• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Furnace blade is a spear. Confusing isn't it?

Wow that's just stupid.

Anyway, you'll want to replace your 4* weapon eventually so it would be a waste to give it to someone who deserves a better weapon. It won't really matter in the long run though so just do whatever you want.

elty

I dunno, the level1 quest was the first one I did. It was right under the level 50 quest. It had a super stamina reward. 10ap per chunk.

I think that is just a story quest? not sure... I just did the first lv50 urgent quest and it is not bad. The end boss is a dragon and has weak melee but strong AE so watch your healer.

Also, when is the fever time in EDT?

Quixzlizx

I think that is just a story quest? not sure...

Also, when is the fever time in EDT?

I think it's 2PM Eastern.

Has anyone from Gumi clarified whether fever time just becomes available at 2 PM, or whether we HAVE to play from 2:00 to 2:03 or miss out on it?

Miff

Points wise are the urgent quest worth doing or its better to grind to the last area and do the free quest there?

I noticed that the urgent quests are time limited; the early ones are ending fairly soon. So my approach is going to be grinding to end, but stopping if needed and going back to do them at the last moment.

This is considering that according to CC Forum the reward is a Super Stamina Fruit, so they seem worthwhile as you'll get most of your AP back (depending on the circumstances).

garath

I think it's 2PM Eastern.

Has anyone from Gumi clarified whether fever time just becomes available at 2 PM, or whether we HAVE to play from 2:00 to 2:03 or miss out on it?

Oops.. it's 2:05.. did I miss it? lol

Also, any way to force the game to use a super stamina fruit? I have 27 or so normal ones. It appears the normal ones are consumed first :/

edit: Damn.. yeah.. just did a quest and no bonus points. I guess I missed the fever?

Kettch

Oops.. it's 2:05.. did I miss it? lol

Also, any way to force the game to use a super stamina fruit? I have 27 or so normal ones. It appears the normal ones are consumed first :/

edit: Damn.. yeah.. just did a quest and no bonus points. I guess I missed the fever?

Go to Menu->Items and click on details for the Super Stamina Fruit. Should be able to use it there.

I haven't tried for Ferver Time yet.

Avalt

With 2168 pts I'm ranked 2240....... are the whales asleep or they waiting for the perfect time to strike?

Wasn't planning to go all out, but if I'm this close next Sunday.....

garath

Fucking Gumi. You'd think the goal would be to make the game as fun and accessible as possible. This event is a hot mess.

- The BOTTOM banner is the only way to get into it
- I can't find any info IN GAME about when these fever times are (they're calling it chance to advance?)
- There's no info anywhere on how to trigger the fever times

sigh.

garath

With 2168 pts I'm ranked 2240....... are the whales asleep or they waiting for the perfect time to strike?

Wasn't planning to go all out, but if I'm this close next Sunday.....

I'm rank 1500 something. I'm guessing most people can't find their way into the event.

Quixzlizx

Also, apparently we're supposed to be getting 500 point rewards for beating the story quests, but we're not getting them? That's how it was in the JP version, but maybe Gumi removed them?

What a clusterfuck so far.

That means the second one will be at 1 AM for EST people D:
\/\/\/

desverger

Fever time is in 30 mins. Apparently there is daylight saving time in the PST timezone, which is the timezone they announced the times in, but gumi is not respecting it.

I'm rank 1500 something. I'm guessing most people can't find their way into the event.

Lol, well there are two banners, one does nothing and one is mispelled. Very professional!

Aki-at

I'm rank 945 with 3,955 points (Currently I actually hold 6,012) and I'm guessing it updates every hour or two? So far I've had one level up and used 2 or 3 stamina fruits. Going to stop using them since I've only seen myself fall down the charts.

Fucking Gumi. You'd think the goal would be to make the game as fun and accessible as possible. This event is a hot mess.

- The BOTTOM banner is the only way to get into it
- I can't find any info IN GAME about when these fever times are (they're calling it chance to advance?)
- There's no info anywhere on how to trigger the fever times

sigh.

Yeah its a disaster. Is it so hard to do something like have a new bar that refills every 12 hours and players can use it at their own leisure? :/

Miff

Well, Pirika on facebook seems to indicate that we might only have a chance to activate fever during the stated times. Either that or just a poorly written sentence that can be interpreted more than one way?

I believe the equivalent time'd be 2am PHT and 12pm PHT respectively. Please be reminded that you will only have a chance to activate it during those times. So Good luck~♪.

Gizuko

getting to level 80 before this demon raid ends is gonna be...a challenge

I have ~4 souls right now and the next reward is not really worth it (purple spiky fruit). I can help you with them if you want (will check every now and then for the next 2h). Do tell me your Id though, since I have some random friend requests right now.

ID:171916548です!- Giz

Well, Pirika on facebook seems to indicate that we might only have a chance to activate fever during the stated times. Either that or just a poorly written sentence that can be interpreted more than one way?

This would be more similar to the jp event I did.
It is also the reason why Stam fruits should be spent to reach the end and stam+regen to farm the last free quest.

Aki-at

Got a chance to advance and have netted another 10,000 points thanks to it! Setting on a pretty 16,000 now, hmmmm getting the feeling it's going to come down how many chance to advance one can get.

Vylash

I have ~4 souls right now and the next reward is not really worth it (purple spiky fruit). I can help you with them if you want (will check every now and then for the next 2h). Do tell me your Id though, since I have some random friend requests right now.

ID:171916548です!- Giz

This would be more similar to the jp event I did.
It is also the reason why Stam fruits should be spent to reach the end and stam+regen to farm the last free quest.
request sent, name is Vylash

Oreoleo

Got a chance to advance and have netted another 10,000 points thanks to it! Setting on a pretty 16,000 now, hmmmm getting the feeling it's going to come down how many chance to advance one can get.

I just got the chance toa dvance timer with the banner. What do i do :(

elty

So unless you play at that specific time you won't get that chance to attack thing? How large is that window?

garath

Wow.. I got a chance to advance (yay), used a super stamina fruit and did the second location's 22AP quest. I wiped on the last guy. I did not expect the bombers with the boss in the 2nd or third wave and I lost a couple key guys.. ugh

garath

I've used 2 SSF to extend this time to advance. I did the 22ap quest twice. I have to micro it way too much.. I think it's much more efficient to do the fast auto battle quests.

Oreoleo

I've used 2 SSF to extend this time to advance. I did the 22ap quest twice. I have to micro it way too much.. I think it's much more efficient to do the fast auto battle quests.

Definitely. Unless you have an amazing team of all lvl60-80 characters and can auto the 22ap quests, they end up taking like 3 or 4 minutes or more compared to the low level quests that you can blow through in under a minute.

Just went from 1.2k points to OVER 9000 (seriously though) using two SSF during the advance time. Fun stuff.

Kettch

I did my first post-fever time quest 55 minutes after it started and got fever time immediately. So either I was lucky, or it lasts for quite a while.

Had just enough AP for that 11ap quest and the first 2 22ap quests, finished them with 1 minute to spare. 1200 points->5000 points.

I've been sitting in the 200's rank wise for today, it's giving me false hope that I might actually be able to LB a few Selene's. In reality I think a lot of people may have missed the quest because it's kinda awkward to find.

In a few days I'll plummet...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When does the gauntlet event end? Wondering if I can squeeze in an honor recruit before it ends, or if I need to cash in with a few enhancers

Edit : wait, the new event is live? The map in the holy Kingdom is greyed out for me,and tapping the top 'take back the black fortress' banner just takes me to the daily event.

garath

Ok. Used two SSFs (saved one). Went from 3k points to 15k points. I think that was a decent net gain.

However, in retrospect, I think I'd wait on the SSF. I managed to move to the third area and was getting twice the points from the normal chests and still autoing 2x through it. I'm sure there's a cutoff for my team at some point where it'll be a time vs points thing but I wasn't there yet. Probably a waste of SSF. Oh well. I don't expect to rank high on this in reality so it's just for fun.

This event is definitely underwhelming in terms of rewards compared to the usual demon raids. You have to use AP and there isn't even a demon coin gacha. Some rewards are pretty good (4 premium tickets) but those will most likely just end up in 3* units.

Edit : wait, the new event is live? The map in the holy Kingdom is greyed out for me,and tapping the top 'take back the black fortress' banner just takes me to the daily event.

Yeah, just scroll down at the information section.

Gizuko

When does the gauntlet event end? Wondering if I can squeeze in an honor recruit before it ends, or if I need to cash in with a few enhancers

Scroll down the banners in the main map, the last one takes you there.

In theory. But my noob team with max level 50 I'm not even confident I'll get there. Seems better for me to strike while the iron's hot, so to speak.
You have a point there, the last ones get a bit hectic. Best of luck, guys!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So you get a Selene for getting 50k points, and for completing the last event. Are either of those doable with a level 50 team? The 'urgent' quests that start at level 50 are already quite tricky so I probably won't get many of them done. But the normal story quests start at a relatively low level.

Fishious

During chance the chance to advance time I triggered one at the start of the hour and extended it twice with SSF. After that I went back to regular stamina fruit, but triggered another chance to advance immediately after that one ended and then yet another after the second ended. Did anyone else experience something similar? I did this over the course of an hour.

It looks like rankings haven't updated in a while (or mine's just borked) because it still shows I have 900 pts and I'm up to 31k. So far factoring in stamina fruit used and what I've gained as rewards in the form of stamina fruit I'm down 5 stamina fruit and up 1 SSF.

So you get a Selene for getting 50k points, and for completing the last event. Are either of those doable with a level 50 team? The 'urgent' quests that start at level 50 are already quite tricky so I probably won't get many of them done. But the normal story quests start at a relatively low level.

I think the last event shouldn't be an issue. I'm at the fifth battlefield right now (the one before the black fortress) and the main quest is currently only lv 26. Assuming it keeps increasing at this rate, the last one's probably mid 30's. I think you can still hit 50k points, it may just be a bit harder since you're having trouble with the urgent quests. Still I think it should certainly be doable by the end of the week.

Oreoleo

After you finish the quests in an area (at least in the first one) a free quest unlocks that you can do over and over for points. So I'm assuming with enough dedication (or stamina fruits) even a really low level team could hit 50k in a week's time.

Gizuko

I'm off to bed for today, good luck with the raid Vylash!

Edit: Damn, is this post really going to be the first one? I don't even have anything worth saying at this point u.u

Top Bottom