• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for Dark Souls on PS3 in the UK. Prepare to Die edition preferably. I've seen it from £18-£22 but was wondering if there are cheaper options. Failing that any deals on the PC version are appreciated as well.

https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-steam-key--1045-1?ref=itad

Looks like the UK version of Gamesplanet has it for £4.99, but the French one is €4.99. Both include English, according to the store pages.

And if you get the PC version, you can install DSfix

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Zavvi are damn dense when they use a flimsy envelope to post a fragile boxed item. Beware if you order special editions from them.

CpGCs_4WAAAdG9C.jpg:large

Storm360

Any suggestions on where I could import the Xbox One versions of Resident Evil 4/5/6? VGP was my go to place but well... You know

sym30l1c

Thanks, didn't actually think about Amazon.

How is 365games delivery?

Good. I've used them a few times. Free delivery usually takes a couple of days within the UK, and you can upgrade to 1st class if you want to. They use those cardboard envelopes similar to those used by Amazon.
Also, I've had good experiences with their costumer service.

flohen95

Thalia.de has Dragon Quest VII 3DS up for preorder for 27,99€ w/ free shipping to Germany. Now, Thalia isn't exactly what you would call reliable with preoders, and, so far, every preorder I've placed with them (all of which were at relatively low prices, mind) has not been fulfilled but instead quietly canceled on release day. I still figure some people might want to give a try for a possible saving. Just don't expect this to actually work out and rather be very happy if it does.

Thalia.de has Dragon Quest VII 3DS up for preorder for 27,99€ w/ free shipping to Germany. Now, Thalia isn't exactly what you would call reliable with preoders, and, so far, every preorder I've placed with them (all of which were at relatively low prices, mind) has not been fulfilled but instead quietly canceled on release day. I still figure some people might want to give a try for a possible saving. Just don't expect this to actually work out and rather be very happy if it does.

Nah fuck em. They didn't even cacel my FE Fates LE, it's STILL saying they're preparing it for collection in a store. What a terrible store.

flohen95

Nah fuck em. They didn't even cacel my FE Fates LE, it's STILL saying they're preparing it for collection in a store. What a terrible store.

Yeah, I get you. They don't cancel normal, non-store-pickup orders either, the display them as "Completed (Abgeschlossen)" without informing you about the fact that your order status changed or what "Completed" means in regards to their website (in their FAQ, it states that the status "Completed" is used for orders with more than one item, with at least one being fulfilled and the others being canceled, which obviously can't apply to orders with only one item).

But since I already have an account there and they have my data anyway, I placed an order again. I don't expect this to work at all, but it doesn't hurt me to try.

Oh you too? Let's wait together. Forever. :D
Hey i'd still take it if they find one somewhere :p
Yeah, I get you. They don't cancel normal, non-store-pickup orders either, the display them as "Completed (Abgeschlossen)" without informing you about the fact that your order status changed or what "Completed" means in regards to their website (in their FAQ, it states that the status "Completed" is used for orders with more than one item, with at least one being fulfilled and the others being canceled, which obviously can't apply to orders with only one item).

But since I already have an account there and they have my data anyway, I placed an order again. I don't expect this to work at all, but it doesn't hurt me to try.

Yeah nothing can really go wrong if you don't pay in advance. But I'd say the chances of it going through are <10%

also I just found this on thalia.de

Wenn Sie einen Artikel zur Filialabholung bestellt haben, so bezahlen Sie diesen bequem bei Abholung in der Filiale vor Ort. Sie erhalten keine Rechnung per E-Mail. Auch wenn Sie die Zahlungsweise "Bankeinzug" oder "Kreditkarte" im Bestellvorgang gewählt haben, wird der Rechnungsbetrag bei der Selbstabholung nicht abgebucht. Bitte beachten Sie, dass es bei der Abholung in einer Filiale bei nicht preisgebundenen Artikeln zu Preisabweichungen kommen kann.

lol what. So the price isn't even fixed when you let them deliver it to a store

flohen95

also I just found this on thalia.de

lol what. So the price isn't even fixed when you let them deliver it to a store

Yeah. I alerted people to that fact when the FE Fates deal was posted here. It's why I order with home delivery and payment by invoice. I don't know if that part of their ToS is actually applied or not, though.

Sounds like they're trying to get people to set up accounts and add cards in the hope that they might order other stuff between now and the pre-order being released, without really having any intention of supplying the pre-order.

TheMoon

Sounds like they're trying to get people to set up accounts and add cards in the hope that they might order other stuff between now and the pre-order being released, without really having any intention of supplying the pre-order.

Thing is, it's a German bookstore chain, we don't do Credit Cards here much, definitely not as a primary payment option so they wouldn't get any of these details necessary anyway since you'd most likely try to save on shipping via in-store pick-up too.

Yeah they're also big enough that I wouldn't accuse them of shady methods like that. They just seem highly incompetent. And it's not like 10 off on a Dragon Quest game will get you the big spenders anyway

EDIT: Before I forget, still thanks for posting the deal. It would be awesome if it was any other store :)

The Last of Us - £17.50 - PS4 - Base.co.uk

Tales of Zesteria w/Bonus content - £19.99 - PS4 - 365Games

Halo: Master Chief Collection - £5.99 - XBOX One - CDKeys

Dishonoured Definitive Edition - £10 - XBOX One - Tesco Online

Assassins Creed Unity - £2.99 - XBOX One - CDKeys

Dont suppose No mans sky is anywhere for less than RRP (£50!?)

A few places are doing it for around £45ish - Base, 365 and Gameseek are.

Game are doing it for £47, which included a pre-order bonus (extra credits and better ship, I think).

After telling myself wait for reviews, player feedback etc. I starting a frenzy of looking a little bit earlier for deals....

Zafir

Game are doing it for £47, which included a pre-order bonus (extra credits and better ship, I think).

After telling myself wait for reviews, player feedback etc. I starting a frenzy of looking a little bit earlier for deals....
I cancelled my preorder for the limited edition last week. I'll get it on steam instead if there's positive feedback.

Benedict

Zavvi is having a flash sale for games and other stuff:
They had/have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Limited Edition Steelbook and regular edition for £36.99. PS4 versions are sold out, Xbox One is still available.

Edit: TheGameCollection posted my copy of No Man's Sky today, which I bought for £39.11.

SimplyGames have it for just under £42

ah hows simply games for delivery/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom