• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Hm. Not that great tbh although Peace Walker for half off is making me regret buying it a few weeks ago at full price and hating it, lmao.

DanganRonpa for £15 tho. No idea why these games are that expensive but I might bite.
In what universe is 15£ expensive? Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm not liking that one bit - it looks as confusing as hell!

It's honestly not confusing at all, you send them the link to the price you've found then roughly 24 hours later they come back and tell you if they managed to beat it.

I can understand some people not wanting to use it, but they have generally beaten Amazon prices quickly.

Saphirax

Anyone who buys from thegamecollection and isn't in the UK, suddenly has to pay VAT? I've just noticed that all the prices on TGC increased.

TBiddy

Hello fellow Europeans.

Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy D3 - Evil Edition for XB1? Looking at the Danish MS Store it's 53,71£... which seems kinda expensive to me :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just bought an Xbox One -

Wheres the cheapest place to purchase:

12 months live

Plug & Play kit

Decent headset or the adapter

Hello fellow Europeans.

Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy D3 - Evil Edition for XB1? Looking at the Danish MS Store it's 53,71£... which seems kinda expensive to me :)

What about local danish stores? Here in sweden I can see it on places like webhallen for around 40 euros.

Phoenixus

Any chance for Kingdom hearts 1.5 less than £15? 2.8 has me wanting to replay the series but my budget is razer-thin at the moment. :/

TheWarlord

Neo Member
Thanks!

Get a 14 day trial, guessing they won't stack and I should add the year AFTER the trials done? Because my PSN trial didnt stack

Xbox Live Gold trials don't give you access to Games with Gold, only multiplayer. So it's best to get a subscription from the start so you don't miss on the games.

Jockel

Anybody find a good deal on Ultra Despair Girls for Vita? Cheapest I could find was 40€, which seems a bit high for a game where I'm not sold on the mechanics.

Hasney

Anybody find a good deal on Ultra Despair Girls for Vita? Cheapest I could find was 40€, which seems a bit high for a game where I'm not sold on the mechanics.

No, and I wouldn't count on finding one as they hold their value pretty damn well. If you don't have to have physical, I'd keep your eyes on PSN sales in the future as that's where the price goes down. The physical version of the original is double the price of the PSN version most places.

Any chance for Kingdom hearts 1.5 less than £15? 2.8 has me wanting to replay the series but my budget is razer-thin at the moment. :/

Hmm, I'll see if I can scrounge up a voucher or two. Ta!

Base had 1.5hd remix for £10.99 and 2.5 for £12.99 a couple months ago when I bought them, maybe if you wait a bit it'll come back?

Hasney

Base had 1.5hd remix for £10.99 and 2.5 for £12.99 a couple months ago when I bought them, maybe if you wait a bit it'll come back?

Yeah, I was looking at HotUKDeals and Game Collection and Gameseek had them around that price.... But they're both totally sold out now. Wondering if the print run is coming close to an end.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member

If it follows the example of the previous DR games, it'll get some pretty good PSN sale offers a bit down the line. I can't imagine they printed too many copies, so would be surprised to see many discounts there...

Phoenixus

Yeah I saw that on HotUkDeals, sucks I missed them. :/ I'd wait but have next week off so I'll have time to play them before Christmas. :p

Why on Earth is MK7 so cheap from them?

Is there a reason they seem to have insane deals on stuff?
I wouldn't swear to it but I think they buy them off people who got them in bundles. MK7 is frequently bundled as either an on-console download or as a download code in 3DS bundles. Many of the games they have for sale super cheap are games that were previously included in digital bundles.

SuperSah

Banned
I wouldn't swear to it but I think they buy them off people who got them in bundles. MK7 is frequently bundled as either an on-console download or as a download code in 3DS bundles. Many of the games they have for sale super cheap are games that were previously included in digital bundles.

Would that open you to risk to receiving a used code?

