• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Not being American and thus more than likely not being aware of a great deal of context, it's baffling to me how monuments of the Confederacy were even allowed to be built in the first place.

It stood for all the wrong human values, it's symbols shouldn't be proudly displayed anywhere that's not a museum or library.
You should see what we carved into a mountain on some Indian lands in South Dakota.

The south is a cesspool of hatred. Wouldn't go there if paid to.

Can we split them off again please?
I'd feel bad for their urban centers. Many are deep blue pockets in seas of red and if Trump's Nazis had their way those pockets would be torn to shreds.

megalowho

This has been around way longer than Trump. This identity has been apart of America since 1776 and before the creation of this country really. It's what happens when a country doesn't address is fundamental issues but instead brushes them aside repeatedly.
Not belittling the history, just reacting to the moment that's taking place right now. Every country with free speech will have shit views on the fringes, but a leader like Trump who provides implicit support emboldens white supremacists with the veneer of credibility. David Duke saying that today's rally fulfills the promises of Donald Trump says it all, his election has been a flash point for their ideology.

benjipwns

Banned
Richard Spencer is literally streaming a video on twitter right now from a hotel room or something, he's not arrested. Says he's coming back to make the militarized police and their communist allies look even worse and this was a great day and victory.

States rights. These men were heroes for many.

Yeah, Robert Lee and Stonewall Jackson are from the area around Charlottesville. And they're revered as almost god like figures by many confederates/conservatives.

Charlottesville is a natural target because it's a liberal area surrounded by conservatives who revere said figures.

cdyhybrid

He just tweeted twelve minutes ago.

edit: he tweeted an hour ago a video leaving the city in a car, he got maced

he says the militarized police did it
That's pretty funny considering said militarized police are probably largely made up of his Nazi friends.

LiK

Yeah, Robert Lee and Stonewall Jackson are from the area around Charlottesville. And they're revered as almost god like figures by many confederates/conservatives.

Charlottesville is a natural target because it's a liberal area surrounded by conservatives who revere said figures.

So basically a monument to white nationalists. Can't wait for that statue to be torn down asap.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
i6jfkuc.jpg

Wait, cops already let him go?

III-V

I'd feel bad for their urban centers. Many are deep blue pockets in seas of red and if Trump's Nazis had their way those pockets would be torn to shreds.

This is very true, the south is not all racist. Here in Florida, we are actually a very diverse population, particularly in the urban centers. I am from the south, and when I visited Ohio was was literally shocked how racist af it was.

yaaaas

bchamba

This is all because blacks keep racism alive by continuing to use the N word right? If they would stop using it racism would be over.

Not belittling the history, just reacting to the moment that's taking place right now. Every country with free speech will have shit views on the fringes, but a leader like Trump who provides implicit support emboldens white supremacists with the veneer of credibility. David Duke saying that today's rally fulfills the promises of Donald Trump says it all, his election has been a flash point for their ideology.

Even Donald himself is simply a cumulation of decades upon decades of this shit

benjipwns

Banned
Spencer wasn't arrested, just roughed up by the MILITARIZED POLICE then released.

I am quoting him from a live stream he just did on twitter.

Slayven

One of the absolute biggest reasons these folks are so embiggen is because an even larger portion of America are okay with it because they're scared to have conversations/confront folks around them, but stay lecturing minorities (ESPECIALLY black folks) on what how THEY need to approach white supremacists.

You give these folks free pass to do this shit when say shit like "it's 2017…" like no shit it's 2017 and black folks are still fighting the same fight we've been fighting dive we got off ships, so stop pointing out the year as if this is a one off.

Folks will go camp with a den of lions, but scared to talk to other white folks about racism.

Yep

III-V

basically, yeah.

Twitter made it sound like there were confusing reports he was arrested. Apparently he was attacking some cops alongside other protestors. I wouldn't be surprised if people thought he was getting arrested based off that photo and the cops just let him off with a pat on the back.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This is great, considering everything great their former owner stood for.
So glad the Wings organization was so swift to denounce this... The Illitch's are gonna sue their asses so hard. I'm still baffled at how the Red Wings logo has any affiliation with these shit heads. I've never seen it used in anything except hockey.

Beartruck

Not being American and thus more than likely not being aware of a great deal of context, it's baffling to me how monuments of the Confederacy were even allowed to be built in the first place.

It stood for all the wrong human values, it's symbols shouldn't be proudly displayed anywhere that's not a museum or library.
Back then, I believe the Vice president was the person of the opposite party who lost the election. So when Lincoln died, we got basically reverse Lincoln, who swept allll that shit under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom