• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Avalt

Lost 500 rank spots overnight..... down to 1315 now. I'm assuming people were using up their stamina fruit supplies like crazy during the last fever attack.

I wonder how long they can keep this up. I think these fruits will become REALLY scarce for some come Sunday, heh...

garath

Well I dropped like 1k ranks overnight. Guess it really is a global event lol.. Went from rank 700 to 1800. I'm on 18k points.

Still, the gap isn't big. I actually think I could easily finish in the top 1500 if I wanted to. I still have like 25 stamina fruits and now like 4 SSF.

These urgent quests though. Just finished the second one today. Micro'd the hell out of it and still cost me another revival fruit :( Just one small mistake and you're done. So much danger, multiple poison waves, multiple bomber waves, REALLY hard hitting boss.

I wish I had Trystan ramped up. I'd be doing so much better on those. I may even skip the third urgent quest and work on getting to the last stage and grind the defend quest during fever time. I only get one fever time a day and it's during work so it may not even be available to me. Depends on what's going on. Still, there's just not that many people participating in the event. LB2 selene should be pretty easy. Or really I may just opt to ring them all and save for Frau.

Gizuko

Just pulled Mimu with my last 50 prysma, while I was expecting 3 rings For Trystan.

I swear I don't know wether I'm lucky or extremely unlucky.

garath

Does it make sense to just try and burn some fruits to get to the black fortress asap? I'm sure the point rewards will be greater there for future fever times. Or just ride it out and try to make one per day at least?

Miff

Does it make sense to just try and burn some fruits to get to the black fortress asap? I'm sure the point rewards will be greater there for future fever times. Or just ride it out and try to make one per day at least?

Maybe, the points from free quests at the end are 3 x the ones from the beginning. So if you Super stamina those, the points stack up nicely.

Edit: Then again, the points from the defend quests throughout are generous anyway, if you can handle them. Info here.

Rixa

Uhm. Someone got extra stamina fruits / money / or I dont know.

CCStupidySelene.PNG

Yaari

I guess I'll burn some Stamina Fruit to find out what stages I can run efficiently. My team is pretty good I'd say. I should be able to do some difficult stages. I have 72 AP max.

Yaari

One thing I don't quite get yet, can you use an endless amount of Super Stamina Fruit to extend that fever hour? Like, if I can use only one per Fever Time, I might not have to buy them at all.

Avalt

Alright, tested some of the the Defend and Free Quests around Black Fortress and Fifth Battlefield.

The Defend Quest in the Black Fortress is impossible for me. Would require 1 or 2 revival fruit to complete.
The Free Quest in the Black Fortress is possible, however due to bomb guys and other obstacles, it is not the most time efficient for the fever timer.

I found that the Defend Quest in the Fourth Battlefield is most efficient per AP for me. (I can actually complete it reliably)
The Fifth Battlefield Free quest is most efficient per time, so I will do that one during fever time. (I can go full speed on this one)

garath

Alright, tested some of the the Defend and Free Quests around Black Fortress and Fifth Battlefield.

The Defend Quest in the Black Fortress is impossible for me. Would require 1 or 2 revival fruit to complete.
The Free Quest in the Black Fortress is possible, however due to bomb guys and other obstacles, it is not the most time efficient for the fever timer.

I found that the Defend Quest in the Fourth Battlefield is most efficient per AP for me. (I can actually complete it reliably)
The Fifth Battlefield Free quest is most efficient per time, so I will do that one during fever time. (I can go full speed on this one)

That's some good info. I'm still in the Third battlefield. Have a ways to go. Been doing the obnoxious urgent quests.

What's your team look like?

garath

Why are you doing them now? Not saving up for fever time?

The urgent quests are by far the best points per AP, but they are way too hard for me to grind out during fever time. :( Requires a lot of micro managing for my team and the latest one I did even required 2 revival fruits.

I think it would be more efficient to run a defender quest I can nuke in < 1 min on 2x speed over and over.

Aki-at

The urgent quests are by far the best points per AP, but they are way too hard for me to grind out during fever time. :( Requires a lot of micro managing for my team and the latest one I did even required 2 revival fruits.

I think it would be more efficient to run a defender quest I can nuke in < 1 min on 2x speed over and over.

Ah right, for me it took about 3 minutes each time so it seemed like a good payoff for time/AP, I only micromanaged during the boss fights at certain points (IE after the bombers had all been picked off.) Helps that combining Melvina + Minimo means that my outfield soldiers always have a good amount of health. Helped me get to 33,000 points.] rather quickly.

Whats your team?

bonkeng

Does defend quest trigger fever time?

Im addicted to this game that i intend to wake up at 3am just for the fever time. But my full ap is only 56. So im planning to do defend quest to trigger as ap is only 10. Main quest now is 14 ap :(

Merun

Damn I'm starting one day late. Exchanged phone yesterday and missed the entry for the special map on the side. Guess i will just go hardcore mode!

Any way to know when is fever?

Fishious

I managed to catch fever time last night without heavily disrupting my sleep. Made it to the end of the main quest line, finished off the urgent quests, and did some grinding on the Black Fortress defend quest. I was afraid I'd drop significantly in rank if I didn't hit the fever time, but I've actually gone up to 159. I think I'm going to lay off the stamina fruits for a while and see how this plays out. I think between regular and super stamina I've used 16 fruits, but I've earned ~8 from rewards.

Does defend quest trigger fever time?

Im addicted to this game that i intend to wake up at 3am just for the fever time. But my full ap is only 56. So im planning to do defend quest to trigger as ap is only 10. Main quest now is 14 ap :(

Yes.

Damn I'm starting one day late. Exchanged phone yesterday and missed the entry for the special map on the side. Guess i will just go hardcore mode!

Any way to know when is fever?

Here it is now 14:17 EET and next is 22:00 EET. 7h43mins from

t1430852400z0.png

I don't think there's an in game indicator unfortunately. You just need to know the times.

garath

Ah right, for me it took about 3 minutes each time so it seemed like a good payoff for time/AP, I only micromanaged during the boss fights at certain points (IE after the bombers had all been picked off.) Helps that combining Melvina + Minimo means that my outfield soldiers always have a good amount of health. Helped me get to 33,000 points.] rather quickly.

Whats your team?

Team is ok:

70 Coro (maxed wild boar)
60 Lindsey (maxed grief)
45 Melvina (maxed B staff)
36 Trystan :/ (half filled assassin's blade)

sub:
50 dusty (maxed volunteer)
22 millagen just for the defense boost

I'm debating replacing Millagen for my 45 Ryubia or something. She's pretty useless outside of the defense buff.

I have a 26 or something Minimo but that seems a waste. She's too low to help. :/

Rixa

Rank Nr.1 has 483k points.

Ahaha.. well there's a whale for you. Already a level 80 Trystan, rank 91. Nice.

Point was that how many people would do 70k points in this event and run 40 level Hero as leader? I kinda bet that hero has A rank weapon too :p.

One rank 91 player on my friendlist had Trystan maxed to 80 levels on friday ;). Mine is juts 47 level, takes ages to raise it.

garath

Point was that how many people would do 70k points in this event and run 40 level Hero as leader? I kinda bet that hero has A rank weapon too :p.

One rank 91 player on my friendlist had Trystan maxed to 80 levels on friday ;). Mine is juts 47 level, takes ages to raise it.

Yeah. It takes a long time to get him up there. I wish I could run the warrior daily today but can't spend any AP outside of the event.

elty

He probably just put the Hero in the team 1 leader spot and used some other team.

garath

See here:

Awesome. So in 19 min.

Anyone know if there's a new defender quest worth trying to get to with a stamina fruit in Lost village? I'm two battles from reaching that if I want to burn a fruit. If not, I'll probably just spam the hell out of the defender quest on the third battlefield.

edit: Found it. There is a defend quest there.. However, I may just try and do the last urgent quest.. Looking at this video, doesn't appear to be any bombers - at least for the first stage - that was the worst part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=23&v=R8774V5FmzY

Fishious

Awesome. So in 19 min.

Anyone know if there's a new defender quest worth trying to get to with a stamina fruit in Lost village? I'm two battles from reaching that if I want to burn a fruit. If not, I'll probably just spam the hell out of the defender quest on the third battlefield.

edit: Found it. There is a defend quest there.. However, I may just try and do the last urgent quest.. Looking at this video, doesn't appear to be any bombers - at least for the first stage - that was the worst part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=23&v=R8774V5FmzY

I don't remember any bombers on the third urgent quest. I had some trouble with the second one due to them, but I remember the third urgent being easier due to the absence.

Edit: Welp I guess my memory is terrible then. Apparently there were bombers and I somehow forgot about them. Sorry.

garath

I don't remember any bombers on the third urgent quest. I had some trouble with the second one due to them, but I remember the third urgent being easier due to the absence.

Yeah. I just did the first step on the third urgent. It was WAY easier. Going to do the other 3 while fever.

edit: oh god. Bombers on the third stage.

garath

Yep. Last two had bombers. Much easier though. Only one wave of them and it was after I had killed the boss. Much better.

Got through all the urgent quests now. Grinding the defender. Not even sure why I'm trying so hard. My schedule isn't going to let me finish high in this. Meh.

No way I'll be able to do the last two day's fevers. I have baseball games with my son. Guess Friday I'll use all my SSF or something.

edit: Well we'll see how the rankings look when they update after this fever. I went from 20k points to 50,700. I now have my selene from points and the two premium tickets. That's nice. I did the whole third urgent quest and then just spammed the Lost village defender quest on 2x auto. It was the highest level I've unlocked so far. Used like 3-4 stamina fruits and had a level up.

I have a feeling people will drop major money in the last two days to try and get that 1500 rank. I'll get pushed out for sure. Just hoping I can get the 7500 I guess. Selene is pretty good with the wave heal. LB2 is the minimum I'd keep her. I'm still thinking I might ring the copies though. Dunno. 60 rings vs another warrior. Don't even have the cost to stick her in the sub party yet.

garath

I just wonder if there's really a 5x Fever time like suggested.

Went from 3k to 75k. first Fever Time.

Jesus. What exactly did you grind to get 70k points in an hour?? I could have been a little more efficient if I was stronger for the urgent quests but we're talking maybe I could have squeezed out another 10k points to give me 40k for the hour.

Finished the story and got 2 Selene's. Up another 35k this fever time and I'm curious to see how the rankings look when they update.

The bombers aren't that bad in the last events. They come in two of the waves but you can simply walk a single unit in and back up as they go off.

Yaari

Jesus. What exactly did you grind to get 70k points in an hour?? I could have been a little more efficient if I was stronger for the urgent quests but we're talking maybe I could have squeezed out another 10k points to give me 40k for the hour.

I did Second Battlefield. It did cost me like 4 Super Stamina Fruit I guess (For an hour). I was able to mix it up, so I'd use a Stamina Fruit, go through my AP, then a regular Stamina Fruit.

Hope that another run of this will guarantee me a 1500 slot, it doesn't seem that competitive.

garath

I did Second Battlefield. It did cost me like 4 Super Stamina Fruit I guess (For an hour). I was able to mix it up, so I'd use a Stamina Fruit, go through my AP, then a regular Stamina Fruit.

Hope that another run of this will guarantee me a 1500 slot, it doesn't seem that competitive.

Wow. I guess the additional SSF paid off there. Just the defender quest in second battlefield?

edit: and no, there barely seem to be 10k people in the running. It should be pretty easy to get in the top 7500 and more than doable to get in the top 1500 with some effort the last couple days.

Miff

Yeah I've definitely not got the balance right. It's taking me 2.5+ mins to clear Battlefield 4 defense quest - I had about 20 AP wasted per super stamina fruit. Gave up after using 4 and will try a different approach tomorrow.

30k pts earned in about 1hr 20min.

Rank update in 1hr 15min.

garath

You guys do know that you'll get a fresh fever time after it's up without a SSF within the hour right?

If you start a battle with less than a minute left, you'll not only get the bonus points for the current fever, but you'll automatically get a new fever. I had fever up the entire hour without a single SSF.

Now if I wanted I could have started using SSF to go past that hour, but I'm saving mine for Friday (my last fever day).

Teiran

I used a super at the end of the hour to push onward to the next map location, but yeah, other than that I only burned normal stamina fruits. Pulled around 42k in that session, and I'm not sure how I could do much better while still being conservative with supers.

Top Bottom