Would that open you to risk to receiving a used code?
I don't think so. I've bought many codes from them any none of them have ever been used. If there was an issue I imagine you'd be able to bring it up with Customer Service and if for whatever reason they don't listen to you (doubtful as many on here say they're very good) you could just chargeback via Paypal or your bank.

Lashley

Xbox Live Gold trials don't give you access to Games with Gold, only multiplayer. So it's best to get a subscription from the start so you don't miss on the games.
Good call.

Anyone know any good deals for Zoo Tycoon and Mad Max on X1? Or would it be cheaper to purchase them digitally from a different region.

Recharg3

Nintendo has the following on their site:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes + T-Shirt for £34.99

TGC have the game at £27.95 but a good deal if you include the t-shirt

Recharg3

Good call.

Anyone know any good deals for Zoo Tycoon and Mad Max on X1? Or would it be cheaper to purchase them digitally from a different region.

the singapore store had 20% off their digital codes for the past week you just missed out on that :-(

Gameseek have Mad Max at £35 at the moment though

can't see anything for Zoo Tycoon might be cheaper to go digital with that one.

Lashley

the singapore store had 20% off their digital codes for the past week you just missed out on that :-(

Gameseek have Mad Max at £35 at the moment though

can't see anything for Zoo Tycoon might be cheaper to go digital with that one.
Yeah missed out by a day:(

Got mad max cheap on EBay

illusionary

Not exactly "cheap", but the Xenoblade Chronicles X LE is now available from GAME for UK customers, at £59.99: http://www.game.co.uk/en/xenoblade-chronicles-x-limited-edition-only-at-game-806697

Apparently it'll be exclusive to them and the Nintendo online store.

Also, Speedy Hen have various CE (hardback) guides up for pre-order at £12.90: http://www.speedyhen.com/StoreFront/Search?Author=Prima+Games&pg=1

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Star Wars Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and Black Ops III are all included.

Most also have standard editions available at £10.35.

Despite using an U.S. address for ordering?

I didn't even get that far, kicked me out before checkout! I've used them loads of times before so this is definitely a new development.

So I tried PCGameSupply because people in this thread told me they didn't do that hidden-fee bullshit any more and they tried to charge me a £4.49 hidden fee at the checkout page! Fuck those guys. I hope that website dies and goes to hell.

Amazon doesn't even work with Hola, so it's not tracking by IP. It looks like it's tied to the country of your account so you can either change that and fuck up all your Kindle/Prime stuff, or start a new account I guess?

I didn't even get that far, kicked me out before checkout! I've used them loads of times before so this is definitely a new development.

So I tried PCGameSupply because people in this thread told me they didn't do that hidden-fee bullshit any more and they tried to charge me a £4.49 hidden fee at the checkout page! Fuck those guys. I hope that website dies and goes to hell.

Amazon doesn't even work with Hola, so it's not tracking by IP. It looks like it's tied to the country of your account so you can either change that and fuck up all your Kindle/Prime stuff, or start a new account I guess?

I have a separate account (using a borderlinx US adress) for US digitals so I am safe then I suppose?

Probably, you might get the new "you're shopping from the UK" prompt next time you buy but you can just skip it and tell them you're in the US with no issues.

I did that last night and changed the country back no problem on amazon.co.uk afterwards.

Yeah that seems easy enough (and it accepts it) but it's a little concerning, I don't wanna mess up my Kindle library and stuff by switching around all the time!

Setting up a new account looks like it's worked though, maybe. The item is "pending verification" which I guess is because it's a digital code on a new account. Who knows what'll happen now. If they check my card address I'm done for because it does not match the Borderlinx address I gave them! But I've ordered using that card/address combo loads of times.

All I want is that stupid Omega Quintet RPG and this is the pain I have to go through.

Order accepted! That was tense.

So yeah, if you want PSN credit on amazon.com now you can still do it, there's just an extra hoop to jump through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom