs GM David Griffin to “scratch off one potential trade destination.” There are conflicting reports about whether the Milwaukee Bucks offered Malcolm Brogdon, Khris Middleton and a first-round pick. And the Los Angeles Clippers backed off when it became clear they didn’t have the assets.

Altman called the Warriors about swapping Irving for All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson, according to The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears.

LOL... I hope Golden State's front office were laughing as they hung up the phone.

Furyous

Cavs still needs to work on their roster. Got 17 players under contract and they would need make a spot open if DWade does get his buyout and decides to join the Cavs too.

Ots0bfj.png

Who ya'll think they'll waive or trade? Man, Shumpert has to be gone at least, right?

Drop Jose and Add TJ Williams, RJeff gotta go, and either Channing Frye or Edy Tavares gotta go.

Why do we have to add DWade again? Only reason we add him is spite towards the Heat and giving Bron another nudge to stay. This idea that we cater to Bron for a year only for him to leave, dumbass decision on his part by the way, is laughable.

NBAGAF, how would you feel in your team's star player repeatedly forced you into win now mode and complains in the media about the players he requested as teammates? Only solace is prime GM Bron is guaranteed to will your team to seven straight finals with the right help.

Falchion

Dear god, this upcoming season is going to be bananas because of all the speculation about what LeBron will do next summer.

Brinbe

They should have done that suns deal.
Bledsoe would have excelled in CLE compared to It. But I guess they got more with Crowder/Zizic/Brooklyn pick

They should have done that suns deal.
Bledsoe would have excelled in CLE compared to It. But I guess they got more with Crowder/Zizic/Brooklyn pick

if LeBron is really leaving the Brooklyn pick is the best thing they could possibly hope to get in a Kyrie trade. Bledsoe and some protected Suns pick wouldn't help them as much in a post-LeBron world.

Arc

NESN saw how much fun the Globe had running Tito out of town that they wanted to join in this time.

Drop Jose and Add TJ Williams, RJeff gotta go, and either Channing Frye or Edy Tavares gotta go.

Why do we have to add DWade again? Only reason we add him is spite towards the Heat and giving Bron another nudge to stay. This idea that we cater to Bron for a year only for him to leave, dumbass decision on his part by the way, is laughable.

NBAGAF, how would you feel in your team's star player repeatedly forced you into win now mode and complains in the media about the players he requested as teammates? Only solace is prime GM Bron is guaranteed to will your team to seven straight finals with the right help.
I'd let him take a dump at half court in MSG every home game if we got LeBron James.

jbug617

Banned
never change boston

It wasn't from Boston. It was from Broussard. He said it on TV yesterday.

“I will tell you this, I spoke to several executives, or texted with several executives (Tuesday night), and a lot of them were saying that a lot of the players in Boston really weren’t that fond of Isaiah,” Broussard said on FS1’s “Undisputed” while discussing the trade with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. “We know he had those problems in Sacramento and in Phoenix. I didn’t know he was having those issues — before (talking with) these executives — in Boston.”

Sanjuro

That's how they do this - leak sauces to reporter, who then reports it.

If I ever run a sports franchise and leak dirt to smear players and coaches after they leave, feel free to come to my aid like you do for bawston.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry.

The Globe didn't "leak" anything John Henry owns the paper they're always like that to the Sox lol. Doesn't mean it's not shitty but that's to be expected when your entire sports section is one long Puff piece.

Yet today's sports talk was spent shitting on Broussard, and the article on NESN buries him too. NESN doesn't give a shit about the Celtics, they are Bruins & Red Sox.
Not saying local media is trying to shit on him, most media guys were very thankful for all he did and accomplished, Grande and Maxwell had a whole thing IIRC.

But this is SOP for all local FO's to do. Bruins did it with Dougie Hamilton, Sox do it with everybody, Celtics now with IT
Globe doesn't care about the Celtics...
Ain't bout the Celtics you filthy mustard pleb

Sanjuro

Not saying local media is trying to shit on him, most media guys were very thankful for all he did and accomplished, Grande and Maxwell had a whole thing IIRC.

But this is SOP for all local FO's to do. Bruins did it with Dougie Hamilton, Sox do it with everybody, Celtics now with IT

Ain't bout the Celtics you filthy mustard pleb

I'm well aware of the smear jobs. It's primarily a Red Sox feature.

Unless we are talking about elderly people hating Ray Allen.

From Broussard after talking to Boston FO people.

Same thing.

Are we really going to believe Broussard and his multiple sources?

I mean it Chris Broussard. After the whole Cuban driving around to find DJs house thing, how can anyone believe him. His sources are questionable at best.

Top Bottom