• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Got same placement from Colo than 12h ago when server went up. Aludra did in 2 battles colo (my rank didnt change) 7600 damage to all so Colo is broken. Iam ok with it cause it was in prysma range. It really is my BDay\o/, all the goodness just keep pouring in.

Screenshot_2015-10-07-11-12-39.png
Screenshot_2015-10-07-11-12-50.png

Rixa

It might be better not to do quests now. If you get the error in the end of battle you dont get rewards, you only lose AP.

Quests work now.

Before battle:
Screenshot_2015-10-07-11-25-29.png

End of battle:
Screenshot_2015-10-07-11-27-25.png

After battle:
Screenshot_2015-10-07-11-28-45.png

Rixa

Did 50 2k Challenge recruits

Code:
1-10
- Aida
- Holy forger
- Johan
- Slay
- Zygmunt
- Knight ench
- Deed 5* (7th)
- Dodgher
- Nelva
- Cham Cham

11-20
- Faceless
- Fiona
- Mefulnash 5* (13th)
- Knight ench
- Zygmunt 
- Tornado
- Audette
- Madena
- Bow forger
- Cham Cham

21-30
- Minimo
- Knight ench
- Fist forager
- Knight ench
- Bilgitto
- Mefulnash 5* (26th)
- Franz
- Baiset
- Magic forger
- Inuchiyo

31-40
- Franz
- Zygmunt
- Sheda
- Franz
- Magic ench
- Cadille
- Envy
- Magic ench
- Yona
- Sheda

41-50
- Deed 5* (41th)
- Faceless
- Korona
- Spear forger
- Deed 5* (45th)
- Korona
- Mefulnash 5* (47th)
- Emma
- Warrior ench
- Sheda

3 Deeds, its now MLB
3 Mefulnash, its now LB2

These FR characters aren't worth my AC right? I'd rather wait for a time where there are two characters instead of three. Makes MLB'ing then more reliable.

I already have a Nina for her value Kizuna (although I'm not sure if that's overhyped or not)

Rixa

These FR characters aren't worth my AC right? I'd rather wait for a time where there are two characters instead of three. Makes MLB'ing then more reliable.
I already have a Nina for her value Kizuna (although I'm not sure if that's overhyped or not)

You can get current FR characters in 2k arcana pulls? Meh. I'll wait for the new FR character then, I don't want Deed or Mefulnash.

Yup. Since I didnt have Mefulnash at all and Deed was LB1 I decided to use 100k ac also I was in hope to get 1 copy of Nina. Didnt get Nina so I bought it by 70 rings. Now saving rest of my ac for future use.

garath

No Liam for me either. Though I did get mulfasa or whatever her name is. The ring dancer. That makes a single 5* and two 4* units in about 200k.

I may use another 100k to see if I can get a deed but other than that I'm just going to save it. Pretty neat that we can get 5* units from this thing.

Now that we are getting 5* versions of the original party, can we ditch the original arcana?

Stider

Getting to 1-15 opens up the Advanced daily. 30AP lever 51. Rewards 2* class enhancer, 1* weapon enhancer, chest 3 and 4 are both 3* enhancers.

Avalt

From 100k arcana (50 challenge pulls) I got 4x Nina, 2x Mefulnash, 3x Deed.

So 9/50 is a pretty good drop chance. I got a mlb Nina now. Still got 400k arcana, might go for a mlb Deed.

Kettch

Yeah, it seems they removed the festive ticket characters from the challenge gacha and put in the correct ring characters. :(

My final haul with 700k AC:

4 Liam
2 Teresa
1 Bliza
1 Lephret
1 Mefulnash

2 Alvert
1 Noel
1 Clarice

Too bad I couldn't get that last copy of Liam/Teresa. Maybe Gumi will mess up enough that we'll end with 160 festive tickets though, that'd be enough the MLB both.

elty

So 9/50 is a pretty good drop chance. I got a mlb Nina now. Still got 400k arcana, might go for a mlb Deed.
I used 40k more coin and get one less UR than you, no deed. my shit luck just reaffirm my decision on staying f2p.

Avalt

Did another 32 pulls and got 3x Mefulnash and 1x Deed. Will stop now and just get the last Deed for 70 rings.

My total is 13/82, so about 15.9%. I'm guessing the actual drop rate is 7% with a x2 bonus added for some reason :p

garath

Total of 10 tickets now. Though I'm pretty sure I got shorted one. I had a single ticket then got the ticket daily reward today which is doubled but only had 2 after redeeming them together from the gift box.

Oh well. Such is. 10 is still good.

Working my way through the story. I guess the second tavern is the place to pull?

Azusa

Can anyone tell me what can I get from ring gatcha? It costs 5 rings and I have pulled 4 times, only 2* enhancers so far. Can I get any arcana or only ring characters?

As I understand for 2k coins challenge gatcha its only ring characters, yes?

