• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Mknzy

So I really like the 4* you get out of the New Years Event, it's a good soldier class that I finally replaced my hero with (hard to replace him sience he has a party cost of 0) which leads me to a question, is there any way to limit break your hero character? Or is he just capped at 40 the whole game? I just cleared Chapter 4 and I have never seen another card for him.

Also my luck must suck because even with the increased rate and enough prysma saved up to do a 10+1 summon, I got 3 4* characters and a bunch of 3*. Still to date my only 5* character is my Phoena card I got through an event.

Yup, just recruited my 2 freebies and they're both 1 stars. I can definitely see rerolling getting annoying. Also, is this an online-only game? I keep seeing connecting in the top right corner of the screen. Anyways, the game seems fun.

Edit: So I'm guessing for a reroll, I'll have to uninstall/reinstall the game every time?

Is it the female healer and archer? Cause those are part of the plot and you'll always get them. You'll always get at least a 3 star unit from the premium rolls in the tavern.

You reroll after finishing the tutorial, getting another premium ticket and using them at the tavern.

So I really like the 4* you get out of the New Years Event, it's a good soldier class that I finally replaced my hero with (hard to replace him sience he has a party cost of 0) which leads me to a question, is there any way to limit break your hero character? Or is he just capped at 40 the whole game? I just cleared Chapter 4 and I have never seen another card for him.

Also my luck must suck because even with the increased rate and enough prysma saved up to do a 10+1 summon, I got 3 4* characters and a bunch of 3*. Still to date my only 5* character is my Phoena card I got through an event.

Your hero is capped at 40. Once we get the 2.0 update, I believe he can be upgraded or something like that to a 4 starred unit.

The three starting characters can also be upgraded to 4 star units as well.

Mknzy

Your hero is capped at 40. Once we get the 2.0 update, I believe he can be upgraded or something like that to a 4 starred unit.

The three starting characters can also be upgraded to 4 star units as well.

That is good to know, I have been leveling them still so I can do their story quests, so I am glad that I haven't gotten rid of them. I took my hero out for now, cant wait to see how much better he will be as a 4* character.

Kitoro

Spent 300,000+ gold on beefing up my new 5* Barienna, and now I'm flat broke. Well, just in time for the weekend events!

What's the best way to host images to post here, anyway? Tried tinypic, but that's not working...

Thanks!

That is good to know, I have been leveling them still so I can do their story quests, so I am glad that I haven't gotten rid of them. I took my hero out for now, cant wait to see how much better he will be as a 4* character.

From what I heard, his stats aren't the best, but he still has 0 costs which makes him pretty good for those who haven't been drawing the best cards from the gacha.

Spent 300,000+ gold on beefing up my new 5* Barienna, and now I'm flat broke. Well, just in time for the weekend events!

What's the best way to host images to post here, anyway? Tried tinypic, but that's not working...

Thanks!

I'm using twitter since I usually take a screenshot from my phone and post it there. You can try imgur.

I believe tinypic is banned here.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of which I don't think I ever threw up my friend code here:

B4iSDVPCMAEIXZE.jpg:large

Pbae

Yup, just recruited my 2 freebies and they're both 1 stars. I can definitely see rerolling getting annoying. Also, is this an online-only game? I keep seeing connecting in the top right corner of the screen. Anyways, the game seems fun.

Edit: So I'm guessing for a reroll, I'll have to uninstall/reinstall the game every time?

That's impossible.

I'm fairly certain that you're referring to your two regular rolls that net you a healer and an archer for tutorial purposes.

If you finish the tutorial you'll be gifted 1 premium ticket, 5 stamina fruit, and 10 additional prysma which allows you to pull twice from the premium gatcha.

At that point if you get bad pulls like two 3* , then re-roll.

Is there a link to a cost table?

I have three 5*s but no way to use all three and a full party because of cost, just curious how far out I am.

I consider myself really lucky to have acquired three of them without spending $, but there is a definite downside.

Alucrid

Banned
She's not the ideal starter, but she's actually more powerful than Nimpha. What makes Nimpha so wanted is her Treasure ability. Her actual stats are pretty subpar [some 4* are even better than her in that regard], but she's still an irreplaceable unit for her abilities.

You can always go ahead with your Loletta account and just befriend a few Nimpha users. That's what I did [I started with Aludra]. Given her popularity, she's pretty abundant. Re-rolling is definitely a headache on iOS, so I'd say if you get a 5* as your first/second recruit, go ahead with that account.

A bonus of getting Loletta is that she has a chain quest, which unlocks another 5* after completing [Phoena]. Phoena, despite being a Cleric, is a horrible healer, but she's extremely valuable as a sub [once she levels to 60]. In fact, she's pretty much one of the quintessential subs for end-game, even in the Japanese version.

Thanks for this. I've friended a few Nimphas and got some four star healer. So I'm pretty happy with my rolls so far. I'm probably going to start saving up the rare currency for whenever they decide to do an increased rare drop event now.

Uthred

"Drop" rates really are terrible in this, even during the enhanced drop chance event, with a fair few rolls, only got 3*

Man I feel dumb. I spent a week now with a Steel Bow and not being able to use it, in spite of having Archers that met the requirement.

Today I notice that the Steel Bow is locked. Groan.

That gives me two 5 star units with a maxed A grade weapon. Have a third 5* unit and a couple 4*s but no where near the cost to use them.

Mknzy

Man I feel dumb. I spent a week now with a Steel Bow and not being able to use it, in spite of having Archers that met the requirement.

Today I notice that the Steel Bow is locked. Groan.

That gives me two 5 star units with a maxed A grade weapon. Have a third 5* unit and a couple 4*s but no where near the cost to use them.

I have yet to see any A grade weapons. When do they start to turn up?

chrono01

Thanks for this. I've friended a few Nimphas and got some four star healer. So I'm pretty happy with my rolls so far. I'm probably going to start saving up the rare currency for whenever they decide to do an increased rare drop event now.
Glad I could help!

I just thought I'd mention that Phoena is more of a long-time goal than anything else. You have to clear the entirety of Chapter 1 [up to 10] and complete her quest [which is rather difficult] to unlock her "sub ability". It's not bad to have her early on so you can start leveling her, though, and she'll definitely be used once you get further into the game.

Definitely wait for a rate-up, since the 1.7% chance for a UR isn't exactly favorable. Still, 3.4% isn't great by any means, but you at least have a better chance.

"Drop" rates really are terrible in this, even during the enhanced drop chance event, with a fair few rolls, only got 3*
The UR will increase to 7% in version 2, whenever we get the update. It's probably several months away, though.

I will say this, however. At least the 4* units can be of some use [unlike other titles], and you can sell the 3* ones [after you complete their quests] if you don't need for Fortune Rings, which you can trade in for a Fortune Ring unit. That's not too bad, since even if you don't get a 5* out of your recruitment, you'll still get a bit of worth out of it.

Yaari

Saw mention of this game, going to give it a try! Let's see.

Edit: As someone not satisfied until I get a UR, I guess I am in for a treat. Lol..

I have yet to see any A grade weapons. When do they start to turn up?

Grade A weapons come from gold cards that show up, either from storyline chapters or from those "find 4 random items in a quest and get a reward" non-storyline missions.

Unfortunately I do not remember exactly where I got either of the A grade weapons, but it is around chapter 5 that gold cards start to show at all.

Mknzy

Grade A weapons come from gold cards that show up, either from storyline chapters or from those "find 4 random items in a quest and get a reward" non-storyline missions.

Unfortunately I do not remember exactly where I got either of the A grade weapons, but it is around chapter 5 that gold cards start to show at all.

I just got to chapter 5 so that is good news! Thank you!

Man, I have no idea how am I ever going to make progress in this game.

From having shit luck with the daily quests and event quests to how slow AP regenerates in this game, I spend most of my time doing those quests over and over again.

I'm still in Chapter 2!

Yaari

Got a Lolleta after like 3 rerolls. Not sure if she's good, but its a 5* UR so I guess she can do some damage.

Also I saw mention of increased UR rate in a later version, I guess I should save that Prysma if given any, until that occurs?

If anyone has a free spot for me on their friendlist, my ID is 14,533,460.

Edit: Ah apparently Lolleta isn't too great. Well, too bad. I don't care enough to put much more time into it. I want to play now.

chrono01

Got a Lolleta after like 3 rerolls. Not sure if she's good, but its a 5* UR so I guess she can do some damage.

Also I saw mention of increased UR rate in a later version, I guess I should save that Prysma if given any, until that occurs?

If anyone has a free spot for me on their friendlist, my ID is 14,533,460.

Edit: Ah apparently Lolleta isn't too great. Well, too bad. I don't care enough to put much more time into it. I want to play now.
I tried adding you, but I think you're one number short. Should be 9 numbers, not 8. :(

Yaari

I tried adding you, but I think you're one number short. Should be 9 numbers, not 8. :(

Ah, right. I messed up. Here it is; 124,533,460.

Also, there is a event or something going on with a UR Lindsey. But I guess that's made in a way that you will only get her if you use $$$ to buy good cards? I'm not sure how I should be getting these so-called Rings.

Game has some depth but that's making it somewhat difficult to understand. I'm not sure what I should be doing with all these Fairy Enchanter cards or something.

Also, there is a event or something going on with a UR Lindsey. But I guess that's made in a way that you will only get her if you use $$$ to buy good cards? I'm not sure how I should be getting these so-called Rings.

Game has some depth but that's making it somewhat difficult to understand. I'm not sure what I should be doing with all these Fairy Enchanter cards or something.

The UR Lindsey is obtainable be trading in fortune rings which you get by clearing event quests and other things. Don't worry too much about it though, she'll rotate back in the future if you want her.

On the fairy enchanter cards, you'll notice they have the symbols of the classes on them. You can enhance your units with the same enchanter card to give them a boost of exp and quickly level them up.

Are the chests you get from quests random? Did some of the event SP Quests and I keep getting the same chests. Is there some method I'm missing to get them?

Yaari

The UR Lindsey is obtainable be trading in fortune rings which you get by clearing event quests and other things. Don't worry too much about it though, she'll rotate back in the future if you want her.

On the fairy enchanter cards, you'll notice they have the symbols of the classes on them. You can enhance your units with the same enchanter card to give them a boost of exp and quickly level them up.

I see, thanks.

Is there any way to set my account aside so that I can do more rerolls without it going to waste? I figure I might try a little longer for Nimpha.

chrono01

Alright, will add you shortly [Chrono in-game].

And what dakkumauji said.

As for saving your account, you can set up a Transfer Code for the account you want to save [it's good for two weeks, I believe] to restore your account if you want to delete/start over.

Are the chests you get from quests random? Did some of the event SP Quests and I keep getting the same chests. Is there some method I'm missing to get them?

If the quest has those question marks under them, the chests are not random but from one of those four choices which will reveal themselves once you get it once.

Makes farming a lot easier once you find out which quest drops what.

Generally, repeatable quests (so not story or character quests) have fixed rewards.

Yaari

Managed to reroll a Nimpha. So I'll probably continue with that account instead. Sorry for anyone that added me, if you can delete me and add this one instead I'd be happy.

chrono01

Managed to reroll a Nimpha. So I'll probably continue with that account instead. Sorry for anyone that added me, if you can delete me and add this one instead I'd be happy.

Sure thing.

I'll delete/add you again shortly.

oh, just readd me then, lol

Also, I'll never get all the drops for the event blade weapon quest :E

Azusa

How far in are you? I don't really have plans with my Lolletta, you can try to see if the code works because I wrote it down.

Thanks, but I think I'm fine. I'll get some URs in the future so I don't mind my all 3* party.

Mknzy

Thanks, but I think I'm fine. I'll get some URs in the future so I don't mind my all 3* party.

I started with 3* characters and I am doing fine still. I just cleared the first part of chapter 5 and my only 5* character I am not even using right now while I level her up in the background. They are nice to have, but it's not impossible to do well without one.

Yaari

I saw mention of Limit Break. This takes 5 of the same cards right, is this what upgrades a character in rarity?

Also I was upgrading my 5*, does it make a difference what I enhance her with, or can I just drop anything on her, I realize some stuff gives more exp to other classes, but I just mean I can't really mess it up right?

And I saw mention of Version 2.0, but I guess we there isnt really an ETA for that eh?

I saw mention of Limit Break. This takes 5 of the same cards right, is this what upgrades a character in rarity?

Also I was upgrading my 5*, does it make a difference what I enhance her with, or can I just drop anything on her, I realize some stuff gives more exp to other classes, but I just mean I can't really mess it up right?

And I saw mention of Version 2.0, but I guess we there isnt really an ETA for that eh?

Limit breaks is fusing the same character together and it gives a boost in stats and increase their level cap by 5 for each time, up to a max of 4 times.

You can use whatever to rank up your characters, but using different classes only gives about I think 90% of the exp you would have gotten if you were using the same class.

2.0 will probably take a year to come here, lol

Elija2

There's a Chain Chronicle 2.0? What did they add in that version? And why didn't we get the latest version too?

There's a Chain Chronicle 2.0? What did they add in that version? And why didn't we get the latest version too?

From what I heard:
Increased gacha rates (I think like currently it's a 1.4% to about 8% for 5 stars units)
More quests (including ones that give you upgraded cards of the hero and the three starting units you get in the tutorial)
Fortune Ring gacha (use 5 fortune rings for a pull)
An upgraded Arcana Coins gacha (2k coins for a summon for better units)
I heard knights get buffed to so they won't basically be slower warriors, lol

Probably cause gumi is like that.

Azusa

Every Japanese mobile game is like that. English version of PAD, Love Live and Monster Strike started from beginning also.

Vylash

From what I heard:
Increased gacha rates (I think like currently it's a 1.4% to about 8% for 5 stars units)
More quests (including ones that give you upgraded cards of the hero and the three starting units you get in the tutorial)

JP also has missions which are super cool, i get hella prysma from those

Elija2

From what I heard:

Nice to hear they made the rates not shit. Too bad it'll probably take a year for us to get the update though.

And oops, I'm pretty sure I got rid of all my starting units.

Nice to hear they made the rates not shit. Too bad it'll probably take a year for us to get the update though.

And oops, I'm pretty sure I got rid of all my starting units.

Your three starting units pop up again time to time in the arcana coins gacha.

Yaari

So I have 4 copies of a card I don't really intend to use, any point in going for a Limit Break at all then? Or should I use them to feed towards my main team? I guess there's a quest for having 1 card, but do the other 3 serve any purpose?

I'm constantly past the limit of allowed cards so I guess I am doing something wrong and am keeping too many cards around.

Mknzy

So I have 4 copies of a card I don't really intend to use, any point in going for a Limit Break at all then? Or should I use them to feed towards my main team? I guess there's a quest for having 1 card, but do the other 3 serve any purpose?

I'm constantly past the limit of allowed cards so I guess I am doing something wrong and am keeping too many cards around.

I have used some Prysma to boost my limit for my cards to 75 at this point so I understand *laughs*

The only thing I would say is that each character has a story quest or two that you can do and some require you to level that character up. If you are trying to see all the story quests, then I would check the characters page in the menu to see if they have had all their quests completed before you sell them off. Most of the 1 and 2 star characters only have one, but some have as many as 3 that require you to level them up to 40 to see all of, such as the 3 starter 1* characters. If they are rare units, I would recommend selling them for Fortune Rings twords a 5*, if they are lower I would use them as enhancement fodder for characters you ARE using.

Yaari

I have used some Prysma to boost my limit for my cards to 75 at this point so I understand *laughs*

The only thing I would say is that each character has a story quest or two that you can do and some require you to level that character up. If you are trying to see all the story quests, then I would check the characters page in the menu to see if they have had all their quests completed before you sell them off. Most of the 1 and 2 star characters only have one, but some have as many as 3 that require you to level them up to 40 to see all of, such as the 3 starter 1* characters. If they are rare units, I would recommend selling them for Fortune Rings twords a 5*, if they are lower I would use them as enhancement fodder for characters you ARE using.

Ah, definitely going to look into that then, the 40 limit is really annoying.
Guess I will feed away anything that I don't plan on using once I'm done with the quest.
There's this "All Out with Yolde" quest that apparently only appears today, I'd like to clear it.

Totally getting my ass kicked but Chrono's Aludra is insane, so thus far I cleared 2 out of 3 of the quests.

Mknzy

Guess I will feed away anything that I don't plan on using once I'm done with the quest.
There's this "All Out with Yolde" quest that apparently only appears today, I'd like to clear it.

Totally getting my ass kicked but Chrono's Aludra is insane, so thus far I cleared 2 out of 3 of the quests.

It does get more challenging. I didn't have too much trouble with Chapter 4, and I only cleared the last part of the first piece of Chapter 5 by the skin of my teeth. I seem to be able to cover up to about level 22 quests comfortably right now, higher than that is a struggle. I have cleared one level 29 with my team, but I will admit I had to revive once on the boss.

The last part of Yolde's quest almost overwhelmed me, lol

I only managed to survived by having two healers and using my archer to block the boss from reaching the end of the line.

I knew I shouldn't have used Chrono's Aludra at the first part of the quest!

chrono01

Yeah, if you're intending on doing all of the story quests for each individual unit, check the "Allies" section in the Main Menu first before selling. If you see an unfilled "gem" below their picture, that means they still have a quest and you should keep them around. If not, feel free to sell them.

That being said, a few of the 2* are pretty helpful, especially for Titan's Cave. Those being 2* Latty and Dusty. When you fully LB them, they can be decent units, considering they get a stat increase for being a 2* [in the Titan's Cave challenge map]. The rest of the 1*/2* are only good for their quests, though.

I'm glad to hear my Aludra is helping you. I'll hopefully upgrade her weapon to an A Rank soon. I have need to find one. >_<

The last part of Yolde's quest almost overwhelmed me, lol

I only managed to survived by having two healers and using my archer to block the boss from reaching the end of the line.

I knew I shouldn't have used Chrono's Aludra at the first part of the quest!
I'm not sure what causes the game to refresh the Friend List, if it's a timed base thing or the other user logging in.

I'll try to log in more frequently to see if that causes me to show up on your list more.

Top Bottom