• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR is likely to announce new game at E3, may be Witcher related

boskee

Jan 4, 2013
London, UK
www.boskee.co.uk
There are whispers and speculation but I can tell you Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely not be at E3 this year. That comes from the horse's mouth: CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski himself.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."

I believe what CD Projekt Red will announce at E3 will be the game - or thing - it mentioned in a recent annual report. Under plans for 2016, CDPR mentioned, "A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a game and doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year. But it could be both.

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-25-cyberpunk-2077-e3-cd-projekt

Maximo

Jun 23, 2014
Maybe a fully fleshed Gwent game otherwise doubt we will see anything from them for a very long time.

H3xum

Jan 26, 2011
I thought they just said the other day don't expect to see the Witcher for 5+ years or something to that effect

DKHF

Dec 5, 2014
I loved Gwent (though not enough to get the trophy for getting every single type of card) so I might actually be interested in a mobile game of it.

Kinyou

Sep 12, 2009
Maybe a fully fleshed Gwent game otherwise doubt we will see anything from them for a very long time.
Yeah, they have also made pretty clear that they're done with the Witcher for now, I don't expect anything big

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Nov 1, 2014
Would go nuts if it's surprise addon tying up the ends on Saskia and Iorveth.
*dreams*
But yeah probably gwent.

OrbitalBeard

Jun 2, 2013
If it's a Gwent game, I hope it's not exclusive to mobile. I'd gladly play a full-fledged card game on a console.

Hypron

May 9, 2012
They always under-deliver on game announcements so yeah, I'm gonna go for something mobile.

Auctopus

Apr 6, 2014
You can't just decide to turn up to E3 a few weeks before, booths are booked months ahead of time. They'll be there, even if they're just showing off B&W.

CHC

Aug 24, 2012
Yeah put me down for a bet on "Gwent." As much as I love the Witcher III I really don't care that much for Gwent or a standalone, but I just don't see them pulling some big AAA release out of their hats come E3.

OrbitalBeard

Jun 2, 2013
They implied they wanted their Uniy games to be on at least mobile and PC, but after how The Witcher 3 sold, I imagine they'd consider consoles as well.
Nice.

I mean, I'd be ok with a mobile version of Gwent if that's my only option, so I won't be too sad if console versions aren't in the....cards.