• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2012 |OT| - Tablets and TVs and Tech...Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

I want a 55 inch, OLED, 4K res, glassless 3DTV, with Android ICS built in. And to control it from my android phone/tablet. Too much to ask?

I am also looking forward to seeing some new android tablets and the new superphones.

Excitement ++++

Nah, it's not that much.

Price will be like $10,000 though.

Raistlin

I'll be at the show this year. Hoping to get my hands on the ePawn Arena to see what kind of potential is really has as a virtual platform for board games.

It's funny they call this 'a new gaming experience' ... given it's pretty damn similar to The Eye of Judgement I played over 4 years ago.

Looks damn cool though. Playing something like this on MS Surface would be GOD LIKE.

Raistlin

loop is just the code name, I predict the final product will be called Infinity. To fit in with Windows 8 and WP8 all they have to do is turn the 8 sideways and there you go.

not bad ... I like it

Initially my problem with it was, where do you go from there? What would a nextbox be after that? But the more I think about it, the more I think some sort of set-top box or tablet solution will make such naming conventions unnecessary. We probably won't have a next generation in the traditional sense.

LG already announced they will announce their 55" OLED, which means Samsung is certain to announce one too because they won't allow their rival to beat them, which means Sony will as well because they won't allow their rival to beat them.

SHIT GONNA BE REAL

twit, TNT tested.com logos HAVE TO BE IN THE OP.

twit-logo.jpg
tnt600_1.jpg
tested_logo.jpg

Can't wait for their coverage.

Raistlin

LG already announced they will announce their 55" OLED, which means Samsung is certain to announce one too because they won't allow their rival to beat them, which means Sony will as well because they won't allow their rival to beat them.

SHIT GONNA BE REAL

Samsung can't really compete on price unless they've been hiding a new design ... and I'm not really sure if Sony is in a position to offer a large size OLED.

Radec

XBOX Loop is the worst codename that fans keep saying.

Infinite is not bad, but MS will choose a more dumber name.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey OP, can this be added into the mix for people who may want to watch or DVR

OK there are gonna be showing CES on different channels live/taped

Spike TV:

Tuesday, January 10th:

"CES All Access Live" - 4, 1 hour blocks

Starts @ 1PM E/10AM P; Ends @ 5PM/2PM P

G4TV:

Tuesday, January 10th:

"Attack of the Show (CES, Day 1)" - 1, 1 hour block

Starts @ 7PM E; Ends @ 8PM E
[Sorry no clue on PST, most likely tape delay and you get it @7PM PST]

Wednesday, January 11th:

"Attack of the Show (CES, Day 2)" - 1, 1 hour block

Starts @ 7PM E; Ends @ 8PM E
[Sorry no clue on PST, most likely tape delay and you get it @7PM PST]

Wish:

I so so want a 60" OLED TV =S, give me the goods Samsung or any competitor that I take a like to =D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
after seeing E3 degrade so much over the years this is probably my new tradeshow of the year

though e3 should be good this year too

wwm0nkey

after seeing E3 degrade so much over the years this is probably my new tradeshow of the year

though e3 should be good this year too

Considering the new price for tickets to E3 ($715 on a discount at $1000 after may) it better be a damn good show. Sadly I will be missing out on it this year due to the price.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Updated the OP with the TV showings, thanks for that.

I don't have Tested or TWiT up in the OP because they don't have dedicated CES pages that I can find just yet. The above link directly to each respective sites CES page for easy access.

Won't have a problem throwing them a link of course, just prefering to have CES specific pages up there for easier consumption.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really looking forward to seeing TVs this year. LG is going to have their OLED and Panasonic is using a completely new driving system for it's plasmas. Should be a good year for PQ jumps.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XBOX Loop is the worst codename that fans keep saying.

Infinite is not bad, but MS will choose a more dumber name.
Codenames are codenames. Their names don't mean shit.

Plus Loop and Infinity are two divisions of the same larger project aren't they not? One hardware, one software.

1-D_FTW

Hoping for the 2nd gen Sony headmount, can't wait!

Yes. Would love to see a 1080P prototype using HDMI 1.4b (1080P 3D @60fps). If this doesn't show, and nothing blows me away, I'm 99 percent sure I'll place an HMZ-T1 order before they ship again on the 17th.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh man, I'm excited for more information on LG's OLED display.

Might be my first display upgrade in four years.

I love the time around CES. Can't wait for the daily video podcast from the Verge. It was pretty cool last time, especially on the last day, when the blackout happened.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
I'm going to be shooting hands-on reviews for a website, anything you guys would like me to specifically focus on?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm going to be shooting hands-on reviews for a website, anything you guys would like me to specifically focus on?

Keep an eye out for tablets with pen pressure styluses please! Would be a treat if you could take a look at some of the windows 8 ones if there are any!

Chris R

I can't wait to see what the FUTURE tech has to hold. Sure seeing stuff that will be out this year is neat, but the best part of the show is when stuff that won't be out until NEXT year is shown off.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't wait to see what the FUTURE tech has to hold. Sure seeing stuff that will be out this year is neat, but the best part of the show is when stuff that won't be out until NEXT year is shown off.

Technology, fuck yea!

I wish I could have gone to E3 before they stopped letting scrubs from Gamestop in. I only worked there for a couple weeks and I would have liked to have had something to show for it. :( :(

sans_pants

avec_pénis
whoa i know what i wanna see

Robotics TechZone (LVCC South Hall ground level #21964, 21968, 22064, 22066 and 22068)
1-3 p.m. Wednesday, January 11
Pop sensation Justin Bieber will unveil TOSY Robotics JSC's latest product, mRobo, at their booth in the Robotics TechZone (#21964, 21968, 22064, 22066 and 22068, South Hall) from 1-3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 11. Bieber, now 17, began his music career at the age of 12, and continues to be hugely successful with a large and loyal fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom