• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Server down, probably fixing the ac rate.
This is why we can't have nice things. >_<

Oh well, I have my LB Deed and three Nina. Still not sure if I'll sell her on LB her to 70. Since I'm only using her for her kizuna, I might just keep a single copy. Oh, I have enough to LB Mefulash too, but I'm thinking she'll be better sold for rings [and a single copy of kizuna].

Kettch

If they didn't fix it, then it's actually possible to loop with the challenge recruit. Spend 10 rings, buy 2 Stamina fruit, use stamina to run Monster Extermination in Winged Heights (about 41.25 AC per AP), use AC in challenge recruit and get more rings out of it than you put in at the start.

Only problem is that running the quest that many times is a bit time consuming, but it's a pretty significant profit given the ~15% UR rate number being thrown around for the gacha. Plus you get XP out of it as well.

Rixa

Well I tested his. 10 pulls only 3* units (no enhancers or forger). Then pulls 12 & 13 were Nina, 14th pull 3*, stopped pulling here.

CQxn2iBU8AAdBy2.jpg
CQxn3B2UEAADXG6.jpg

CQxn3hNUkAAlENk.jpg

bleh

at least i got yandere housewife

chrono01

bleh

at least i got yandere housewife
Congrats! Yandere housewife = best housewife.

I pulled a few more times with my Arcana Coins, I got another Nina. I kept going until I had another, it didn't take too long. That makes enough to MLB her and I already have enough to MLB Mefulnash [sitting on them, not sure I'll go ahead with it]. I already have Deed MLB'd. I might go ahead and MLB Nina [she's cute, what can I say?] and save the Mefulnash copies in-case I get desperate.

I started with something like 700,000 Arcana Coins and I'm now sitting at just a little over 150,000. I went from 170 Fortune Rings [around there, IIRC] to 873, so quite a jump. In total, for 550,000 [free] Arcana Coins, I received:

- MLB Deed
- MLB Nina
- MLB Mefulnash [if I want to]
- Arietta [yesterday during the Festival Event glitch]

*all of these were new, not having a copy prior*

+ 703 Fortune Rings [*estimated*]

Not too bad! I wasted a lot of my AC yesterday afternoon trying for the Festival Event characters. If the rates for the Ring Gatcha characters were as high then as they are now, I could have saved myself a lot of headache. Oh well, I got Arietta out of it. That's something?

All this new stuff! Man I'm hyped to play this game again.

I tried out my first 2k AC pull and got this lovely lady in blue.

I guess this is a good sign that I should work on building up my Knights.

Anyone try pulling at the event/featured recruit pull? Or is the Tavern you get to in the story more worthy of those pulls? Game's currently feeding me gems like crazy, don't even feel like buying some with my google play money now, haha.

chrono01

All this new stuff! Man I'm hyped to play this game again.

I tried out my first 2k AC pull and got this lovely lady in blue.

I guess this is a good sign that I should work on building up my Knights.

Anyone try pulling at the event/featured recruit pull? Or is the Tavern you get to in the story more worthy of those pulls? Game's currently feeding me gems like crazy, don't even feel like buying some with my google play money now, haha.
A lot of the supposed best new units comes from the second tavern, so if you can wait, it might be best to. Welcome back, BTW!

Yeah, if you have AC to burn [and no Deed, Nina, Mefulnash], now is definitely the time. The rate for the current Ring Gatcha characters is pretty decent right now, so take advantage of it if you're interested in them. I'd recommend at least trying for a single copy of Nina, since her kizuna [when we get them] is quite helpful.

A lot of the supposed best new units comes from the second tavern, so if you can wait, it might be best to. Welcome back, BTW!

Yeah, if you have AC to burn [and no Deed, Nina, Mefulnash], now is definitely the time. The rate for the current Ring Gatcha characters is pretty decent right now, so take advantage of it if you're interested in them. I'd recommend at least trying for a single copy of Nina, since her kizuna [when we get them] is quite helpful.

You're not kidding, after pulling a single 3* enhancer - the next 3 pulls were ring characters. Damn! Aiming to MLB Deed now~ <3

chrono01

You're not kidding, after pulling a single 3* enhancer - the next 3 pulls were ring characters. Damn! Aiming to MLB Deed now~ <3
Good luck! Something clearly broke when Gumi introduced the 2k AC gatcha, so I'm guessing they'll fix it eventually. I can't see them being this generous, but it could be possible? In either case, if you have AC stock-piled, spend spend spend!

Edit - V2 pre-registration rewards now going out, check your email!

Elepsis

Neo Member
I got my reward email for the pre-registration spin the wheel game. I had to click on a link in the mail, and then my rewards showed up in the gift box a minute or two later.

Make sure you check your spam, would suck to miss out on that stuff.

(Not sure how well I did relative to others, but I got:
- 2 premium tickets
- 70 prysma
- 3 stamina fruit
- 8 revival fruit
- Vienta (4*)
- Roy, Robby and Korona (3*)
- Some gold)

Dang the rewards just keep coming in. V2 really kicked this game up a lil. I remember there being a list of 3* Arcana worth keeping, does that include units that would be good for the future kizuna system? (If I'm understanding how that works right.)

chrono01

That's weird, I got duplicate rewards. I noticed it when my in-game mail read as 20 items. I checked and, despite only spinning one Premium Ticket, I received two of them. Not only that, but my 70x Prysma was listed twice [so I received 140 of them]. Actually, all of my items [including the stamina fruit, revial fruit, etc.] were doubled.

I got:

Premium Ticket x2
Prysma x140
Stamina Fruit x6
Revival Fruit x20
Robby x2
Kai x2
Tornado x2
Ryubia x4
Arcana Coin x800
Gold x20000

I'm not complaining! I checked the values in-game and they were properly applied. I LB'd Ryubia, Robby, and Kai [since their kizuna is useful], but Tornado was sold for more rings.

Thank you, Gumi mistakes!

Kettch

Well, I went ahead and did my Lake of Sand pulls.

32 premium tickets and a pair of 10+1s for a total of 54 pulls.

14 SRs.
2 URs.

Jafarr and finally Musica. Guess my tavern luck still sucks even with the new rates, but at least I got her.

chrono01

Dang the rewards just keep coming in. V2 really kicked this game up a lil. I remember there being a list of 3* Arcana worth keeping, does that include units that would be good for the future kizuna system? (If I'm understanding how that works right.)
Here you go:

http://chainchronicleforum.net/thre...n-for-v2-best-arcana-to-keep-for-kizuna.8060/

Well, I went ahead and did my Lake of Sand pulls.

32 premium tickets and a pair of 10+1s for a total of 54 pulls.

14 SRs.
2 URs.

Jafarr and finally Musica. Guess my tavern luck still sucks even with the new rates, but at least I got her.
Congrats, Musica is an amazing arcana. I wish I had her.

Maybe one day....

orrible

Neo Member
That's weird, I got duplicate rewards. I noticed it when my in-game mail read as 20 items. I checked and, despite only spinning one Premium Ticket, I received two of them. Not only that, but my 70x Prysma was listed twice [so I received 140 of them]. Actually, all of my items [including the stamina fruit, revial fruit, etc.] were doubled.

I got:

Premium Ticket x2
Prysma x140
Stamina Fruit x6
Revival Fruit x20
Robby x2
Kai x2
Tornado x2
Ryubia x4
Arcana Coin x800
Gold x20000

I'm not complaining! I checked the values in-game and they were properly applied. I LB'd Ryubia, Robby, and Kai [since their kizuna is useful], but Tornado was sold for more rings.

Thank you, Gumi mistakes!

Yeah, I got duplicates of all my pre-registration rewards as well. My haul ended up being:

160 Prysma
8 Stamina Fruits
14 Revival Fruits
4 Premium Tickets
10000 Gold
1600 AC
Roy x2
Clauss x2
Ursula x2
Goryu x2

So, thank you Gumi for screwing up in my favor for once.

chrono01

Yeah, I got duplicates of all my pre-registration rewards as well. My haul ended up being:

160 Prysma
8 Stamina Fruits
14 Revival Fruits
4 Premium Tickets
10000 Gold
1600 AC
Roy x2
Clauss x2
Ursula x2
Goryu x2

So, thank you Gumi for screwing up in my favor for once.
Haha, nice!

It makes me wonder if they'll have this fixed soon. Better claim those rewards now!

Rixa

Yup be fast, grab them from inbox.

Colosseum doesnt work. It was my 3rd day in the row I get place 489 rewards. Today I made 4 fights and was actually at 179 place. Iam ok since its prysma range for me. But sucks still.

bonkeng

Yup be fast, grab them from inbox.

Colosseum doesnt work. It was my 3rd day in the row I get place 489 rewards. Today I made 4 fights and was actually at 179 place. Iam ok since its prysma range for me. But sucks still.

Yesterday i was ranked 17 on colo but got 162. Today i ranked 387 but still got 162.

Rixa

Yesterday i was ranked 17 on colo but got 162. Today i ranked 387 but still got 162.

For my alt it worked ok. Dunno if there is some time limit that you need to wait before claiming rewards or otherwise it will take day before rewards.

sasuke_91

Yay, I also got double rewards o/

Is Envy any good for Kizuna or something? I still have an LB1 Envy that I didn't sell yet and got her twice now.

chrono01

Yay, I also got double rewards o/

Is Envy any good for Kizuna or something? I still have an LB1 Envy that I didn't sell yet and got her twice now.
Envy increases old by 10%, as her kizuna ability. As such, it probably won't see a whole lot of use in actual battle, but it's definitely worth keeping around for farming purposes.

As for whether you should LB her or not, it's up to you. It would give more stats to the unit your attach the kizuna to, and Fortune Rings are easy enough to come by now.

bonkeng

time limit appears to be less than 2 minutes now. I'm glad that it happened.

2min sounds about right.

Wastes 2 battles because of it. 1st battle waited 10min, rank didn't go up.

Lucky my next 3 battles got me into prysma range (387). Last battle waited 5min, rank still didn't go up.

Kettch

I tried 89 seconds at the end and it went through alright. Unfortunately I got the rewards from the day before which cost me 20 prysma. Guess I clicked too fast.

elty

If they didn't fix it, then it's actually possible to loop with the challenge recruit. Spend 10 rings, buy 2 Stamina fruit, use stamina to run Monster Extermination in Winged Heights (about 41.25 AC per AP), use AC in challenge recruit and get more rings out of it than you put in at the start.

Only problem is that running the quest that many times is a bit time consuming, but it's a pretty significant profit given the ~15% UR rate number being thrown around for the gacha. Plus you get XP out of it as well.
With 80 ap this only gives about 6500 ac per 10 rings,I guess you will pull ahead but only marginally.

And unlike everyone my rate was 11%, and no deed from 8UR.

Quixzlizx

I'm not getting the challenge pull luck... I've burned over 100k AC so far, only two ring characters. I'm green with envy.

Edit: I also didn't get double rewards

Edit 2: Yes I did, they were listed again beneath the first set, lol

Azusa

Used some prysma and my box is now 140. I hope its enough for a while.

145 rings to get one fox card. She is cute but I don't want to waste more rings on her.
Maybe her kizuna is good but I rolled just to get her. As I know her ability has 4 sec cast and its bad for raids. If only its reduced significantly with her 2nd skill then I'll think again. But whatever she will there until December.

Jealous of that pull, I want the treasure goddess as well!

I pulled enough challenge arcana to MLB Deed and Nina, and I'm just one short of Melfunash. I still have about 240k coins. Not sure if I want to pull anymore since I don't figure she's worth limit breaking? Her AP ability is neat though.

total war's back in jpcc and while it's gives out enhancers, gatcha coins and now Knuckle V2, I still feel like its a drag since it takes too much time to do ~_~

Fishious

What the heck is this "Kizuna" everyone keeps talking about?

It's a system (which will probably be called something else in the global version) that allows you to "equip" characters onto one another. Doing this gives a percentage of the equipped character's stats to the arcana they're equipped to. More importantly, it can give passive abilities. These are usually weaker versions of what that character normally has. As an example, when Toka is kizuna'd to another warrior it apparently gives a weaker wave heal ability to them. Someone that's actually played the Japanese version can probably explain better.

Kettch

By the way, I don't think it's been mentioned here, but I came across JPCC info about some of the more time consuming missions a while back, in case anyone wants to start farming them:

2,000 uses of warrior gets you 4* Vorg
10,000 uses of warrior gets you 5* Lolleta

2,000 uses of knight gets you 4* Dannady
10,000 uses of knight gets you 5* Wayne

2,000 uses of healer gets you 4* Adelle
10,000 uses of healer gets you 4* Arietta

2,000 uses of mage gets you 4* Elemia
10,000 uses of mage gets you 5* Filiana

2,000 uses of archer gets you 4* Philip
10,000 uses of archer gets you 5* Onette

Hopefully it'll be the same for us. Some pretty good characters there. The rainbow team quest line is supposed to give out 7 premium tickets eventually as well.

Top Bottom