• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

I've gotta pull Musica first before I can worry about those other characters. Have about 100 pulls saved up now though, so if we get the 7% rate I think I should hopefully be good.

This is by far the best. Picture is from february 2015, I have only once seen that pop up deal after that screen cap (amount is in €).

That promo is good also.

Maybe this limited promo is better?

Ah I forgot about the v2 sale. Well I only have about 23 on my google play survey rewards, and I only plan on spending that money and no more. Need to see how things trigger.

As for tavern pulls, man I don't even know what direction I want to go. My best units are warriors so maybe I'll work on maximizing that team?

Rixa

Ah I forgot about the v2 sale. Well I only have about 23 on my google play survey rewards, and I only plan on spending that money and no more. Need to see how things trigger.

As for tavern pulls, man I don't even know what direction I want to go. My best units are warriors so maybe I'll work on maximizing that team?

Warriors aint kings / queens anymore in v2. See more in this lin Intro to V2 *Update: Major Upcoming Changes*

CCF.net said:
Combat Changes
-Knights no longer pause when blocking ranged attacks*
-Soldiers/Clerics/Archers/Mages flinch for about one second when hit by a ranged attack while moving*
*applies to both your team and the enemy team

Yeah, I'm also seeing that being thrown around, why is it the best though?

Morgan is basically the centerpiece for the upcoming knights/archer meta that developed at the start of v2 in JP.

The two gunners are also pretty good with Mira being a gunner that can attack much quicker than others and Baltoro being well know for completing the missions that require you to do a certain amount of damage thanks to x18 attack skill.

Its not to say the Sea Breeze harbor isn't bad. Two knight aura users, both that buffs other warriors and knights.

of course if you want to wait, Miona (in an upcoming tower event) basically changes everything to a knights/mage team especially coupled with an upcoming demon and its event character ohohohoho

Azusa

of course if you want to wait, Miona (in an upcoming tower event) basically changes everything to a knights/mage team especially coupled with an upcoming demon and its event character ohohohoho

There is no point in waiting while you play mobage. Because waiting for the best character that will be introduced in the far future is like waiting for retirement and thinking that I'll live boring live now but when I retire I'll have fun. Yeah.

Stider

I might finally break out my non warriors now. Do many enemies use blind in v2? Have both Elemia(mage healer) and Linia(archer healer) who heal and cure blind. Would it be better to use them or Lilith(level 72)/Aoi(haven't started levelling yet)?

garath

The compensation looks good. Tickets are always welcome.

Going to have to work on my knight team coming up. Yay. Diversity.

Rixa

Maintenance still going, but here is Gumi topic for the changes, including pics.

Version 2 Update

Gumi said:
New Recruitment Rates :
Increasing recruit rates from all Taverns will be effective on version 2.

All Taverns will have increased drop rates to match JP version 2.​
7%?

Ring shop is there but I cant find anything about 2k AC gacha or Ring Characters

Screenshot_2015-10-06-11-41-14-e1444110897778.png

Gizuko

Maintenance still going, but here is Gumi topic for the changes, including pics.

Version 2 Update

7%?

Ring shop is there but I cant find anything about 2k AC gacha or Ring Characters

The FR gacha and exchange should be inside the ring shop (it should have 3 tabs).

The 2kAC is just another option below the 1&10 pull AC gacha.

(assuming no groundbreaking ui changes happened between v2's launch and feb-march this year).

Edit:
Also, regarding debuffs such as poison and blind, expect more. Aside from Arcane Organisms -those purple, red, etc, thingies that poison, blind and slow- v2 will eventually bring bats, spiders and sea anemones (anemones are actually featured in the very first area), making debuffs more frequent. Rest easy, though, you won't be forced to cleanse them unless you screw up or have a mono-ranged team.

Rixa

The FR gacha and exchange should be inside the ring shop (it should have 3 tabs).

The 2kAC is just another option below the 1&10 pull AC gacha.

(asuming no groundbreaking ui changes happened between v2's launch and feb-march this year).

Yup, hopefully Gumi didnt somehow magically remove those features. I think most of us are swimming in AC. Even my alt has almost 400k of ac (main has almost 600k).

Quixzlizx

throw 5 fortune rings away, get a chance to get a 5 star unit

prepare to throw away a lot of rings lol

also looks like weapon switching isn't in this yet, gotta wait ~_~

Thanks... and just to confirm about the kizuna system, for a skill like Faceless' (8% skill boost)... does she only give 8% at level 60, or does it reach 8% at level 40? I know I've asked this before, but I was kind of confused by the answer, since the answer was that "stats scale," but I don't know whether skill bonuses count as stats or not.

Thanks... and just to confirm about the kizuna system, for a skill like Faceless' (8% skill boost)... does she only give 8% at level 60, or does it reach 8% at level 40? I know I've asked this before, but I was kind of confused by the answer, since the answer was that "stats scale," but I don't know whether skill bonuses count as stats or not.

the bond ability (like Faceless' skill boost) is static, regardless if they are level 40 or 80, it'll always be the same

what changes is the stats (hp and atk) boost that they can give
those go up depending on your level and there's also a tavern bonus if the two units are from the same tavern

elty

edit:

I just get 2000 XP for rank but 3300 XP for character.

I have a max Selene, using a max Selene friend, with Emma sub. Is that normal?

Quixzlizx

the bond ability (like Faceless' skill boost) is static, regardless if they are level 40 or 80, it'll always be the same

what changes is the stats (hp and atk) boost that they can give
those go up depending on your level and there's also a tavern bonus if the two units are from the same tavern

OK, thanks for the explanation. I get it now :p

I've read that Faceless is pretty good for Musica due to the skill boost, or is that obsolete knowledge? She's kind of useless otherwise.

Goodbye arcana, I been saving you for this day :)

actually you can save the arcana coins until there's a ring character you want :p

OK, thanks for the explanation. I get it now :p

I've read that Faceless is pretty good for Musica due to the skill boost, or is that obsolete knowledge? She's kind of useless otherwise.

yeah, Faceless is the easiest/cheapest skill boost kizuna you can give to Musica

well she's obsolete when Faceless V.2 came out but I'm still using the original one in JPCC since I didn't pull V.2 ~_~

Gizuko

The ring gacha rates are odd. Let's see, out of 10 pulls:

SR (4*):
  • 1x cleric enhancer.
R (3*):
  • 1x spear forger.
  • 1x hammer.
Normal (1*/2*):
  • 5x 2* enhancers.
  • 2x 1* forgers.

I'm not saying they ARE low (not enough pulls), but they do seem so. The rate of rares, specially enhancers, is way higher in jpCC, so unless it got buffed partway through v2, I suggest we either poll some pulls or stop pulling altogether.

Edit:
actually you can save the arcana coins until there's a ring character you want :p

yeah, Faceless is the easiest/cheapest skill boost kizuna you can give to Musica

well she's obsolete when Faceless V.2 came out but I'm still using the original one in JPCC since I didn't pull V.2 ~_~

According to the japanese wiki Faceless v2's Kizuna is +8% skill power and +20% damage vs goblins (so it simply adds the damage vs goblins to v1's kizuna).
The new art makes her v1 version obsolete, though

chrono01

I've heard people mentioning that they got some 5* this time, a Teresa and even Liam (the festive tickets guy).
Yeah, apparently t's possible to pull 5* units [at least, a select number of them] from the 10x normal recruit. Personally, I'm not going to take the risk since the 2k Arcana Coin recruit gives me a 3* character [and thus, 3 Fortune Rings] pretty consistently. Seeing all of those useless 1/2* arcana in the 10x normal recruit makes me not to waste it, not even for a slight chance at a 5*. :/

Speaking of 3* arcana, does anyone know which ones have useful Kizuna abilities? I'm spending my Arcana Coins now, but I might try to LB any other of the more useful arcana. I know it's nice to keep some with useful skills, such as gold increase, but I'm more concerned with their Kizuna, since I can't read what they are in-game.

Yeah, apparently t's possible to pull 5* units [at least, a select number of them] from the 10x normal recruit.

Only in that one? Seems like people are getting them from the challenger roll, I can't 100% confirm it though so you could be right.

I'll see tomorrow when I'm going to undertake the daunting task of spending all my AC lol

chrono01

Only in that one? Seems like people are getting them from the challenger roll, I can't 100% confirm it though so you could be right.

I'll see tomorrow when I'm going to undertake the daunting task of spending all my AC lol
You're right, it seems to be both. Game is apparently down now, I'm guessing the 5* being in the Arcana Coin pool wasn't intentional. :/

Edit: Never mind, working again.

Edit again: Never mind, seems to be down again.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Is it just me or is the game servers being hammered right now?

Guess they just announced that V2 was live on facebook or something, LOL.

Glad to see it's not just me. I tried loading it up for the first time and all I get is a connection error over and over.

I tried logging in during the maintenance once, so I was scared I jacked something up lol.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
As I predicted, they recently announced that V2 was live on facebook.

So it looks like the servers are being hammered right now because everyone wants to see the new stuff. Before the server collapsed I tried doing pulls with the new UR rate, and after 6 premium tickets I pulled my second UR, Liam.

So improved drop rates are legit!! Hopefully I can pull a Nimpha soon ;)

Speaking of 3* arcana, does anyone know which ones have useful Kizuna abilities? I'm spending my Arcana Coins now, but I might try to LB any other of the more useful arcana. I know it's nice to keep some with useful skills, such as gold increase, but I'm more concerned with their Kizuna, since I can't read what they are in-game.

I guess for interesting ones:

Warrior:
Inuchiyo - Skill power up
Hero V.1 - Wave party heal
Madena/ Iris/ Aida - Gold +

Knight:
Kain V.1 - Poison Null
Maurice - Sub-party defense up

Mage:
Lizerotte - Skill power up
Minimo - Wave self heal
Ursula - Wave party heal