• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they still sell to outside of EU, just not to EU countries :|

Try Germany, Italy or something

Works just fine (Croatia here).
Example:
Witcher 3 PS4
Item: 36.45GBP
Postage&Packing: 3.93GBP
ORDER TOTAL: 40.38 GBP

Make sure the item you're looking at is "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon", not a 3rd party seller (they can have country restrictions, etc.)

edit: also, it plainly says: "This item can be delivered to Croatia" just below the above sentence. ;)

So that we're all on the same page, try this game, sold by amazon, to your EU address.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V374ROO/

x613Qwp.png

EDIT: Witcher 3 works for some reason, to Germany as well, but it's pretty much the only one I can find

what the hell

So that we're all on the same page, try this game, sold by amazon, to your EU address.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V374ROO/

EDIT: Witcher 3 works for some reason, to Germany as well, but it's pretty much the only one I can find

what the hell
Dafuq? Yea, Danganronpa won't work.

"There was a problem with some of the items in your order."
"Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address."
o_O

First time I'm seeing this. NISA fucking around or what? ...

Intel_89

I tried to order Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and it says they won't ship it to Portugal, so yeah, either someone fucked up or there's gonna be some changes around Amazon UK.

Gambit

I tried to order Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and it says they won't ship it to Portugal, so yeah, either someone fucked up or there's gonna be some changes around Amazon UK.

same with Codename Steam to Germany. Policy change or fuck-up? I actually fear it is the former.

I don't order there often but it would suck to lose options.

I sent an email to customer support, would be cool if some of you could do the same so we get to the bottom of this

mclem

I wonder how things will go with me? I'm in the UK but I frequently have things delivered to France or even New Zealand. What's the point in the process where it starts to say 'you can't do this'?

I wonder how things will go with me? I'm in the UK but I frequently have things delivered to France or even New Zealand. What's the point in the process where it starts to say 'you can't do this'?

When you select your shipping address that is outside the UK

AwRJXQo.png

nGwUuk1.png

Well, this raises considerably more questions than it answers.

No I think I figured it out, games are only sold to the UK or non-EU countries.

US, Norway, New Zealand, Switzerland: works

Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Malta: nope

It's a very specific list of countries, which is worrying

mclem

For now, I'd simply assume a bug rather than a change in policy, because the item restrictions page still says games are fine in the EU - and you'd assume that an explicit policy change would update that.

Still very odd, though.

(As an aside, I find this unreasonably amusing:)
vkEsjtX.png

Hasney

Unless you want Witcher 3!

(As an aside, I find this unreasonably amusing:)
vkEsjtX.png
Good. It would be terribly uncouth to send our tea away.

Crumpets seem fine though...

Is this Amazon pushing EU users to buy at their country's Amazons? Germans should buy at Amazon.de, Italians at .it , etc. ?
This is ludicrous however you put it...

Hasney

Is this Amazon pushing EU users to buy at their country's Amazons? Germans should buy at Amazon.de, Italians at .it , etc. ?

It's not happening the other way right now. I can buy games from any European Amazon site.

For now, I'd simply assume a bug rather than a change in policy, because the item restrictions page still says games are fine in the EU - and you'd assume that an explicit policy change would update that.
That list is never accurate, deliveries to the US and Canada always worked but they're not on the list.

Kind of sucks for people without local amazons though right?
Especially Ireland lol

Heartfyre

From my wishlist, only Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze will ship to Ireland. So they ship to my island, but not to my country. Very strange.

It has to be a bug, because there's no reason for this.

There's a pattern of Amazon (UK) going further anti-consumer.

- orders over £25 used to get free shipping for a good deal of EU countries
- they didn't charge country-specific VAT for EU countries until a couple of years ago.
- standard shipping takes longer to arrive (even though we actually pay for it now)
- now this crap.

AerialAir

Banned
Well, here in Portugal we pay 5€ for shipping from amazon.es, yet I live closer to their dispatch center than a lot of other Spanish towns, but they have free shipping, we pay high prices. That's NOT how you influence your customers to buy from the closest Amazon.

NateDog

Dude the fuck? I know some of you guys have been having issues with their changes recently, I've actually stopped buying from them for a while (more out of chance than a direct decision) but this is ridiculous if true. Amazon Ireland start up plz.

Seriously though I hope it's just a random issue but I'm doubting it, I noticed a lot of stuff I looked at that was dispatched by Amazon in the last month or so said they wouldn't ship to Ireland and a lot of it was basics like toys and music.

popo

- they didn't charge country-specific VAT for EU countries until a couple of years ago.
- standard shipping takes longer to arrive (even though we actually pay for it now)
- now this crap.

It is called running a business, Son.

Hardware (Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.)

Xbox One 500GB Console with FIFA 16
- Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Croatia

Xbox One Limited Edition 1TB Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle and a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
- This item can be delivered to Croatia

WTF? o_O

Xbox One Limited Edition 1TB Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle and a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition

WTF? o_O
Amazon just wants you to have the Premium Xbox Experience.

- now this crap.

Most of those can be put down to the government/UK public realising what a shitshow Amazon UK was running. It's easy to have competitive prices and not charge country specific VAT when you're pocketing the VAT through loopholes rather than paying the it to the (UK) government.

In 2014, Amazon UK made >£4.3billion but only paid £4.3million in tax. Now they actually apply VAT law properly (Uh, or at least, slightly more than they used to...) following UK and EU regulations, rather than just effectively charging everything at 20% (for UK sales) and using whichever tax haven they were putting on the books to pocket the extra. This allowed for them to make it seem like shipping and such was free, when that's where they were actually paying for it from.

Basically don't use amazon if you don't like the policies :/

Hasney

WTF? o_O

It's gotta be a bug at this point. Either that, or you gotta have that bigger hard drive.

Neither of these things are sustainable for any business. Be realistic.

They're not a charity.

Lucreto

I hope it's just a system error, I live in Ireland and I get 99% of my games, DVD's, book and cds from Amazon.

I will email them later and I might make a thread depending on the answer.

I still get free shipping for orders over a certain amount from Amazon France and Germany.

I get free shipping from Zavvi.

"Free", lol. Nothing in commercial business is free, it's just a different way of saying the shipping costs are calculated into the price of the product. Shipping from France and Germany to Belgium also isn't as expensive as it is from the UK to Belgium (.fr and .de might even have warehouses there).

"Free", lol. Nothing in commercial business is free, it's just a different way of saying the shipping costs are calculated into the price of the product. Shipping from France and Germany to Belgium also isn't as expensive as it is from the UK to Belgium (.fr and .de might even have warehouses there).

Obviously I was referring to the total price of an order, shipping included. Amazon UK just started charging more ever since they 'dropped the free shipping'. I used to pay £20 for a game, now I pay £20 + 3. £3 price increase basically. That price increase isn't there yet at Amazon Germany and France.

As for the warehouse thing. Amazon actually has an exchange center in Charleroi, Belgium. Both German, French and UK packages are all first sent there before they are rerouted to my place.

Then shop at zavvi?

Having multiple options is always better. Don't hear any UK people complaining here.

Phinor

Well I would consider Zavvi shipping free. They have the same prices for everyone even if some of the shipping is included in item prices already.

Meanwhile for example Bookdepository advertises "free worldwide delivery" but their item pricing is country specific. A book that costs an UK person £6 might cost me £15. A board game that costs 30€ to ship to Germany costs me 70€. That's some free shipping, eh. I'd call what Bookdepository is doing illegal but what do I know. At least with Zavvi everyone has the same base pricing and most countries get shipping "for free" on top of that.

Looks like it's every game that Amazon sells directly that can no longer be bought, I get no error when looking at games that are merely fulfilled by Amazon.

I posted a question and saw another one there already from a Spanish user, I'll post here if I hear anything back.

VPIFr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom