• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt makes $33 million net profit in H1 2017, joins FTSE Emerging Markets index

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i was excited for gwent but just not for me. i might install it again when they add the campaign and play that but otherwise I'll just stick to Gwent that's in W3 which is about my skill level lol. i've never been good at card games.

so i guess 2077 is the next game from CDPR i'll be playing.

boskee

i was excited for gwent but just not for me. i might install it again when they add the campaign and play that but otherwise I'll just stick to Gwent that's in W3 which is about my skill level lol. i've never been good at card games.

so i guess 2077 is the next game from CDPR i'll be playing.

There will be at least 5 campaigns, each 15+ hours long

boskee

whoa. well that sounds great!

is it free or will it be paid?

Paid, and that's fair since each campaign will be created by the writers responsible for The Witcher 3 (Bloody Baron and Hearts of Stone expansion in particular). As it stands, the first campaign already contains more lines than the entire HoS.

Yes, CDPR is mad.

Because the goal of a company is to earn money for the shareholders in the form of dividend. Making games is just how CDP do that.

It was a one off. They told the shareholders yesterday that they're not planning any future dividend, but that it may happen down the road.

Minsc

Gold Member
There will be at least 5 campaigns, each 15+ hours long

When's the estimated release for them? Looking forward to it, last game like this on PC was 20 years ago, in 1997, Microprose's Magic the Gathering, I believe. And that's got nothing on the production values this looks to have.

boskee

When's the estimated release for them? Looking forward to it, last game like this on PC was 20 years ago, in 1997, Microprose's Magic the Gathering, I believe. And that's got nothing on the production values this looks to have.

"This year". My bet is on late October. Closed beta launched on the 25/10/2016 so it would make sense to get it live around that time, especially since they previously mentioned 6 month beta periods IIRC.

gypsygib

Witcher 3 and the DLC may be my favourite game of all time, so very happy for their success. Never experienced a game that immersed me in it's world and characters more. Perfect example of how to use the video game medium to make an entirely unique form of story-telling that is in many ways superior to movies and TV.

It's hard to describe what CD Projekt does differently than other story-based games, but Witcher 2 and 3 felt like I was thrown into the world of a book instead of just playing a movie. It's hard to explain the difference but it resulted in a much larger level of depth and immersion.

Toni

A 550 man team can only mean good things for the development of Cyberpunk.

Really expecting a positive turn around with their execution on gameplay design after TW3.

frontovik

Banned
That's great. It's always refreshing to see their ethical policies pay off through their financial success; though it's always a pipe dream for other publishers to follow suit.

Is it still possible for CDPR to go private like Valve in the future though? I remember that scare a few months ago when there were rumours of a hostile takeover. The CEO was adamant about ensuring creative freedom in the Witcher 10th Anniversary panel, so I'd imagine it's on the table.

MrFortyFive

CDPR is going to be a monster in 10-15 Years if they keep this pace.

Might even become a publisher.

I wouldn't be surprised on this considering with GOG and other related services. When they have all the right cards in place and recurring strong IPs and software after a few years with the right staff in each part then that will be the natural course of action.

CDPR is the studio. CD Projekt is the company that owns both CDP Red + GOG. so wouldn't CDP be the publisher?

Yeah yeah hahahaha I'm just used to spell CDPR.

The thing is, they're independent. Most of the things we find scummy on the industry are the publisher's fault. CDPR is almost technically indie.

GOG has actually already published (or I guess republished) a handful of classic games that have nothing to do with CD Projekt or CDPR, so you could say they've already ventured into that territory.

boskee

Today CD Projekt has crossed the psychological barrier of 100PLN per share. They are now valued at over $2.7 billion, gaining $0.5 billion in value since Thursday.

lUy7Bxp.png

Ultimadrago

Paid, and that's fair since each campaign will be created by the writers responsible for The Witcher 3 (Bloody Baron and Hearts of Stone expansion in particular). As it stands, the first campaign already contains more lines than the entire HoS.

Yes, CDPR is mad.

Hot damn. I will likely return to Gwent just for these campaigns.

Top Bottom