• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_dany

Pre-ordered BF1 PS4 for 50€ (actually only 41€ minus VAT ;), will I be able to buy DLC from a UK or Swiss PSN store, or would I have to make an italian account?

Don't know how PSN works but I suppose Europe is a full region
except for UK hehe
for them right?

Zafir

I approve of this message, not finished yet but that game really is outstanding!
How come it went to bomba price levels so fast?

Usually that happens because they shipped too many copies.

Edit: Lol didn't even notice the person above said the same thing. xD

TheMoon

Doom is the new Battleborn. It's like a race to see which one gets to sub-£5 first.

it'll be battleborn

I don't get why though. Is Bethesda constantly overshipping their titles? I feel their releases drop sooo fast all the time, despite great critical response.

Zafir

I don't get why though. Is Bethesda constantly overshipping their titles? I feel their releases drop sooo fast all the time, despite great critical response.

Probably.

I mean it's not like they're the only publisher who always does it. :p

Just look at Square Enix, might as well not bother getting one of their games on release, they drop so quickly.

I'd guess they just do it so their games look like they're doing better than they are to the eyes of shareholders or something.

Persona 5 CE is GBP 70 over @ base.com
http://www.base.com/buy/product/persona-5-collectors-edtion-ps4/dgc-pers5ceps4.htm

Anyone know how often they give out discount codes?

Anyone know what version do they usually deliver? US? UK? some european? I mainly concern about the pegi rate stamp and the dlc.

I had my preorder from amazon.com (with 20% off for prime) at the same price with the current conversion rate, but if it has dlc my main account is from the US, not UK, so maybe I should keep that one.

JMZ555

Noticed today in my ebay account was a £15 off £30 spend voucher when using the mobile version of ebay with paypal.

Might be worth checking your account.

Tizoc

Anyone know what version do they usually deliver? US? UK? some european? I mainly concern about the pegi rate stamp and the dlc.

I had my preorder from amazon.com (with 20% off for prime) at the same price with the current conversion rate, but if it has dlc my main account is from the US, not UK, so maybe I should keep that one.

base.com is UK based so you'd be getting the UK ver. of the game.

Way it works for me is that any DLC I have for ANY game I own from either US, UK or HK PSN will work on my main account without issues.

Bumhead

Banned
Anyone here familiar with GAME's returns process for in-store returns?

Particularly regarding condition. Do games have to be sealed for them to issue refunds? The FAQ seems vague to me regarding that. Only mention I can see regarding condition relates to online purchases.

Way it works for me is that any DLC I have for ANY game I own from either US, UK or HK PSN will work on my main account without issues.

PS4 DLC only works like that if the DLC is a unique download, if it just an unlock it's bound to the account that bought it only.

Anyone here familiar with GAME's returns process for in-store returns?

Particularly regarding condition. Do games have to be sealed for them to issue refunds? The FAQ seems vague to me regarding that. Only mention I can see regarding condition relates to online purchases.

Depends on the reason for the return. Faulty? They need full refund you if that what you want, no choice about it. UK law.

Buyers remorse? Well that where get tricky, they can if they want, but most will not in my experience especially if opened. If they point out it been opened, claim it was sold to you that way (they do this sometimes, sell clearly opened copies) and hasn't been played. Chances are you not gonna have much luck here either way.

Bumhead

Banned
Depends on the reason for the return. Faulty? They need full refund you if that what you want, no choice about it. UK law.

Buyers remorse? Well that where get tricky, they can if they want, but most will not in my experience especially if opened. If they point out it been opened, claim it was sold to you that way (they do this sometimes, sell clearly opened copies) and hasn't been played. Chances are you not gonna have much luck here either way.

Suspected as much, cheers for the response.

Trying to minimise my losses on No Man's Sky.. I don't think I could carry through any pretence otherwise! They'd see straight through me! Will have to settle for trade and before the prices for that crash through the floor.

Suspected as much, cheers for the response.

Trying to minimise my losses on No Man's Sky.. I don't think I could carry through any pretence otherwise! They'd see straight through me! Will have to settle for trade and before the prices for that crash through the floor.

CEX are buying it for £36 cash.

thenexus6

I preordered NMS for £37 on the game collection and sold it last night on AV Forums.

I'd act quick on CEX because they're going to be flooded with copies soon.

Bumhead

Banned
Quick though, they're gonna be absolutely flooded with copies in a few days.

They really will be.

A lot of hype, probably sold really well (GAME, Grainger, HMV and an independent were ALL sold out in my city centre on launch day) but the game being.. well, what it is.. there's going to be a tidal wave of this hitting shops next week.

PS4 DLC only works like that if the DLC is a unique download, if it just an unlock it's bound to the account that bought it only.

By main account you mean that have one of each region as primary and you activate it in the corresponded one?

Because dlcs are region lock, the dlc key can only be used/activated in an EU account, ass Stallion says, it also dependes if it's an unlock, or consumable items, etc.

Shiggy

adada.jpg

For Gamescom visitors:

Xbox One 500GB
+ 2 controllers
+ Doom
+ GTA 5
+ Fallout 4
+ Halo 5 OR Forza 6 OR Rise of the Tomb Raider OR Rare Replay

Price: 222 EUR.

Available at Saturn (only in Cologne) until 23/08.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
lol that's like 40€ for the console with one controller. We Wii now.

Not always, it depends on where they have stock, they also ship copies from Switzerland and Sweden at the very least. I have received many non UK copies of games, but still all European and in English.

goonergaz

Anyone for a cheap PSVR games bundle?

I got Rigs (£40), VR Worlds (£24) and Rush of Blood (£14) for £68 at tescos (£10 off using TDX-TNMP)

FTR they also had Stardust & Hustle Kings @ £14 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom