• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Generally cheaper to buy from Asia/Japan than SE's store, but there isn't that much in it.

More recently I've gotten my SE soundtracks(Lightning Returns and X Remaster) from YesAsia as their free shipping and lack of import tax made it cheaper than other places.

It depends on where you are from. I ordered the Okami soundtrack. I have to pay shipping and import duty at the door.

How is the X Remaster. I plan on getting it after I play the game.

Zafir

It depends on where you are from. I ordered the Okami soundtrack. I have to pay shipping and import duty at the door.

How is the X Remaster. I plan on getting it after I play the game.
Well, YesAsia offer customs free service to the UK/Germany. Otherwise, there's a chance you can get hit, albeit small when using cheap shipping options.

I have mixed opinions on the X Remaster soundtrack, some tracks are quite good although different, but there's a few changes which I'm not much of a fan of (Thunder plains for one). I'd say waiting till after you play the game is a good idea probably, will give you a chance to experience them, and then if you like the changes, buy it.

well, for the spaniards, I just got a Wii U ZombiU Premium Pack por 187€ from ElCorteIngles, apparently they also had OG black 3DS for 85€. I noticed they also have XBOX 360 250GB Kinect bundle with 2 games for 146€, and PSVita + 16GB card for 140€, and WiiU Nintendo Land pack for 196€

nice deals

fasTRapid

Banned
well, for the spaniards, I just got a Wii U ZombiU Premium Pack por 187€ from ElCorteIngles, apparently they also had OG black 3DS for 85€. I noticed they also have XBOX 360 250GB Kinect bundle with 2 games for 146€, and PSVita + 16GB card for 140€, and WiiU Nintendo Land pack for 196€

nice deals

MUST... RESIST...!

Is it gone? I can't find it.

skynidas

Banned

nice deals

Is this in store? Or online? Also, where you at?

Number45

Last time I checked, their Play and Amazon store prices were more expensive than their own site. Have you checked to see if the keyboard is any different in price?
You're right! Is delivery free when ordering direct?

Also does anyone use that KB with a PC? Might order another for work.

Audioboxer

Just in case anyone was wondering Amazon honored my Tales of Symphonia Collectors Edition at £39.99.

Was nearly cancelling it after the gimped CE we get in the EU, but the game itself is selling for £35-40 and I'm worried it's low print (meaning it might not hit the £15-17.99 price point).

zaphod79

Whats the cheapest price for PS+ (1 year) at the moment? £33.90 is the cheapest I can find...

If thats via CDkeys remember you can like them on facebook for another 5% off to knock it down to £32.20

(if its not then CDKEY's top line price is £33.90 and then like them on facebook for another 5% off)

Or if your anywhere near a still open HMV store they regularly come up on various sites selling the 3 month cards for around £8 (which would work out at £32 for the year)

Received my ebay console only Xbone today. It must be new as it looks like it dropped straight out of a retail box i.e. still has all that clingy plastic and was taped neatly in new console white wrap. It also came in a bubble wrap packaging made to fit the console exactly which suggests some sort of factory refurb. Still waiting on a power supply.
Got the power sorted. Had to install the initial update. Installed Dead Rising 3 and huzzah I'm Xboning - sans kinect but after the huge turd that was kinect on 360, I'm happy without 2.0.

I just got the £10 NowTV Xbox code too btw if anyone else signed up for that.

nice deals

Wow, that's crazy. Tempted to get both a WiiU and 3DS. Hell, even a second Vita for my GF. May have to hit Callao tomorrow, although I guess that's where they'll go out of stock earliest.

Saiyan-Rox

any of you lot had something delivered you got a refund for?

argos delivered my ToS CE even tho i got a refund for it on the 25th :S just wondering if they'll more than likely be after me for it xD

any of you lot had something delivered you got a refund for?

argos delivered my ToS CE even tho i got a refund for it on the 25th :S just wondering if they'll more than likely be after me for it xD
They did this with my cancelled order for a Wii back in 2006 and they never followed up on it.

Does anyone know how long shipping takes for economy airmail bubble on playasia?

I totally forgot I ordered Ys Celceta from them on february 6th and it's been almost a month and the package still hasn't arrived.

Does anyone know how long shipping takes for economy airmail bubble on playasia?

I totally forgot I ordered Ys Celceta from them on february 6th and it's been almost a month and the package still hasn't arrived.

It can take 2-3 weeks. Also if your package costed over €22 / £15 (or £18?) and customs got a hold of it, it might take quite a bit more.

yaffi

Well, it can take anything from 2 weeks to close to 2 months (that's how long my copy of Ayesha took).

Stealing is easy when you can pretend it's not your fault

It's not stealing if they send you something through the post. If they ask for it back, then you really should give it back, but either way, it's completely on them to follow it up.

You're under no legal obligation to tell them if you don't want to, morally is a slightly different question, but it's not like Argos can do anything with a ToS collectors edition anyway now, so I suspect they won't chase it up.

It's not stealing if they send you something through the post. If they ask for it back, then you really should give it back, but either way, it's completely on them to follow it up.

You're under no legal obligation to tell them if you don't want to, morally is a slightly different question, but it's not like Argos can do anything with a ToS collectors edition anyway now, so I suspect they won't chase it up.

We did this with Zavvi, we're not doing it again. Regardless of the morality or who has to claim it from who or how it happened, he has received an item he hasn't paid for which he should not have received and he intends to keep it. If he's fine with that, whatever, it's on him, but we can't dress it up and we certainly shouldn't be discussing in this thread what the chances of a successful theft are.

ruttyboy

We did this with Zavvi, we're not doing it again. Regardless of the morality or who has to claim it from who or how it happened, he has received an item he hasn't paid for which he should not have received and he intends to keep it. If he's fine with that, whatever, it's on him, but we can't dress it up and we certainly shouldn't be discussing in this thread what the chances of a successful theft are.

Theft requires both intent and positive action to deprive on the part of the thief. They sent it to him without his knowledge, it would only come even close to theft if they asked for it back and he refused.

EDIT: Just noticed your tag, don't bother replying.

Danneee

Best price for Mario 3D World? The store have to ship to Sweden.
Best I've seen so far is £40 for the digital version from game.co.uk (I get like 8% back in premium points so that makes it kind of a good deal but I'd rather have the physical version).

nice deals

Thanks to you, as of today I'm the proud owner of a new WiiU :). I got the Premium + NintendoLand pack for 190 something€, that's all that was left (Corte Inglés in Parquesur, in case someone else is interested; there were a couple more remaining, but the clerks had no idea about the sale and they were still tagged 350€ :D they had to check the computer). I would get a 3DS for sure at 85€, but it's out of stock online; anyone found them in any physical Corte Inglés?

In any case, again, thanks. :) Now, anyone knows the cheapest place in Europe to get Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Luigi (it's my understanding the latter includes New Super Mario Wii U)?

This is different to the Zavvi situation because here the recipient had cancelled his order prior to the release of the game and so he wasn't expecting to receive the game. This leads me to believe that, unlike the Zavvi situation, the goods are unsolicited and the recipient may keep them free of charge.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So are GAME the kings of good offers for Xbox one right now?

Was instore today and along with a MS demo guy trying to sell my 12-year-old on an Xbox (forza looks pretty nice), they had a couple of good bundles.

- Xbox one, FIFA 14 and plants vs Zombies garden warfare £399
- Xbox one, FIFA 14, PvZ, Rayman, lego movie game £429

Also if you buy an Xbox one, you can get a game for £20, and that stacks in the bundle. The list was most of the MS first party games I think, so Ryse, dead rising, forza and a few others. So that would be £449 for the Xbox and 5 games.

Hasney

I can see there were a few post already but one other option is to go digital (if it matters to you) and buy it from the US store - I would expect it to be $60 , you can buy $60 worth of US PSN credit from Amazon for about £35

Yeah, just gotta watch out if you're interested in DLC for that. You have to buy it from the US region and not all of it seems playable on your main account then. Couldn't get Freedom Cry working for AC4 on my UK account.

Benedict

Best place to get Infamous?
Best place to get a DS4, preferably red, that is not too expensive and in stock?

Is the answer amazon.co.uk to both my questions?

Edit: I ordered the Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station on February 13th for £26.04 but it has not yet dispatched.
Price seems to have gone down now to £20.14. Will I get the item for the lower price automatically or would I have to contact support?

Best place to get a DS4, preferably red, that is not too expensive and in stock?

Is the answer amazon.co.uk to both my questions?

Funnily enough I just checked this thread to find the same answers as you. Amazon.co.uk are not in stock and @ £55 they are hardly cheap anyway.

kek_lel

Great deal
I was looking for Rayman on the cheap before

This is my first time buying from zavvi and I was pleasantly surprised that they do not charge a shipping fee for international orders

Well anyone got an idea how long it will usually take to ship (to germany)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom