• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoppe Two is selling Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) through Play.com for £27.99.

How reliable are JP Post when ordering from Nippon Yasan? Not sure if more likely to get customs if I use Fed Ex.

JP Post are reliable. With Fed Ex your package will always be declared at customs. If you order through JP Post it depends on which type of service Nippon Yasan uses. If your shipment is tracked, for example, it's a lot more likely customs will have a look at it then when it's SAL.

DagsJT

Shoppe Two is selling Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) through Play.com for £27.99.

JP Post are reliable. With Fed Ex your package will always be declared at customs. If you order through JP Post it depends on which type of service Nippon Yasan uses. If your shipment is tracked, for example, it's a lot more likely customs will have a look at it then when it's SAL.

Bugger.

blazeuk

How reliable are JP Post when ordering from Nippon Yasan? Not sure if more likely to get customs if I use Fed Ex.

Edit: Went with Fed Ex

just a heads up, I'm in England too and having ordered with Nippon-Yasan via FedEx in the past [as recently as November]

I can you tell the goods will be marked as gifts and undervalued by Nippon-Yasan, but that won't stop Fedex from adding custom/admin fees. : [

But I do have some good news! looks like Nippon-Yasan are setting up a new courier service to get around those pesky fees. >.<

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/content/34-Transi-logistic?force=1

Sondar

just a heads up, I'm in England too and having ordered with Nippon-Yasan via FedEx in the past [as recently as November]

I can you tell the goods will be marked as gifts and undervalued by Nippon-Yasan, but that won't stop Fedex from adding custom/admin fees. : [

But I do have some good news! looks like Nippon-Yasan are setting up a new courier service to get around those pesky fees. >.<

^^ Many thanks for the heads-up. :) Will wait until then to place an order & I hope the prices are reasonable.

What happens though if it's FedEx from France to UK? Will it get inspected in the UK?

Zafir

Gifts need to be valued under £36 to get through customs. All Fedex packages get checked. There will be a delay before you get the charge though. It took a month for them to come after me over my Vita TV. Was more annoyed about the £10.50 admin fee than being charged VAT. VAT was only like £3. It's not really right that they charge you £20 for them to deliver the parcel, and then they decide to ask for even more if it gets hit by customs. What am I paying for in the first place...

Stubo

Anyone know the best UK price for a Dual Shock 3? Mine's given up the ghost. Left analogue stick is completely busted so there's almost nothing I can play.
There was a Dual Shock 3 with 3 months of PS Plus for £29.99 in the Amazon lightning deals on Christmas day, they usually repeat the deals through the week so it could be worth waiting to see if that comes back :)

Otherwise around £35 I think.

The one in the post above yours isn't good enough?

Not for me personally, no. As I'm not a new Vita owner I already have most of those bundled games (and I presume they're download codes so would be hard to sell) and a memory card.

I've been told it would be £90 to replace my Vita's screen. I only paid £102 for my Vita a year ago (on eBay) so thought I would just buy another one.
That Tesco deal would be absolutely perfect if it was in stock!
Has that deal ever been seen in store?

Azuardo

I'm on the lookout for a soft pouch for my Vita too. Not so much an actual carry case; just a soft pouch to keep it safe, like I have for my PSP.

blazeuk

I got a '4Gamers Clean 'n' Protect Kit' pouch for mine, I only paid £1.70 for it from Amazon and wasn't too bothered as it was just to put it in around the house but it's excellent - was expecting it to just be a cheap thin pouch but it's actually nice and thick and seems to protect it well enough for what I needed it for (I wouldn't have an issue with throwing it into a bag and carrying it around with me).

Azuardo

This one is nice: white / black.

That one is nice and the one in the starter kit would be ideal too, but I'm not willing to fork out that much for it unfortunately. I think I remember getting my PSP one as a little kit with headphones and stuff for like £5 a few years back.

This would be ideal, even though I worry about the quality a little bit. Reviews seem good though. Might just go with that and get some screen protectors for it I guess. Edit: cheaper on ebay

Gigarator

That one is nice and the one in the starter kit would be ideal too, but I'm not willing to fork out that much for it unfortunately. I think I remember getting my PSP one as a little kit with headphones and stuff for like £5 a few years back.

This would be ideal, even though I worry about the quality a little bit. Reviews seem good though. Might just go with that and get some screen protectors for it I guess. Edit: cheaper on ebay

If you're willing to go up to £10 I'd recommend this one. I use it and quality wise it's top notch, just a small velcro patch that keeps it closed so it's simple to use. It's got a really nice lining on the inside as well which keeps the vita clean.

Azuardo

If you're willing to go up to £10 I'd recommend this one. I use it and quality wise it's top notch, just a small velcro patch that keeps it closed so it's simple to use. It's got a really nice lining on the inside as well which keeps the vita clean.

Thanks. In that case, I might hold out a little bit and see if it comes down a touch. I'm not desperate by any means, but just feels a bit too pricey for my liking, so hopefully it'll come down at some point.

flowsnake

I bought that and the quality is fine. For that price, even if you don't like it isn't a big deal.

Is anywhere selling Pokemon X for £30 or less, ideally for delivery and not click and collect?
I can find Y, but X seems to be sold out everywhere.

Hawkie

Looking for a good deal on Bravely Default (@£25). Missed the Sainsbury's deal before it got nuked. Any info is appreciated.

meppi

That is brilliant news as I love to import Japanese only releases!
Wish niningame was able to set something similar up. Then again, I was very happy with my previous Nippon yasan order as well. Except that it got intercepted by customs which added more than €30 to the game I ordered. :(

Sondar

Gifts need to be valued under £36 to get through customs. All Fedex packages get checked. There will be a delay before you get the charge though. It took a month for them to come after me over my Vita TV. Was more annoyed about the £10.50 admin fee than being charged VAT. VAT was only like £3. It's not really right that they charge you £20 for them to deliver the parcel, and then they decide to ask for even more if it gets hit by customs. What am I paying for in the first place...

Will that apply using FedEx from France to UK?

Hmmm Vita 64GB card ~70 euros with JP Post Airmail shipping. Good price considering 32GB cards are 60-70 euro here. Thats without import fees, although I order a lot from PlayAsia and never had to pay duty. How much will the new courier service cost though?

oti

Banned
So I just saw that Mutant Mudd and SteamWorld Dig are on Sale on the 3DS eShop (together 10,50€), but the Wii U version of Mutant Mudd is STILL not out in EU?

And why is there no easy way to buy eShop currency online? Only thing I can find are some online shops, but they want extra cash. Guess this has to do with eShop cards having to be activated when purchased. 15€ eShop Card for 17€ is the cheapest I can find online.

Zafir

Will that apply using FedEx from France to UK?
Nah, shouldn't do. You don't pay import tax on anything that's shipped inside the EU. That's why they're doing the shipping to France first. It's a good idea really and I wish more places would do it. YesAsia do it sometimes as well(They won't on some Sony products though), and so did that American site which shut down.

cluderi

Lego Marvel Heroes on PS4 is now 29.99 at Amazon and Argos. Stock seems low at Argos stores but Amazon have nicely matched the price for now.

randomwab

Folks, where's the best place to get US PSN codes that will email? Electronic First seems to be always out of stock, and there's a few on eBay but they all seem to only post them physically. Anywhere else to try?

Addnan

Folks, where's the best place to get US PSN codes that will email? Electronic First seems to be always out of stock, and there's a few on eBay but they all seem to only post them physically. Anywhere else to try?

Amazon.com use an American address as billing.

Zafir

I'd wager Amazon.com would be the best if you don't want to pay a mark up.

Edit: Beaten it seems. :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm debating whether getting a new GFX card for my HTPC or the Wii-U.

What's the best (not UK only like Tesco and such tho) deal for Wii U right now?
I don't care for getting downloadable version of games, so I'd prefer the Mario and Luigi U bundle to the Zelda HD one.

Zafir

I'm debating whether getting a new GFX card for my HTPC or the Wii-U.

What's the best (not UK only like Tesco and such tho) deal for Wii U right now?
I don't care for getting downloadable version of games, so I'd prefer the Mario and Luigi U bundle to the Zelda HD one.
Amazon has a deal on for getting 2 games free - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....000758923&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=ho01f-21

Shopto also has some good bundles though it depends whether you like the included games or not.

Those play-asia cases are amazing. I think they are worth it, though maybe I'm crazy. They are really good looking, feel great and are of great build quality. Expensive in a market with a lot of cheapo cases with a lot of accessories you probably don't want though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom