• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Looks like it's every game that Amazon sells directly that can no longer be bought, I get no error when looking at games that are merely fulfilled by Amazon.

I posted a question and saw another one there already from a Spanish user, I'll post here if I hear anything back.

VPIFr.jpg

It's not. Witcher 3 and Halo 5 are from them but will ship.

Eolz

Pretty shitty from Amazon UK if they don't allow imports anymore, especially for older games since they usually have good stock and prices for those.
Hope we get some clarification soon.

Lucreto

I got a reply from Amazon

I understand your concern regarding the delivery of the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection to Ireland.

I have checked your order and can confirm that your order has been placed successfully will surely be delivered to Ireland.

Further to your email, I personally checked on the website and found that indeed it was showing that the item "cannot" be delivered to Ireland. I went ahead to discus this with my colleagues and when I came back, I realised that it was then showing that "can" be delivered.

So there is definitely some technical issue with our website and I have reported the same to our internal department so that they can look into this and fix this.

Regarding your order I can confirm that it will be delivered. I would suggest you to please check the website after 48 hours as we expect that the issue will get resolved by then.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Just a technical issue.

Tizoc

Anyone know where to get
Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods+Resurrection of F Bluray
Mad Max FR Steelbook

For cheap?
Base.com has the DBZ movies in one pack releasing during October but I'd like a cheaper option if possible.

illusionary

I can't link it, but Shopto are now bettering yesterday's Amazon price for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (albeit without screen protector), at £9.85.

They've also got a load of amiibo for £9.85. I'm tempted to get Marth to go with Code Name S.T.E.A.M....

And yeah, this news around non-EU shipping from Amazon.co.uk isn't impressive... I'm hoping that my order for Xenoblade Chronicles X from Amazon.de is still safe...

And yeah, this news around non-EU shipping from Amazon.co.uk isn't impressive... I'm hoping that my order for Xenoblade Chronicles X from Amazon.de is still safe...

After the whole US PSN credit issue I had last week, I'm wondering if this is maybe a proper crack-down across all of amazon

There's a pattern of Amazon (UK) going further anti-consumer.

- orders over £25 used to get free shipping for a good deal of EU countries
- they didn't charge country-specific VAT for EU countries until a couple of years ago.
- standard shipping takes longer to arrive (even though we actually pay for it now)
- now this crap.

Amazon UKs gone to complete shit over the last year or so even as a UK person.

First they raised the free shipping (something which like every other site has free) from £10 to £20, and then they slowed the fuck down out of that shipping, I used to have items shipped same/next day and received them a day or max 2 after that.

Now I'm extremely lucky if it ships in the same week.

Every other site I order from even with free shipping I get everything next day or day after.

Amazons UKs prices aren't even very good anymore.

I used to order something every week with them back in the day, nowadays I barely use them a couple times a year.

Now they've got, worse delivery times, slower shipping, more expensive shipping, and meh okay prices compared to other sites.

Only thing good about them anymore is their selection, and how easy their returns are.

illusionary

When I've had items from Amazon UK recently, it's typically been via a Flubit demand rather than direct; either that's had an impact or I've been lucky, as shipping/delivery has typically be prompt. I ordered Code Name S.T.E.A.M. from Amazon directly and it was dispatched yesterday (Friday) and will probably arrive today, by the looks of it - but we'll see.

I still need at some point to start making a few more direct orders with them, though, as I've an excessive amount of gift card credit needing using... though I suppose that Marketplace resellers might also be a good opportunity to use it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are Amazon UK reliable for pre-orders? I ordered the Uncharted Collection from them today.

illusionary

Are Amazon UK reliable for pre-orders? I ordered the Uncharted Collection from them today.

I've rarely ordered with them directly, but Flubited items coming from them have been on-time. I've also read others' experiences where items arrive promptly for release. They have their own couriers, so can readily pick the date of delivery.

Yasawas

They're no thegamecollection, no. Even when I had Prime a few of mine were Saturday deliveries and Smash Bros was a Monday. I complained about the latter and they sent me another copy (!?) which is further evidence of their recent slide into incompetence but at least in a profitable way.

Hasney

I cancelled Prime with them after they screwed up Mario Kart. Had another game come on the Saturday after, Persona Q on a Sunday.

Put it this way, they allegedly sent a note to Royal Mail asking them to hold copies of FIFA 16 for a day because they sent them too early.

I cancelled Prime with them after they screwed up Mario Kart. Had another game come on the Saturday after, Persona Q on a Sunday.

Put it this way, they allegedly sent a note to Royal Mail asking them to hold copies of FIFA 16 for a day because they sent them too early.
I've never had a game on release date or early from Amazon TBH. I think the last thing I even tried to get from them was Pokemon X and they not only missed launch date, it arrived on Monday (game was out on Friday but had early release at game on Thursday)

Never again for pre-orders tbh.

What are GameSeek like for delivery? IIRC they are like TGC and Simply. I paid the extra £1 for First Class just to be sure, I was forced to order from them because they're the only place that has the Uncharted Collection Special Edition (GAME doesn't count lol).

Hasney

What are GameSeek like for delivery? IIRC they are like TGC and Simply. I paid the extra £1 for First Class just to be sure, I was forced to order from them because they're the only place that has the Uncharted Collection Special Edition (GAME doesn't count lol).

Yeah, I've only used them a couple of times, but I'd put them on that same level in my experience as long as you do pay for first class.

camo

Went to my local ASDA (Swansea) and there wasn't any indication of any games being reduced. Gutted :(

I went into 4 stores. Of that 4 only one had the actual games on the shelves. Unfortunately you have to seek out the tech counter and get them to root through the games they have in the drawers.

I just happened to see this deal, but was wary.

Are these sites legit?

Nuuvem is as legit as you can get and has the best prices most of the time.
The thing is that you'll need to use a vpn for a lot of purchases since the game might not be available for people outside Brazil or South America.

No matter how I spin it I don't see myself being able to afford a PS4 any time soon.
I've been doing most of my gaming on PC for a while but now with the Uncharted collection about to release it really bothers me that I can't play it since I'm a huge fan of the franchise, I hope I can afford it by the time UC4 is released, not being able to play that one would really sting.

NateDog

Completely forgot to mention it here for EireGAF, Xtra-Vision / HMV are doing all DS4s apart from the 20th Anniversary edition for €50 until either this or next Thursday in-store (coinciding with FIFA release, just they didn't really decide to tell anyone).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ryse is £8 on Steam, think I have to add it to my backlog at that price.

NateDog

EireGAF, any of you use ParcelMotel to get stuff from places like the Nintendo Store? I have the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 3DS XL on order from Smyths but noticed the Nintendo Store have a nice pack with a few extras in it for roughly the same price and I think my girlfriend would love stuff like that (and a case and extra adapter will always be handy) but I'm not sure exactly how it works in terms of the "lockers" and stuff and the places you pick things up from. Also do bundles like these ever tend to sell out on the Nintendo store close to release or anything?

EireGAF, any of you use ParcelMotel to get stuff from places like the Nintendo Store? I have the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 3DS XL on order from Smyths but noticed the Nintendo Store have a nice pack with a few extras in it for roughly the same price and I think my girlfriend would love stuff like that (and a case and extra adapter will always be handy) but I'm not sure exactly how it works in terms of the "lockers" and stuff and the places you pick things up from. Also do bundles like these ever tend to sell out on the Nintendo store close to release or anything?

I've used ParcelMotel before to get something from Argos UK and it was really easy. The site lets you pick the closest locker to you and they're all over the place. Cheap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom