• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Vylash

So many blade characters! And all I ever get are spear and mace upgrade cards!

What exactly are arcana coins? At first I thought someone using my leader would grant me more AP to continue on, but I've gotten lots of friend requests, which means I must have been getting summoned a lot, but no AP. So I'm not sure exactly what arcana coins are.
arcana coins let you do regular summons

Elija2

Do any of the later taverns let you do regular summons? I'm overflowing with Arcana coins but I feel like I've gotten all there is to get from the first tavern. I've unlocked two of the later taverns so far but they only take fortune rings.

Teiran

Do any of the later taverns let you do regular summons? I'm overflowing with Arcana coins but I feel like I've gotten all there is to get from the first tavern. I've unlocked two of the later taverns so far but they only take fortune rings.
If you're at a tavern, you can hit the "Top" button next to the row of tavern icons to switch to normal (arcana coin) recruit mode.

Elija2

If you're at a tavern, you can hit the "Top" button next to the row of tavern icons to switch to normal (arcana coin) recruit mode.

Oh, I thought that each tavern had a set of different recruits that you could only recruit there. I guess that's only for the special summons.

gaiadyne

Is Kai a female? The way they refer to "her" is as "he" in the description but in the character quests they were referring to "her" as having a crush on the hero. Also "her" voice sounds like a female's. Mistranslation in description maybe?

Mknzy

Is Kai a female? The way they refer to "her" is as "he" in the description but in the character quests they were referring to "her" as having a crush on the hero. Also "her" voice sounds like a female's. Mistranslation in description maybe?

I think the idea was that she acts like a boy but is a girl. It took a while for people to figure it out.

Pbae

UR and SR rates are up if you want to reroll or blow your prysma.

First roll got me an UR Aludra so that made me marathon to the Sage Tower to roll a Mage team and rolled UR Katya and SR Febrya. Did one roll in the Holy Capital and got a SR Arietta.

5 pulls and 2 UR, 2 SR and 1 3*!

Remember to use all your Prysma before data transfer as I believe they don't transfer.

chrono01

UR and SR rates are up if you want to reroll or blow your prysma.

First roll got me an UR Aludra so that made me marathon to the Sage Tower to roll a Mage team and rolled UR Katya and SR Febrya. Did one roll in the Holy Capital and got a SR Arietta.

5 pulls and 2 UR, 2 SR and 1 3*!

Remember to use all your Prysma before data transfer as I believe they don't transfer.
Insane.

I used four Premium Tickets as well as two 10+1 draws and didn't receive a single UR [only two SR]. My luck, it is awful. :/

Congrats though!

Pbae

Insane.

I used four Premium Tickets as well as two 10+1 draws and didn't receive a single UR [only two SR]. My luck, it is awful. :/

Congrats though!

Ouch. Yeah I'm not going to test my luck anymore and save up for new content and better rates.

On my previous main I did the 10+1 pull and got so many dupes and 3*'s but when I played on the alt acct. and did single pulls, my success was much better for some reason.

What 2 SR did you get?

chrono01

Ouch. Yeah I'm not going to test my luck anymore and save up for new content and better rates.

On my previous main I did the 10+1 pull and got so many dupes and 3*'s but when I played on the alt acct. and did single pulls, my success was much better for some reason.

What 2 SR did you get?
Orienna and Toka.

I did manage Slay as one of my 3*, so I was able to complete his chain quest which earned my Phoena [5*], so it's not all bad. Still, I was hoping for a Parchelle/Arietta, or a Velnar/Yuni/Katya. :/

Pbae

Orienna and Toka.

I did manage Slay as one of my 3*, so I was able to complete his chain quest which earned my Phoena [5*], so it's not all bad. Still, I was hoping for a Parchelle/Arietta, or a Velnar/Yuni/Katya. :/

Orienna is one of the medics I want since she cures poison which decimates my party on occasion.

Did not know you needed Slay for Phoena, I thought you got her as the story progressed :(

chrono01

Orienna is one of the medics I want since she cures poison which decimates my party on occasion.

Did not know you needed Slay for Phoena, I thought you got her as the story progressed :(
Unfortunately no.

Phoena is obtained by completing your first chain quest. The only ones currently in the EN that have a chain quest are Loletta, Slay, and one more. I believe there's 11 total [currently, in the JP version] and completing them all earns your four additional Phoenia so you can fully LB her.

And yeah, Orienna might not be a bad choice when I encounter more poison enemies. I already had Vanessa, although her range isn't the best [although she does heal for A L!], so I might sub Orienna in. We'll see.

Well I like this increased pull event a lot more than the 'increased' chances in Monster Striker now.

Too bad it took so long for me to even collect the 500 Prysma to do the 10+1 pull. Maybe by next year I'll have enough again, lol

Pbae

Well I like this increased pull event a lot more than the 'increased' chances in Monster Striker now.

Too bad it took so long for me to even collect the 500 Prysma to do the 10+1 pull. Maybe by next year I'll have enough again, lol

Lucky! I'm too scared to pull from the holy capital since I think the only decent pulls are the three UR. Will save up rings for decent knight 😄

Zephyl

Here's my friend ID, Friend ID:119167223

I was really lucky and pulled a couple of ultra rares. My personal favorite being Priest Knight Parchelle because she takes less damage each wave and heals all allies at the beginning of each wave. The fact that she can heal herself for stupid amounts of hp as well has saved me many times too.

Screenshot_2015-01-01-13-15-09_zpsrplkdxq_edit_1420147896941.png_zps1at02yap.jpeg

Pbae

Here's my friend ID, Friend ID:119167223

I was really lucky and pulled a couple of ultra rares. My personal favorite being Priest Knight Parchelle because she takes less damage each wave and heals all allies at the beginning of each wave. The fact that she can heal herself for stupid amounts of hp as well has saved me many times too.

That unit is broken and I'm fairly certain that you can beat the current game with just her and two stars easily. I'm trying to roll nympha and her on an alt acct. as we speak

Zephyl

That unit is broken and I'm fairly certain that you can beat the current game with just her and two stars easily. I'm trying to roll nympha and her on an alt acct. as we speak
Oh yeah she totally is, I've unlocked both of her abilities and she's a juggernaut, as long as you don't let anyone breach the wall behind you, she can pretty much solo the game by herself. XD

nynt9

I freaking hate this rerolling bullshit in games like this. Completely puts me off from trying them at all.

Sorry, I know this isn't necessarily specific to this thread but I wanted to vent my frustration, because some of these games look enjoyable but rerolling is just a massive pain, especially with this game.

Oh, that explains it. Thanks.

So, are any of the taverns better than the others?

Depends on what kinds of units you are looking for in terms of the 4 and 5 stars one.

The first one is general, the 2nd is mostly knights, the 3rd is mostly mages. You can see what 4/5 stars you can pull from there.

I believe they all have the same pool of 3 stars pulls though.

Zephyl

Oh, that explains it. Thanks.

So, are any of the taverns better than the others?
It depends, every tavern had their own unique super rates, and ultra rates. Also if you folks decide to add me please tell me your username, because I have like 120+ friend requests and I don't know who is who. >~<.

kulapik

Huh, it looks nice, I might give it a try... Wait a minute... *checks microtransactions *

0.68-73.43€ por elemento

NOPE

Pbae

I freaking hate this rerolling bullshit in games like this. Completely puts me off from trying them at all.

Sorry, I know this isn't necessarily specific to this thread but I wanted to vent my frustration, because some of these games look enjoyable but rerolling is just a massive pain, especially with this game.

I have an acct with two SR if you want to use that instead of doing the reroll grind. Also, the skip button and the 2x&#9193; Are your best friend.

Huh, it looks nice, I might give it a try... Wait a minute... *checks microtransactions *

0.68-73.43€ por elemento

NOPE

The game tosses out them like its candy. And you can pull up to 3 stars with the free currency in-game and the 2-stars ones are pretty viable since you can pull multiples and limit break them.

It depends, every tavern had their own unique rares, super rates, and ultra rates. Also if you folks decide to add me please tell me your username, because I have like 120+ friend requests and I don't know who is who. >~<.

Are you sure each tavern has different rares? I seem to get the same ones regardless of Tavern.

They really need to add in a way to limit break the starter because as is he sucks quite rapidly.

Uthred

The game tosses out them like its candy. And you can pull up to 3 stars with the free currency in-game and the 2-stars ones are pretty viable since you can pull multiples and limit break them.

I wouldnt say that, I dont think the games given away any free premium currency for login like similar games do, as far as I can see the only way to get prysma is to complete the character quests, which a) require you to get the character, b) have it come up as prysma and c) are not repeatable (and I suppose d) it takes five of these for one pull). I actually thought it was fairly stingy with the premium currency

Edit: Amille was a guy?

Pbae

Are you sure each tavern has different rares? I seem to get the same ones regardless of Tavern.

They really need to add in a way to limit break the starter because as is he sucks quite rapidly.

Each tavern has unique 4 and 5* rares but they all share the same pool of 3* s

Zephyl

Sorry, I ment to say unique super/ultra rares. Pbae got it correctly. XD

Haunted

I tried this as the 2D art looked pretty good (and pandering character design aside, it does for the most part).

But the actual game pretty much looks like shit, hate the look in 3D, both in style and quality. The tutorial was long and plodding and tiring and the game mechanics didn't really interest or engage me at any time. :/

This one's a pass, I think.

Salex_

I really like the gameplay, characters, and the story is interesting to me, but the AP regen rate is terrible. It doesn't look like they're going to change that anytime soon since JP has 1 AP per 8 mins as well. Feels like I can barely play the game at this point since leveling takes longer and there's nothing to do without AP.

Pbae

Are there any SR's I should be going for that isn't the treasure girl? Any general consensus?

Any 5*.

If you're willing to grind, try and grind for Nympha as she has an ability that allows you to get 30% bonus for rare chest to drop after you max her out.

Aludra is a great mage that is still very useful in the JP meta game.

Lolleta is the weakest of the bunch in terms of overall use but she unlocks a set of quest that nets you rings and another 5*

I personally just went with the first one I got.

I really the gameplay, characters, and the story is interesting to me, but the AP regen rate is terrible. It doesn't look like they're going to change that anytime soon since JP has 1 AP per 8 mins as well. Feels like I can barely play the game at this point since leveling takes longer and there's nothing to do without AP.

This.

I am really loving this game but the AP (and the bugs) are really shitty.

Alucrid

Banned
Any 5*.

If you're willing to grind, try and grind for Nympha as she has an ability that allows you to get 30% bonus for rare chest to drop after you max her out.

Aludra is a great mage that is still very useful in the JP meta game.

Lolleta is the weakest of the bunch in terms of overall use but she unlocks a set of quest that nets you rings and another 5*

I personally just went with the first one I got.

i just got lolletta, is that other five star any good? i think i'll just stick with her, rerolling was a pain

chrono01

i just got lolletta, is that other five star any good? i think i'll just stick with her, rerolling was a pain
She's not the ideal starter, but she's actually more powerful than Nimpha. What makes Nimpha so wanted is her Treasure ability. Her actual stats are pretty subpar [some 4* are even better than her in that regard], but she's still an irreplaceable unit for her abilities.

You can always go ahead with your Loletta account and just befriend a few Nimpha users. That's what I did [I started with Aludra]. Given her popularity, she's pretty abundant. Re-rolling is definitely a headache on iOS, so I'd say if you get a 5* as your first/second recruit, go ahead with that account.

A bonus of getting Loletta is that she has a chain quest, which unlocks another 5* after completing [Phoena]. Phoena, despite being a Cleric, is a horrible healer, but she's extremely valuable as a sub [once she levels to 60]. In fact, she's pretty much one of the quintessential subs for end-game, even in the Japanese version.

Merun

A side effect of having a UR from the start is that you can befriend other powerful players easily and be picky with them as well.

Ventara

Just learned about this game, and it looks nice. Downloading now on my iPhone. I saw it brought up, but you can reroll in this game? So I can keep doing that until i get a 5* card?

Just learned about this game, and it looks nice. Downloading now on my iPhone. I saw it brought up, but you can reroll in this game? So I can keep doing that until i get a 5* card?

Yep, but it's a bit of a pain since you're forced to do the tutorial every time. Eventually I just stopped with Loletta.

Right now I'm trying to get the final two taverns..I have 4 Super/Ultra rare sword units, I figure going for a high ranking healer or wizard would be good. The better ones seem to be at the very last one. Hope I can manage it before the 4th.

Ventara

Yep, but it's a bit of a pain since you're forced to do the tutorial every time. Eventually I just stopped with Loletta.

Right now I'm trying to get the final two taverns..I have 4 Super/Ultra rare sword units, I figure going for a high ranking healer or wizard would be good. The better ones seem to be at the very last one. Hope I can manage it before the 4th.

Yup, just recruited my 2 freebies and they're both 1 stars. I can definitely see rerolling getting annoying. Also, is this an online-only game? I keep seeing connecting in the top right corner of the screen. Anyways, the game seems fun.

Edit: So I'm guessing for a reroll, I'll have to uninstall/reinstall the game every time?

Top Bottom