• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt: Worth $1 billion, 100 devs on Gwent, GOG Galaxy as uPlay?, more

Ugh. Before reading this post, I was thinking that Cyberpunk 2077 is more than likely going to be even closer to the GTA/Ubisoft formula than TW3 was. I hope that it won't be, but considering how TW3 already shifted towards that direction, and how well those games sell, I won't be surprised if it is.

This, is what came to mind:

t3_324f15

More like this:

qW6MZQX.jpg

I love CDPR but I have to laugh at the thought of Gwent becoming an esport. Even if they make some massive (and much needed) changes to the game as it was presented in W3.
Cyberpunk tho... That game can't come soon enough... Actually, take your time CDPR, i need to upgrade my PC anyway.

Ugh. Before reading this post, I was thinking that Cyberpunk 2077 is more than likely going to be even closer to the GTA/Ubisoft formula than TW3 was. I hope that it won't be, but considering how TW3 already shifted towards that direction, and how well those games sell, I won't be surprised if it is.

This, is what came to mind:

t3_324f15
Well, yeah, but probably not the way you're thinking. A cyberpunk game is begging for a dense city environment to explore. But as for gameplay wise, they've made it sound more akin to an immersive sim in that you have choice to play and progress how you want, in that you choose your appearance, classs, implants, and decide your own approach through conversation and weapons and gear. Cop, businessman, dealer, media person, hacker, assassin, etc. are all possible classes and playstyles

Venom Fox

Banned
Well, yeah, but probably not the way you're thinking. A cyberpunk game is begging for a dense city environment to explore. But as for gameplay wise, they've made it sound more akin to an immersive sim in that you have choice to play and progress how you want, in that you choose your appearance, classs, implants, and decide your own approach through conversation and weapons and gear. Cop, businessman, dealer, media person, hacker, assassin, etc. are all possible classes and playstyles
I hope it's really as badass (no pun intended) as you make out. Vehicles and Air Vehicles means there's going to be a massive city right? I'm hoping there's some blade runner references/easter eggs as well.

Do you reckon it'll play like TW3 in terms of quests or do you expect more branching story lines?

I hope it's really as badass (no pun intended) as you make out. Vehicles and Air Vehicles means there's going to be a massive city right? I'm hoping there's some blade runner references/easter eggs as well.

Do you reckon it'll play like TW3 in terms of quests or do you expect more branching story lines?
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196914&page=1
It breaks down everything known about the game
"Players should be able to choose how deep they want to enter the story or the plot," said CD Projekt's head of marketing, Michal Platkow-Gilewski. "If they're really hardcore, they can really dig deeper and deeper and deeper, and if they're just casual, they can still learn about the characters and the story, but they'll do that by going in another direction."

While CD Projekt isn't talking about specifics for Cyberpunk just yet, Badowski said the team plans to add this depth by creating plenty of optional content for players, spanning everything from "new quests, characters, areas," and more.

By reorganizing the game's optional story elements and creating a more focused main plot, the team hopes that Cyberpunk will be able to attract and hold the attention of a much wider audience, while still upholding the studio's dedication to rich, well-realized stories and worlds.

They are redoing whole game while maintaining core ideas that made it huge in TW3. From card art to gameplay balance.

Gwent has been re-done for the stand alone, even the weather cards can be used for synergy so it's not as shallow as before.

The W3 version of Gwent is the only card game I've ever enjoyed so far.

Glad to hear this! Have they shown any footage or previews for the new Gwent?

Speely

Banned

Sweet nothings to my ear. As a kid who grew up playing Cyberpunk 2020, I am really hoping CDPR nails the feel as well. I like what they have said about being more "rock n roll" rather than just dreary dystopia.

Fuz

Banned
I'm a huge fan of CDPR and I'm very happy for them.
But this is bad:
- GOG Galaxy is working for CDPR [...]

- Galaxy will be used for online features in CDPR games going forward. Gwent will be powered by Galaxy (which has built in cross-play support).

Tovarisc

when will GOG Galaxy move out of beta??...it seems like it's been in beta for years...

It was released ~week before TW3 came out so it has been in beta little over year now.

I'm a huge fan of CDPR and I'm very happy for them.
But this is bad:

Why it's bad?

Im LTTP with Witcher 3 and just got started. I can clearly see the spit and polish of this game completely surpassing most other AAA games. Im still kind of stuck on the combat though. The parry doesnt work as intuitively as I expected, especially coming from say Shados of Mordor. Any tips?

Get in habit of using dodge step and roll, especially step.

n0razi

Im LTTP with Witcher 3 and just got started. I can clearly see the spit and polish of this game completely surpassing most other AAA games. Im still kind of stuck on the combat though. The parry doesnt work as intuitively as I expected, especially coming from say Shados of Mordor. Any tips?

How long til people turn on CDPR like they did Valve? The comments in this thread remind me of all the comments I'd read about Valve years ago.

gbland

I paid for the base game, digital season pass, and limited edition of both expansions. I have not been disappointed so far, and can't wait for more content from CDPR including Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's just a pretty tight window, gotta time it just right

Edit: as far as I can tell CDPR is on the road to become the next blizzard or valve when it comes to games if they keep the things up as they have

And thus the GOG steam wars have begun. Seriously, I would like a valuation on Valve if CDPR can make this much money from a single game and a presumably smaller GoG marketplace.

Euphor!a

Banned
I hopw they don't force Galaxy into their Steam releases. Keep it optional.

Props to CDProjektRed, they seem to be pretty comfortable these days.

With how they are talking about Galaxy I wouldn't be surprised if that forego steam altogether as shitty as it would be.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They made an incredible game and gave it some of the most impressive after care I have ever seen and turned it into one of the best games ever made, they deserve every bit of respect and success they have.

Good for them. I wasn't a fan of the Witcher 3 but it's undeniable that they treat their fans right. That in itself is enough to make me happy that they're the success that they are.

Valve just made 55 million in the 3 months leading up to the International. I think they're pretty happy with what they already know.

Yeah, from a financial perspective, for sure. But at least CD Projekt finishes what they start (Half-Life) and is one of the strongest proponents of DRM-free gaming.

Top Bottom