• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Zhengi

I went ahead and got LB3 Trystan and earning rings to get one more for MLB. I decided to drop the rings for him cause I was losing interest in the game, but getting him has renewed that interest and I'm working hard to get about 60 more rings to get one more card. I will try to earn more rings to get Frau, but doubt I will MLB her.

Kettch

I only started with 80 rings this month, but I think I can probably get enough to max Trystan by the end. It's about 1.5 rings a day from honor pulls, then 2.4 from dailies. Add in login bonus and any events and it should be enough. And if I can do that in 2 months then Frau shouldn't be a problem either.

By the way, about the good reward in gauntlet. Prysma is the best choice obviously. After that I've been going with Stamina Fruit > Revival Fruit > Ring/Enhancer Ring. Is that the way to go? I don't really need revival fruits at the moment, but since the only way to get them is to spend 5 rings, it seems like the better choice. I assume I'll have a use for them eventually.

desverger

I only started with 80 rings this month, but I think I can probably get enough to max Trystan by the end. It's about 1.5 rings a day from honor pulls, then 2.4 from dailies. Add in login bonus and any events and it should be enough. And if I can do that in 2 months then Frau shouldn't be a problem either.

By the way, about the good reward in gauntlet. Prysma is the best choice obviously. After that I've been going with Stamina Fruit > Revival Fruit > Ring/Enhancer Ring. Is that the way to go? I don't really need revival fruits at the moment, but since the only way to get them is to spend 5 rings, it seems like the better choice. I assume I'll have a use for them eventually.

Yes, getting lots of rings is possible if you don't mind skipping the story and grinding out the dailies/gauntlet and don't have anyone to level. Personally I've always used the 3* enhancer instead of selling it, since I've had arcana to level.

Just a word of warning, if you skip out the story your own rank will be relatively low and might have issues constituting a decent party later on. You'll need at least rank 52 to have three 5* Arcana and the rest 3*, if I remember correctly.

And lastly, what's a good reward for you in the gauntlet is ultimately up to you. Prysma is the go-to option, I think everyone agrees on that, but I tend to value revival fruits more than stamina fruits because I intend to try and push myself through Phoena's quest at some point.

Vylash

LL4QuTqh.jpg

awww yeah, event card get

Yaari

For me it's currently Prysma > Stamina Fruit > Ring > 3* > Revival fruit.

I guess when the Selene event is over, I'll have Ring as the 2nd priority.

Avalt

Reading thru this post and a couple more in that thread, I decided that I will just stick to the basic (free) rewards for the Selene event :p I think we might be underestimating how many whales this game has....

I may end up spending a couple extra stamina fruit to get a second copy of her thou. (I need rings...)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So you can multi limit break just by adding multiple of the same character in one go like in the screenshot just posted? Wasn't sure if I had to do it one by one.

Edit: ok, have MLB Trystan at level 18, and I have 223 rings spare for whatever comes next that is worth grabbing

Yaari

Reading thru this post and a couple more in that thread, I decided that I will just stick to the basic (free) rewards for the Selene event :p I think we might be underestimating how many whales this game has....

I may end up spending a couple extra stamina fruit to get a second copy of her thou. (I need rings...)

Yeah, that's pretty convincing. I have no interest in adding additional funds to my account, and it sounds like that is exactly what is required for me to get her.

Screw it then. I'll save the time, and the Prisma. The point of these games is to constantly crap out better units than the ones you already have, in order to keep you interested.

After all with 80 Lindsey, 80 Coro and 80 Trystan, I'll have a pretty solid base. I'll save the Prisma for Lilith as I originally intended.

I decided that I will just stick to the basic (free) rewards for the Selene event :p I think we might be underestimating how many whales this game has....

While i do think that's it's probably higher then we expect i do think that those who have saved up all their prysma will be the real winners of this event. Assuming they have ~1000 prysma lying around they would have an $50 advantage on the whales

I did some more research on the other upcoming event characters. http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/analysis-boss-arcana-ratings.988/:

Selene(Rating: 5/10, 7/10 if max LB)

Aside from her incredible attack stat if you manage to max LB her (not an easy feat to do in JP since the last 3 drops for her are obtainable only by players' rankings), and perhaps her ability to supplement 1 red mana at the start of the game, she is actually a really mediocre warrior. If you do get her to max LB though, she functions as a good finisher. A note is that her skill does magical damage instead of physical.

Moinette(Rating: 7/10)

Easy to max LB is the main draw for this character, since SEGA modified the mechanics for Ranking Raids. Solid damage and a decent quick-striking skill. A character which many F2P players swear by, since getting her to max LB is an easy task. Save your stamina fruits and super stamina fruits for her.

Tsuru (Rating: 8.5/10, 20/10 for the art)

The most popular female character in the game in Japan right now. Her first ability, which boosts her attack by 12.5% per mana orb you have, is the cause of her inherently low attack (4800 at max LB, but otherwise she'd be broken). Seldom used in the main party, she's an excellent sub-party warrior for the warrior teams since she can still function as an okay warrior if need be once someone dies. Her 2nd ability is the main draw though. If at the sub-party, she boost the attack of all characters by 13% and increases their movement speed. A worthy contender to Juliana when clearance speed is of concern, and pairs up very nicely with MC's kizuna ability. However, do note that her 2nd ability can only be unlocked at lvl70.

Plenty of better soldiers. I wouldn't go all out on this event.

desverger

While i do think that's it's probably higher then we expect i do think that those who have saved up all their prysma will be the real winners of this event. Assuming they have ~1000 prysma lying around they would have an $50 advantage on the whales

I did some more research on the other upcoming event characters. http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/analysis-boss-arcana-ratings.988/:

Plenty of better soldiers. I wouldn't go all out on this event.

Good stuff, Tsuru sounds awesome. I've also decided beforehand I'm not gonna go crazy during the Selene event either. If you're F2P or just not deciding to spend money during the event, set your expecations beforehand.

Azusa

I'll wait for Tsuru event. Because art.
After Coro problems I decided to stop giving money to gumi. No Selene for me.

Wonder if Tsuru is better sub than either Phoena or Juliana.

I'd say shes definitely better than Phoena because Tsuru is actually useful when she's in the field.
Juliana is about as good as Tsuru (better if you're running knights) but Tsuru is a soldier which has better synergy with most F2P teams. I'd use both of them so you don't really have to choose

If Tsuru's first ability scales with weapon ATK she'd be pretty insane even as a frontline warrior. She'd have (4800+1800)X2 Attack with a Grief Sword and full mana, even higher when she uses her 1-mana skill.

Quixzlizx

This post is depressing me, since I really wanted to aim for LB3 Selene. Maybe I'll just whatever and go Trystan. I love Toka's per heal wave, but I guess LB0 Yoshitsugu/LB2 Coro/MLB Trystan/LB0 Arietta is the best party I'll be able to put together for awhile.

Probably some super rare event prize card.

I also saw when looking for the source of the image, there are 4 star and 5 star versions of this card too.

Gizuko

Why would they make a completely broken, I-can-even-LB-previous-event-characters card a 3*?

It seems fake, but then again, I really hope it isn't.

Edit: maybe whatever they can LB is limited by their Star rating? That would make a bit of sense.

Gizuko

Meanwhile, in jpCC

Now I have DC to spare, so the rings keep coming.

Man, do I want to MLB (or at least, LB2 at this point) Shauna. I even bought ~50 stones (500 prysma), and instead got a different 5* (Shapo). And Shauna is on pick-up, not Shapo!

Vecks

Meanwhile, in jpCC

Man, do I want to MLB (or at least, LB2 at this point) Shauna. I even bought ~50 stones (500 prysma), and instead got a different 5* (Shapo). And Shauna is on pick-up, not Shapo!

Grats. I'm still stuck at LB3, at 118. But I'm not too worried yet about maxing out. The 3 soul option in JP is great. I didn't think I'd be able to get past 100, but even at 118, it's pretty much a cake walk.

Vylash

Meanwhile, in jpCC

lol, I'm still working towards 80,sadly haven't gotten any extras from chests yet

Meanwhile, in jpCC

jelly

Only cleared rank 70 so far. No extra copies from DCs or drops, so boo

But then again, using 3 souls is really helpful in letting me clear ranks I wouldn't normally be able to!

Gizuko

I'm getting extra lucky with DC coins to be honest, and the 400 pulls = Sure Demon system is really a blessing, I don't think I'd have LBen her otherwise.

Currently making my way to the grief sword, and having a lot of Shauna friends really makes a difference. Still, Luccana and Rebecca are far more useful than I thought they'd be. Dat freeze.

Thank you guys!

Aki-at

No rankings available yet but this seems fun! Finally some harder content! If you've got one of the rescue party characters you'll get higher attack on the battlefield according to Gumi's instructions.

EDIT: Just checked the times for Great Fever Time if you're a UK resident.

"Oh the first one is at 7pm, that isn't so ba- wait the next one is at 5am? FFFFFFFFF"

Gizuko

blew almost all of my fortune rings on premium tickets and didn't get much, so i angrily spent my last 5 in the SSR pool and actually got the SSR

Congratulations!

I still haven't got her u.u I might give up, though, still need to get 4 copies of Kasuga.

Avalt

So where oh where is this black fortress? The only thing in dawning for me is the two normal mage dailies.

It's a secret area for select members only!

Go to home screen and scroll down the info boxes on the left... the very last one is "Take Back the Black Fortress". No idea why Gumi decided to hide it at the very bottom....

garath

You have to scroll down on the l/h side of the screen when on the home screen. It's down the bottom under all the event tabs.

It's a secret area for select members only!

Go to home screen and scroll down the info boxes on the left... the very last one is "Take Back the Black Fortress". No idea why Gumi decided to hide it at the very bottom....

LOL. Are you kidding me? That's about as obtuse as it gets. Thanks guys. Would have never found it.

garath

Ok. Got through the first two urgent quests. Level 1 one and level 50 one. Have 3k points. Now there's the prysma one. I guess I'll wait out the stamina for that. Don't see a point in spending a fruit. I'll definitely get the additional 30ap before it goes away.

elty

I am afraid I will waste 22ap as lv50 is a hit and miss.

Edit: where is the lv1 urgent quest? I only see the lv50.

garath

I am afraid I will waste 22ap as lv50 is a hit and miss.

Edit: where is the lv1 urgent quest? I only see the lv50.

I dunno, the level1 quest was the first one I did. It was right under the level 50 quest. It had a super stamina reward. 10ap per chunk.

The level 50 one isn't too tough. The main boss is a frost dragon. Just protect the healer and all will be well. My soldier/healer team was fine. Even using my level 34 Trystan in the front line (I don't care if he's not as strong yet, I'm using him dammit).

Top Bottom