• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrities Taking Responsibility for Racism

Greedings

Cool, I hope they give away all their money to charities to support black people. That’d show their commitment and responsibility.

JasonVA

why dont they talk about modern slavery, or poverty and homelesness? disease in the 3rd world? is racism really the top agenda in modern western countries?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That attention whoring, holy shit. They hijack everything to be seen.

why dont they talk about modern slavery, or poverty and homelesness? disease in the 3rd world? is racism really the top agenda in modern western countries?

It's the most comfortable thing, all you have to do is say it on camera and bam, you are hero.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I can't even watch it. I cringed out at the thumbnail already. What the fuck is this? I take responsibility?

OMG, I watched it. Cringe levels over 9000. White celebrities pleading from a script in heartfelt videos is surely gonna make racism go away. It's so insincere and fake I wanna puke.
The scripting was another irony to me of how dumb Hollywood really is. Aren't these jerks paid millions to memorize scripting...sigh...most seemed to be staring off into space as the had to glance to read the words on another screen.

Gamerguy84

That attention whoring, holy shit. They hijack everything to be seen.

Gotta stay relevant and be seen. Also when did this whole thing devolve into racism.

It started out as white cops and how they treat minorities. The guy who did this is in jail and rightfully so.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Gotta stay relevant and be seen. Also when did this whole thing devolve into racism.

It started out as white cops and how they treat minorities. The guy who did this is in jail and rightfully so.
I know why it was, but the weird thing is that they take zero responsibility, this video means nothing.

Mr Hyde

Seriously, look at Aaron Paul. It's like he's literally doing Jesse Pinkman there for a while, especially the last clip of him. Maybe he was tricked thinking this was an audition for a sequel to Breaking Bad. This whole video is just actors acting emotions. Nothing is real. How are we supposed to take them seriously after this?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
How are we supposed to take them seriously after this?

I've never really understood why we have ever given their opinions any more weight than those of anyone else. Hollywood is an incestuous cadre of narcissists who on average are probably no more educated than most of the people in your life, who spent the better part of their lives working to attain personal fame and fortune. They simply own and control the loudest mics and the media constantly discuss their messaging because trickle down media whores gonna trickle down media whore.

Teslerum

I've never really understood why we have ever given their opinions any more weight than those of anyone else. Hollywood is an incestuous cadre of narcissists who on average are probably no more educated than most of the people in your life, who spent the better part of their lives working to attain personal fame and fortune. They simply own and control the loudest mics and the media constantly discuss their messaging because trickle down media whores gonna trickle down media whore.

Because we see them play half-reasonable people in movies and are assuming they're at least a bit informed/knowledgeable.

Nymphae

Banned
Not enough. They need to donate their mansions and paychecks to POC otherwise this is meaningless.

Don't have to get crazy, but one does start to wonder what all these rich woke preachers are doing with all of their money....surely there can be some sort of a tithe set up for these people who just can't stop talkign about this issue - 10 percent of your income straight into black families pockets. Show us how much you care.

Jessy digging deep into that Breaking Bad character :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: Fuck this is so bad I actually lost respect for him for this. I get it you are reading a pre written sentence probably by someone else but almost bursting in tears over this shit, fake fake fake fake fake go fuck yourself.

MoFuzz

I was wondering what Jesse Pinkman was doing in Season 3 of Westworld, as he repeatedly debased himself in front of such diverse and strong female characters.

Now it all makes sense.

IQIqFrK.gif

Amory

Do black people even want this? I'm seriously asking. Is this worth something to you?

I think the large majority of the country is 100% on board and supportive of the objective facts that black lives matter, and that the police in the USA have gradually become a hulking, expensive, corrupt paramilitary force that they were never intended to be and we as citizens need to stand together to fix the problem. Every single person knows a dick in high school who became a local cop.

But this kind of pandering and self flaggelation is really sickening to me. It's so...well pathetic, obviously, but it's so selfish. The way I see it non-racists portraying themselves as unwilling supporters of racism just needlessly inflates the actual problem to an unsolvable degree.

Tenaciousmo

"Confluential Films and the NAACP have partnered to launch the impact-oriented campaign, I Take Responsibility, where influential voices from the white community take responsibility for turning the racist tide in America. #itakeresponsibility itakeresponsibility.org "

Thank goodness for Hollywood. I think we stopped racism with this.

whats up with that girl's eyes at 00:26

Texas Pride

Banned
People who are paid to portray other people are telling us how to act. Oh the irony. And off topic but I don't find Bell attractive at all. She's like a female version of the Colmes guy off Hannity & Colmes.

Jooxed

Gold Member

A purple person looks beyond red and blue, ‘The Good Place’ and ‘Frozen’ star says, and ‘just wants to be a little bit better tomorrow than they were today.’

Instead of focusing on the political divide between red and blue, Kristen Bell wants people to start seeing purple.

So she and close friend Benjamin Hart have written a new children’s book, “The World Needs More Purple People,” in which a girl named Penny Purple tries to learn what a purple person is — and how she can become one.

It’s no accident that red and blue, the colors used to represent the U.S.’s two major political parties, make purple.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

A purple person looks beyond red and blue, ‘The Good Place’ and ‘Frozen’ star says, and ‘just wants to be a little bit better tomorrow than they were today.’

Instead of focusing on the political divide between red and blue, Kristen Bell wants people to start seeing purple.

So she and close friend Benjamin Hart have written a new children’s book, “The World Needs More Purple People,” in which a girl named Penny Purple tries to learn what a purple person is — and how she can become one.

It’s no accident that red and blue, the colors used to represent the U.S.’s two major political parties, make purple.

Kids don’t care about political divides you dumb sheltered bitch.

Top Bottom