Can anyone tell me what can I get from ring gatcha? It costs 5 rings and I have pulled 4 times, only 2* enhancers so far. Can I get any arcana or only ring characters?

As I understand for 2k coins challenge gatcha its only ring characters, yes?

you have a (small) chance of pulling the ring gatcha character

otherwise you get 1 and 2 star junk and maybe a 3 star character or enhancer

Should I go ahead and merge my old characters like Kain and Michidia into their new, stronger counterparts?

there's no reason to and they don't really get a bonus for doing so

make sure to finish the V.1's character quests first so you can unlock their first character quest for the V.2 version

and considering you leveled them up to 40 already, they have half decent kizuna abilities and are a very cheap option for kizuna too

there's no reason to and they don't really get a bonus for doing so

make sure to finish the V.1's character quests first

and considering you leveled them up to 40 already, they have half decent kizuna abilities and are a very cheap option for kizuna too

Oh yeah, I already did and they're all maxed out. I'll leave them as trophies lol

Azusa

CCForum has too many posts, too much spam and V2 info is so hard to find. At least 4chan mobage thread has good information:

Right now is still a transitional stage. There's not a huge powercreep for a while.

In terms of raids: Hatifas is tier 1, but she's not top 5 for example. Agudara's great, but again eventually gets relegated to kizuna role compared to beast tavern UR or Rafalgar. Froggy is the highest dps knight, but a step behind others because knights you want to use mostly come with auras (Morgan/Stitch/Minoa). Still all much better than everything we've gotten, so do try and MLB them.

In terms of towers: Moanette is bad and Shesmeit is meta for her piercing and other utility.

As for new features, the ring gacha starts to crank out powerful units. For the most part, ring exchange characters besides Trystan/Frau/Lindsey suck ass. Nina/Solity for kizuna as well. The only other ring character worth MLBing in a full year for ccjp was Vespa. As for ring gachas, the first 3 (Inami, Rineia and Efimela) are all somewhat subpar. Inami has a pierce kizuna which are average, Rineia has an average treasure drop ability, Efimela is your chance at a "free" runefencer if you don't want to pull for Hati or Schule. And you don't need runefencers.

If you want to remain "meta", all you need to do is dump prysma into Ocean's Dawn for Morgan/Mira/Bartolo. Stitch is released soon - I see her quest in vice capital, but she's very restrictive and more luxury than anything. Aside from that, Musica/Roxanna and to a lesser extent Lilith/Nympha are all you really need from v1

You can mono soldier for a while. The top 2 jp meta teams are Knights/Gunners (Morgan/Morgan/Stitch/Mira/Dolly being the best team I can come up with) and Knights/Mage (Minoa/Minoa/Shauna/Alphin/Rin). Besides that, mono soldier can complete pretty much every chapter comfortably except possibly one. For example, the latest chapter seems to favor Warrior/Knight or Warrior/Archer teams. The first couple of Book 2 chapters are pretty easy anyway.

As for best warriors:

Top 3:
Marena (Ocean's Dawn, implemented much later. Broken as shit)
Sharolala (Beast Tavern, implemented much later. Makes mono warrior teams absurd)
Lucia (Maze Pass, implemented much later. Pretty great status machine)

Good warriors to look out for are basically all beast tavern. On implementation, there were four:
Yugigi (holds the title of highest dps for about a year, topping yoshitsugu)
Gurarao (not highest dps arcana, but he has a daze counter which is incredibly useful)
Teriria (perhaps a step below, but has 1 mana Trystan/Agudara skill so always useful)
Shegigimu (not bad by any means, just a cut below the rest)

Any of them are improvements to your warrior team. Oryou/Kaminazuki will also be added soon but I'd ignore Nine Territories until Gin/Zuiha are added. Especially because Yoshitsugu got removed. Zuiha is an archer that has an absurd warrior aura boost. There's a few others too, but if you want warriors you basically pull beast tavern.

Morgan's aura: +15% attack to archers, +8% damage reduction to knights. Stacks, so obviously having two means your gunners deal 32% increased damage.

Minoa's aura: If there is a mage on the battlefield, +15% attack and +10% damage reduction to knights, +12% attack to mages. Stacks, so again... she's considered the best arcana in the game for a reason when you have an aura that gives your whole team +30% attack.

Oh, and I forgot to mention kizunas. You want to keep an eye out for arcana with good kizunas. When they're level 40, you can equip them to arcana with same class to give a stat boost and an additional mini-ability. Usually you prioritize mana training, recovery, blind immunity for ranged classes and high +atk% ones. For example, Roy gives +3% heal to all allies on each wave. Most 3*s are probably not worth bothering with, but I've got time and arcana slots so I level things to 40. Isaac (mage, blind immunity) and Faceless (+skill boost%, for Musica) are the only ones that I'd say are necessary. Otherwise, keep most 4*s and some 3*s are usable in the meantime (Roy, Ursula, Minimo, Maurice if you have Juliana)

garath

Dammit. I keep selling faceless. I'll see if I get one through arcana pulls.

Great info though. I think I should have tried harder for a musica :(

elty

Cc forum said Aoi and Rasperry (last demon, forgot name) has been nerf to JP status. No more heal over time and increased powered pierce damage.

Gizuko

That info is pretty spot on.

Surprised they didn't mention Tablubik (demon) though, as she is an upgraded version of Rox.

Kettch

Did another 32 pulls and got 3x Mefulnash and 1x Deed. Will stop now and just get the last Deed for 70 rings.

My total is 13/82, so about 15.9%. I'm guessing the actual drop rate is 7% with a x2 bonus added for some reason :p

Yeah, it's well worth doing challenge pulls still despite the festive characters being gone. These ring characters drop like candy. Think I'm up to about 8 copies of Deed.

elty

Should I dump all of my coin to get Deed? I don't need the other two anymore, but I can always sell them for rings.
Also, how useful is malfulnash? Worth MLB?

What are your thoughts on those units in the festival?

Any value, UR or SR's?

PS: Who's ???GAF on my Friend List

UR:
Orca, very good knight attack, boss wave +40% atk from her two skills, buffs knights and warriors
Sapo, solid mage, nothing fancy, self healing, +20% atk at full health
Rula, critical machine, very strong skill at x18 atk after skills, just very expensive skill

SR:
Verolla: has wave party heal
Stella: 20% chest drop up
Tubalao: he looks cool?

chrono01

So I used a few more arcana coins and got lucky? That's surprising.

Deed x4 [she's LB3 now]
Nina x2 [worth LB1'ing her?]
Mefulnash x 4 [I might sell her three copies for rings and keep one, I've heard she's not too good]

I might use my earned rings to purchase another Deed just so I can have her at MLB. Nina, I'm not too worried about, since she's mostly just used for her kizuna. I still have 268k Arcana Coins to use, but I'll save them for later ring characters.

Also, added you, gaiadyne.

Edit: Is there a reason I see people on other forums MLB'ing Nina/Mefulnash? From what I've seen, they're only useful for their kizuna abilities, which means them being MLB or not doesn't really matter. I'd imagine it would be better to sell them for rings for a chance to get the other [more valuable] ring gatcha characters, as opposed to MLB units you'll rarely use on the battlefield.

Elepsis

Neo Member
The rates on today's drops seem shockingly high. I am wondering if there's some kind of bug right now.

I had about 250k arcana saved up and used almost all of it yesterday -- I only had about 20k left. In all of yesterday, the only worthwhile characters I got was 1x Jedah (whose chain story I didn't have yet) and 1x Arietta.

With my last few pulls today, I got 1x Deed, 1x Mefulnash and 1x Nina.

Because I suspect the rates are (unintentionally) too high right now, I'm pulling each time I get 2k AC as long as these reports continue.

Edit: Is there a reason I see people on other forums MLB'ing Nina/Mefulnash? From what I've seen, they're only useful for their kizuna abilities, which means them being MLB or not doesn't really matter. I'd imagine it would be better to sell them for rings for a chance to get the other [more valuable] ring gatcha characters, as opposed to MLB units you'll rarely use on the battlefield.

for the hell of it? cause they have rings coming out of the woodworks? dunno lol

my only logical reasoning is that they want to squeeze as much bonus stats as they can out of the kizuna system since they give a higher stat bonus the higher level they are

Aki-at

So um... Is everyone getting their rare drops using the 2000 AC challenger recruit or the normal 10 recruit?

Because I just did a 10 recruit and got myself a Mefulnash o_O

Also version 2 yay \o/

chrono01

for the hell of it? cause they have rings coming out of the woodworks? dunno lol

my only logical reasoning is that they want to squeeze as much bonus stats as they can out of the kizuna system since they give a higher stat bonus the higher level they are
Haha, fair enough!

I know my luck for future ring characters/gatcha will be terrible, so I'm trying to stockpile as much as I can. That being said, I'm tempted to use the remainder of my arcana coins while the rate is so good for extra FR...

So um... Is everyone getting their rare drops using the 2000 AC challenger recruit or the normal 10 recruit?

Also version 2 yay \o/
I received quite a few today from the 2k one.

Kreed

Also version 2 yay \o/

I hope they don't "fix" these rates. I've been doing the 2000 AC one and got the three ring characters and enough extras to MLB them and sell for rings (I got 5 Nina's in a row earlier).

These portuguese inspired names are so weird to me. Now I know how the Japanese must feel when we name things with Japanese names because it "sounds cool".

I mean, we have Peixe(Fish), Tubalao(Tubarão-Shark), Rula(Lula - Squid), Sapo (Frog), Orca(Duh), Verolla(Pérola - Pearl)... are all these sea characters named like this?

It's both weird and awesome for me.

Top Bottom