• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR is likely to announce new game at E3, may be Witcher related

Nameless

Honestly I'd love a non-Witcher game set in that world centered around the political clusterfuck between the Northern Kingdoms and/or Nilfguard.

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, if Bethesda brought their Elder Scrolls card game to E3....

A lot of people liked Gwent.

That's why I said supplementary. Bethesda announced it along with a bunch of other stuff because you don't see this type of stuff announced specifically at E3. They would be setting themselves up for groans unless they're not involved in any conferences and they're simply showing it off on the E3 floor.

LewieP

Oh, I was also kind of surprised they never did The Witcher 2 PS4/Xbox One, dunno if that would count as a "new" game though.

A remake of the witcher 1
Goty version of the witcher 3 with a bunch of extra shit like all the other goty versions of their games

Most likely a gwent game.

Wagram

I hope the Gwent game they inevitably make isn't only for mobile. Would be nice if it came to PC/PS4/Xbox One or so as well.

I'll play the shit out of it too because you know CDPR will not design it with the sole intention of fucking you over.

Cyberpunk 2077 is their next flagship game. They may release an expansion or some smaller game before then, but Cyber will be their next main game.

boskee

In my mind they are going to either release Witcher related title to stimulate sales of the game while they are working on the Cyberpunk OR they are going to build the hype for C2077 by publishing some supporting minigame. I think it's pretty safe to say that it will be the former but it won't be "Gwentstone" as many here are predicting. They made it clear that they aren't working on a stand alone Gwent and one of their execs has also clarified that their next game is not going to use VR. By saying that what they are working on is new for them they have pretty much discarded mobile games so I'm thinking maybe a story heavy episodic game similar (or even made by) the Telltale games

How about a Witcher grand strategy game?

the screen goes black, then
mUnsUFi.gif

Riposte

I hope it's not a gwent app. I sorta liked it in witcher. But the game is way too simple for playing against other people.

Then again, I felt the same about hearthstone and people love that, so maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly, I didn't think Gwent's expiration date was longer than the game's length. It was a really cool mini-game, it fits that role perfectly, but its adoration seems like a bit of a meme to me; I think people make it out to be more than what it is.

Were people really entertained once they acquired enough cards (especially Hero cards) to steamroll every character in the game? It was only really challenging when you ran against an opponent who's deck was way beyond your expected deck strength (e.g., Blacksmith girl who could onslaught you with summonable monsters or doing the tournament early), but that was because the game hadn't given you the opportunities yet to get enough quality cards to even the odds. If you were losing outside those moments (or really early on), it's because you got a totally shit hand (and didn't have the cards to fix it).

They will probably have to revamp it entirely, since it's basically collect-cards-to-win (or pay-to-win, if they include micro-transactions). Also one of the factions is complete ass (non-humans) and another (monster) doesn't keep up with the remaining two; in a PvP situation you'd be an idiot not to play one of the two human factions (and the whole game seems to revolve around spies (to a very repetitive extent) once you get access to a bunch of them). I thought it ran out of juice as a PvE game, as a PvP game it would be need to be completely different to compare to Magic or even Hearthstone.

It reminds me of people were excited about a mod that replaces all combat with Gwent. Sounds like that would be insanely slow and repetitive and run the game into the ground even faster. Again, makes me think the exaggerated positive response is a meme.

LewieP

Witcher 2 is already on Xbone, though.

But it's never been on Playstation, and if they were going to the effort of developing a native PS4 version (with plenty of improvements compared to the Xbox 360 version) they might as well release it on Xbox One, too.

Is there a site which explains gwent for numskulls....i for the life of me cant figure it out and end up with my pants arlund my ankles an an empty coin bag

poodaddy

How about Cyberpunk Witcher 2077?!

My wallet can't handle how much money I'm willing to hand to that concept.

If it's Gwent mobile then I'm all over it. The wife and I would probably get thoroughly addicted, and she would just have to learn how to handle all of that Gwent salt that I'd be pouring on her as I tear through her ranks......

She'd beat me constantly

Mediking

I freaking love CDPR thanks to Witcher 3. I won't care if it's a Gwent mobile game. Maybe they cooked up something else.

Stiler

Calling it now.

A stand alone Gwent game to compete vs Hearthstone, lots of new cards and more balance to it.

I'd play it....

Top Bottom