• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

I picked this up, and maaaaan... what a shitty download and install system it has.

you download a 170ish Mb file from the PSN, install it, run it, download another 100MB patch, and then just have an installer screen that downloads the entire game while you can't do anything else.

Why didn't they just let me download the whole thing as a background download?

Because it's like a beta test to Sony's play-while-download system.

Danj

Is there any way for an American friend to buy me PSN games or PSN credit for Christmas? For example could he buy PSN codes from GAME and then email them to me?

Footos22

Not really, I was hoping there was just some way that US people would be able to buy UK PSN wallet codes with instant delivery over web/email. Does GAME accept US addresses/credit cards?
I use www.pcgamesupply.com to buy instant us cards. You can get UK ones too but they are usually about 2 quid more then their face value. They are good usually get the code within 2 mins. First time may take longer though.

Danj

I use www.pcgamesupply.com to buy instant us cards. You can get UK ones too but they are usually about 2 quid more then their face value. They are good usually get the code within 2 mins. First time may take longer though.

Yeah I found that site first but then I looked at reviews that says they basically scratch off scratchcards and if you don't use them quickly then they steal the code or whatever. My American friend has been able to purchase a code using Paypal at GAME, we're just waiting to see if it will come through on the email now.

IvorB

Just saw that HMV on Oxford Street is having a closing down sale right now with loads of discounts and deals. Didn't scout too carefully but could be worth checking out.

wormania

Just saw that HMV on Oxford Street is having a closing down sale right now with loads of discounts and deals. Didn't scout too carefully but could be worth checking out.

I'm not sure any savings could be worth going shopping in a closing down sale on Oxford Street on Christmas Eve

kuppy

Huh, that's pretty cool..
365games send me a voucher which, as they claim, would be randomly applied as 10, 20, 25, 50 or 75% off. So I just tried it, checked out and got 25%, went for it and am kind of happy about it.

69wpm

Huh, that's pretty cool..
365games send me a voucher which, as they claim, would be randomly applied as 10, 20, 25, 50 or 75% off. So I just tried it, checked out and got 25%, went for it and am kind of happy about it.

You're lucky, I got a 10% voucher :/

If anyone is looking for a new TV to go with thier games console, there are some pretty awesome deals at currys. Looking at a sony W8 and it has dropped about £150 which is quite low compared to some of the other deals there...

Got my Splintercell BL for 10 pounds in from the 2 shop.
Pretty good first time I used them since the hole cc thing man they are so much faster then Zavvi will use them again awesome.

Hope that we start getting similar prices for PS4/X1 versions very soon.

Don't see it. Next gen is always slow burner,
With PS3/360 you're dropping the game into a user base of 100+ million people that's not expanding, so it's best to cut loses soon and drop prices. but with a new gen you get new customers joining every week/month. Publishers will want to keep prices relatively high for all the new people who join.

Merry Christmas from Zavvi

yfmHRQc.png

PS: Apparently. they are not honoring their own promotion! LOL

Sondar

Anyone know if GAME extended their returns policy of 28 days just over the Christmas period? I was sure that they extended it into January but can't find any info on their site.

Cronen

Taken from another thread, but The Wolf Among us episode 1 is currently free on Xbox 360, and the season pass (episodes 2-5) right now is £6.69!

GAME have the Batman Arkham Collection (PS3/XBOX360) for £28. PC-version is £20.

Features all 3 Arkham games. Not sure if all the DLC is included.

(Please Note: Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are downloadable codes. )

Edit: doesn't seem to come with all the DLC.

On PC, Asylum and City are the Game of the Year editions, while the PS3 version of the collection sees Origins come with the Knightfall DLC pack.

No additional DLC will be included in the Xbox 360 version.

Tizoc

Help me out here please
Where is the cheapest I can find:
SMT: Soul Hackers
Legend of Zelda: A Link between worlds
Bravely Default
Prof. Layton: The Arzan Legacy
...and have them shipped from the UK?

I would prefer non-Zavvi retailers thanks.

Note that at least I want to get Bravely Default and Prof. Layton AL.

Help me out here please
Bravely Default
Prof. Layton: The Arzan Legacy

Note that at least I want to get Bravely Default and Prof. Layton AL.

Shipping at Shoppe Two is around £3 to abroad, I think.
At Amazon UK it's free to certain countries if your order is around £21 or so (or up). Otherwise I don't know.
At Base.com shipping is around €1.5.
Shipping at GAME is £2.95.

You might also want to check TheGamesCollection for those games. Shipping there is around £2.

Help me out here please
Bravely Default

Santa brought a 3DS?

Bad news is I Think you picked the 4 worst games to get a deal on. None have really dropped that much at all. If you need to ship outside the UK to a Euro country, then your best bet is probably Amazon, but you will end up paying £120+ for all 4. Amazon do free postage to a few Euro countries, but if you live in others, you will have to pay P&P so that would be a good bit extra.

I believe The Arzan Legacy currently has stock problems in the UK. The only site that would ship you a copy right now would be ShopTo, but you be paying £30 + postage costs

Soul Hackers is the cheapest of your list, and is on Amazon right now - £29.99. It is cheaper at Base and The Game Collection, but they will 100% charage postage outside UK. Amazon might be your best bet (if you live in the "right" country),

Maybe buy Soul Hackers now, and keep and eye on the thread for the others to drop?

Not great news... sorry!

Tizoc

Santa brought a 3DS?
I've had a 3DS for near a year now actually ;) In my country the main region is US for 3DS for whatever bizarre reason. Every other console is europe regigon.
Bad news is I Think you picked the 4 worst games to get a deal on. None have really dropped that much at all. If you need to ship outside the UK to a Euro country, then your best bet is probably Amazon, but you will end up paying £120+ for all 4. Amazon do free postage to a few Euro countries, but if you live in others, you will have to pay P&P so that would be a good bit extra.
Hmm I see I've asked my brother to see if he can find some good deals too.
I believe The Arzan Legacy currently has stock problems in the UK. The only site that would ship you a copy right now would be ShopTo, but you be paying £30 + postage costs

Soul Hackers is the cheapest of your list, and is on Amazon right now - £29.99. It is cheaper at Base and The Game Collection, but they will 100% charage postage outside UK. Amazon might be your best bet (if you live in the "right" country),

Maybe buy Soul Hackers now, and keep and eye on the thread for the others to drop?

Not great news... sorry!

Hey thanks for the info, I'll keep checking those sites and see if they suddenly have offers, I plan on making my purchases after the 28th since that's when I get my paycheck, for now I'm just looking for the best place to get them from.

I actually don't mind getting Bravely Default for regular full price since I loved the demo but don't want to take up space in my 3DS >_<

Irish deal...

Gamestop IE have a decent 3 for &#8364;20 going on...

http://www.gamestop.ie/Bundle/Configure/675

Some okay games on the list.

• Tomb Raider
  • Grid 2
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • The Bureau: Xcom Declassified
  • Army Of Two Devils Cartel
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
  • Defiance
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  • Spec Ops: The Line

Stubo

Irish deal...

Gamestop IE have a decent 3 for €20 going on...

http://www.gamestop.ie/Bundle/Configure/675

Some okay games on the list.

• [*]Tomb Raider
  • Grid 2
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • The Bureau: Xcom Declassified
  • Army Of Two Devils Cartel
    [*]Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
  • Defiance
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    [*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  • Spec Ops: The Line

You know what you must do GAF!

oti

Banned
GermanGAF, according to MyDealz Saturn will have a new "Buy 3 Pay 2" promotion on all media (movies, games, music, software) 2.1.14 - 11.1.14. Bundesweit. (Time to buy those pricey 3DS games.)

Let's hope Amazon follows suit.

Touch my katamari (PSVita) for £4.99 at Zavvi. Cheapest it's been?

Also ZombiU (Wii U) is £11.99 at Amazon UK. It's been £9.99 at some point, but still a good deal (edit) for the physical release.

Edit: and sorry if old, but Left 4 Dead 2 is FREE on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom