• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celine

adada.jpg

For Gamescom visitors:

Xbox One 500GB
+ 2 controllers
+ Doom
+ GTA 5
+ Fallout 4
+ Halo 5 OR Forza 6 OR Rise of the Tomb Raider OR Rare Replay

Price: 222 EUR.

Available at Saturn (only in Cologne) until 23/08.
Damn what a deal.
I would be tempted and I don't care for Xbox at all.

Hasney

Stolen this from hukd:

Playstation VR Headset £329
@ Tesco with coupon: (TDX-WYMJ)
"Save £20 when you spend £150 or more on Tesco direct. Excludes Tesco Partners"
http://www.tesco.com/direct/playstation-vr-virtual-reality-ps4/182-7550.prd

I'm tempted, since the pound plumed the conversion from amazon.es is ~£340, but does anyone know how good is tesco delivering these things? It doesn't allow me to select click and collect.

For an item like that, they'll usually use a coriour so you'll have it on the day of release.

theaface

Stolen this from hukd:

Playstation VR Headset £329
@ Tesco with coupon: (TDX-WYMJ)
"Save £20 when you spend £150 or more on Tesco direct. Excludes Tesco Partners"
http://www.tesco.com/direct/playstation-vr-virtual-reality-ps4/182-7550.prd

I'm tempted, since the pound plumed the conversion from amazon.es is ~£340, but does anyone know how good is tesco delivering these things? It doesn't allow me to select click and collect.

They're fine.

With staff discount I could grab it for £296.10, but I'm just not sure about VR and whether or not it'll take off. Don't want another (much more expensive) PS Move on my hands.

They're fine.

With staff discount I could grab it for £296.10, but I'm just not sure about VR and whether or not it'll take off. Don't want another (much more expensive) PS Move on my hands.

That sound like a good price, and yeah, I get what you're saying, I was thinking the same, but I want it to take off, so I'm kind of supporting it by getting one, I only wish it was closer to £300 than 350.

Hasney

That sound like a good price, and yeah, I get what you're saying, I was thinking the same, but I want it to take off, so I'm kind of supporting it by getting one, I only wish it was closer to £300 than 350.

Just be happy they announced the price before the whole EU thing. It may have gotten even more expensive if they hadn't announced that yet...

yamo

Cheapest place for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
I found it at cdkeys.com for $36.95. Anything beating that at the moment?

Tizoc

Is amazon.com the cheapest to get the crash skylandefs bundle for ps4?
For that matter where is the cheapest to get the bowser and donkey kong skylandef figures? Do they work on ps4?

Cheapest place for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
I found it at cdkeys.com for $36.95. Anything beating that at the moment?
Pc ver is $36 at games republic if use a 10% code that they offer
Review are out in a few days so wait for those before buying

Craft

For that matter where is the cheapest to get the bowser and donkey kong skylandef figures? Do they work on ps4?
I'm Afraid they won't work on the PS4.
The Wii (Bowser) & Wii U (Donkey Kong) starter packs are on sale quite often on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YRZ6WMY/

I picked both of them up for about £13 each a few months back.

The Crash Bundle should be coming to the Wii U to at some point too, so if you own a Wii U that'll be your best bet to play with all the characters.

Edit: They also function as regular Amiibo.

Darkwater

Origin's having a sale at the moment. No specific category, looks to be 73 games in total. Newer titles still fairly pricey, but older games coming up for cheap.

Some picks, starting with lowest, prices in Euros:

• The Saboteur for 1.24
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition 2.49
  • Mirror's Edge 2009 2.49
  • Dead Space 3.99
  • Dead Space 3 4.99
  • Dead Space 2 4.99
  • Mass Effect 3 4.99
  • ME2 ^^ same
  • Unravel 9.99
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition 14.99
  • FIFA 16 19.99

Have a look at the link for more. Seems to me most EA franchises are on there.

TheMoon

Origin's having a sale at the moment. No specific category, looks to be 73 games in total. Newer titles still fairly pricey, but older games coming up for cheap.

Some picks, starting with lowest, prices in Euros:

• The Saboteur for 1.24
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition 2.49
  • Mirror's Edge 2009 2.49
  • Dead Space 3.99
  • Dead Space 3 4.99
  • Dead Space 2 4.99
  • Mass Effect 3 4.99
  • ME2 ^^ same
  • Unravel 9.99
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition 14.99
  • FIFA 16 19.99

Have a look at the link for more. Seems to me most EA franchises are on there.

that DA:I you listed there is the Deluxe Edition. the regular one is 9.99 and the GOTY one is 19.99 (all dlc)

Is there a reasonably cheap way to get Rocksmith and a cable? Any version of the game on any platform, basically, but ideally PS4 if there's a way to do it.

Woffls

Bit of a long-shot, but has anyone used instant-gaming and recently and had fraudulent activity on the card they used?

I spent 85p on I am Bread, then a few days later my card had been used to spend £1500 :( Getting it all refunded at least. I'm very sure the transaction with instant-gaming caused it, as I only use it in places that don't take Amex or Paypal.

Zafir

Any deals on Forza Horizon 2 going around? The demo is pretty impressive.

Cheapest I've seen Horizon 2 for is like £27 on Amazon.

But, if you mean Horizon 3(I'm kind of assuming you do considering while the demo for Horizon 2 was pretty impressive, it was impressive some years ago now!).

Smythstoys you can get it for £37 with a code. http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...on-xbox-one/p-18619/forza-horizon-3-xbox-one/

If you're wanting the PC version as well, the best deal is probably buying from another region. In Singapore it was £39 I think. Go to the buy Horizon 3 page on the xbox site, change the region to Singapore, and then you can add your Paypal account to pay. There's no region locking for now, but you do need to add a Singaporean address.

Is there a reasonably cheap way to get Rocksmith and a cable? Any version of the game on any platform, basically, but ideally PS4 if there's a way to do it.

I bought this last week, and had to return it because it didn't work ¬¬
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007KGISK6/
£24 the cable only, it was the cheapest one I found, I tried to get one from amazon.es (slightly cheaper) but they didn't found stock in 4 weeks so I cancel it.

For the game I got it in a steam sale, I didn't see any cheap version on ps4 sadly.

(I know it was defective because I had an old cable from my ps3 version, and even in the pc one says "usb mic"(the defective one) and the other "rocksmith usb cable" or something like that)

Dambrosi

Banned
I didn't think the UK was getting [the KOF XIV Burn To Fight Edition]?
Yeah, looks like we aren't. Good thing Amazon US still ship to the UK, then.

Sorry, I might be part Swedish. part Irish, and part a little bit of everything else, but my fighting spirit seems to be all Mexican, so it was too good a package to pass up.

sphinx

the piano man
are we expecting a WiiU price reduction here in europe for Q4, assuming they announce NX in september?

I am trying to warm up to buy a WiiU to play the handful of games I am interested in + Zelda when it arrives but spending around 400 for a WiiU + games whe it's on its way out of the market is really inexcusable,

They got the nintendo selects right so that's being take care of but the hardware itself, at this point it shouldn't be anymore than 199 euro IMO

Kain

Is there anywhere in the world where Until Dawn is not 40€ or more? Maybe I missed some deal on PSN or something but I still can't find it cheap.

EmiPrime

Where are you from? In Italy it's often found for about 20€ used at Mediaworld.

UK. It's £20 at CEX and £23 at GAME second hand which is too much for me, it is a 2 year old game after all. I think I might have to give up on this one. Even Amazon want £28 for it.

Mendrox

Is there anywhere in the world where Until Dawn is not 40€ or more? Maybe I missed some deal on PSN or something but I still can't find it cheap.

Where do you live? Until Dawn was very very cheap in Germany at the begining of the year for like 15.20 Euros.

Famassu

Around December/Christmas 2015 - January 2016 there was an "official" Europe wide sale on pretty much every Sony published retail PS4 game (except maybe Bloodborne). Until Dawn was somewhere along 20-30€ everywhere in Europe. That's when I bought it, though in Finland it was 30€ instead of the cheaper prices I saw it going for elsewhere in Europe.

MadmanUK

UK. It's £20 at CEX and £23 at GAME second hand which is too much for me, it is a 2 year old game after all. I think I might have to give up on this one. Even Amazon want £28 for it.
Might as well wait for 3 at this point or get 2 when 3 comes out as the price will crumble then.

Tythan

Ok, maybe I'm a little LTTP but I just found out that if you preorder South Park: Fractured But Whole you get The Stick Of Truth right away for free.

Question is: what if I preordered it, then cancel the preorder and wait for it to get cheaper after launch? Can I keep Stick of Truth or Sony takes locks it like it was a Plus game without subscription or something like that?

Ok, maybe I'm a little LTTP but I just found out that if you preorder South Park: Fractured But Whole you get The Stick Of Truth right away for free.

Question is: what if I preordered it, then cancel the preorder and wait for it to get cheaper after launch? Can I keep Stick of Truth or Sony takes locks it like it was a Plus game without subscription or something like that?

I imagine you can't cancel a pre-order once you download SoT, because starting that download implies you've agreed to the sale and the "no refunds" schtick.

Crumpo

Bonus question on the Fractured but Whole pre-order bonus...does anyone know if the physical versions will come with the stick of truth DL?

I preordered with TGC and they werent sure...was it just a digital and ubi store only incentive?

Zafir

Problem is the cheaper sites don't seem to sell it any more.

I think it's a case of MS not over shipping it. Thus, sadly, it's kept its value.

thenexus6

You'll get it tomorrow.

And holy shit I forgot this was releasing in a matter of days. HYPE!

Maybe, No Mans Sky was dispatched early, but I got it on release day. I got Uncharted 4 three days early so that was cool.

For some reason I thought Deus Ex was out on the 30th! So I am excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom