• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

MQX

And both games are back in stock again. Also in stock:

Steins Gate Zero Limited Edition (Vita) @ Game.co.uk now for £14.99/£17.94(International shipping included)

And a little warning:
As it was posted/mentioned before by other members, I've received my Root Letter LE. And the LE box was pretty much damaged. Looked like it came right from a Game.co.uk store. Also the game disc was loose while it was still sealed. Contacted Game, but they couldn't give me a new one because it was at that moment out of stock. So for anyone, especially International members, I've made my warning.
Can't even add it to my basket. Just keeps on loading and loading... :)

Out of stock already...
And again. These games(PS4 and Vita versions) are back in stock. I really wonder what's happening right now at Game.co.uk. These games keep getting in and going out of stock.

Also:
Root Letter Limited Edition(Vita) @ Game.co.uk now for £14.99/£17.94(International shipping included)

And again. These games(PS4 and Vita versions) are back in stock. I really wonder what's happening right now at Game.co.uk. These games keep getting in and going out of stock.

Still "loading" for me. :) (Steins;Gate Vita LE)

And I can easily add other stuff to my basket including the Root Letter LE.

MQX

Still "loading" for me. :) (Steins;Gate Vita LE)

And I can easily add other stuff to my basket including the Root Letter LE.
It looks like the Vita LE is out of stock again.

A tip:
Next time if you try to add a game to the basket. Right-click on the Add To Basket button and click on Open Link in New Tab. When the tab is opened, you'll see if the game is added to your basket or that the game is (already) out of stock.

I've made a huge mistake. I have two Switch preorders, but no video games.

Basically I don't even care about cheap, I just want a copy of Zelda on launch so I don't have an expensive paperweight.

ineji

Neo Member
If you don't care about cheap and you have a decent internet connection, a digital copy might be the way to go.

Also:
Root Letter Limited Edition(Vita) @ Game.co.uk now for £14.99/£17.94(International shipping included)

It looks like Root Letter went through, so thanks!

illusionary

Nice! Anyone know if this is in store as well? Would be nice to play it this weekend.

Yep, it appears so. If you use the stock checker on the listing page (which for some reason only shows for me on the mobile version of the site), it shows the in-store price, also at £29.99.

They appear to have sold out of their online stock now - it's reverted to a (much more expensive) third-party seller.

Does it require a minimum amount? I can't seem to use it to order Lumo, every single item I order from playasia gets stuck in customs and since I cba to pay for that I'm trying to spend the bare minimum.

I don't know, sorry. It worked for me ordering Ys Origin (ended up being $24,99 shipped).

Wiggy

My local game didn't have Gravity Rush 2 at £30 and I missed the online deal. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm on a roll this week 😎

My local game didn't have Gravity Rush 2 at £30 and I missed the online deal. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm on a roll this week ��

What's this about Gravity Rush 2 at £30?!

Edit - Never mind, just saw. Out of stock... dang. They'll have it back soon most probably.

Game can be really awesome with their deals sometimes. Still chuffed to bits I got Root Letter Limited Edition for £15.

Walking across town, queuing inside GAME's day care centre and then being treated with animosity for price matching CeX was barely worth the pound anyway. Suppose if you did it a lot that adds up...

Walking across town, queuing inside GAME's day care centre and then being treated with animosity for price matching CeX was barely worth the pound anyway. Suppose if you did it a lot that adds up...
I did it on big things like phones etc. Like last year I got £315 after price matching CeX from game for my iPhone 6 which was only worth £350~ish on eBay. So I just traded it in towards a PS4 Pro.

I was going to head in today to trade in my Vita, £84 if they are still price matching (apparently the nationwide end date is Feb 27). Only £60 if they're not.

Did you guys hear about game no longer price matching on trade ins? :/ that's a lot of that company's value gone for me tbh.

Whaaaaaat? I used to do it a lot. Add the stuff I was selling to my CEX basket before I went, printing it off and getting the better deal. It was well worth doing. The stores I went to always seemed ok with doing it for me.

Guess I never have a reason to shop in a GAME store ever again.

Ah on hardware that's a much bigger deal. Hadn't even thought of that. I always sell locally on Gumtree for stuff like that.
Yeah :/
Whaaaaaat? I used to do it a lot. Add the stuff I was selling to my CEX basket before I went, printing it off and getting the better deal. It was well worth doing. The stores I went to always seemed ok with doing it for me.
Same, I don't think I ever traded anything in to game without price matching.

Going to give it a shot today as I have two Vitas anyway and I never use either. If it doesn't work I'll just sell it online (although lol @ anyone buying a Vita in 2017).

If you have something you want to trade in I suggest going this weekend. End date is apparently Feb 27 (interestingly the same day they're allowing you to pay off the Switch in store).

Well that sucks if true. In my local GAME all you had to do was ask them to price match cex and they did all the checking for me, never had to mess about in there getting valuations.

What's this about Gravity Rush 2 at £30?!

Edit - Never mind, just saw. Out of stock... dang. They'll have it back soon most probably.

Game can be really awesome with their deals sometimes. Still chuffed to bits I got Root Letter Limited Edition for £15.

Normally with GAME if a deal is really good its because they're clearing stock and it'll be harder to find.
Though I feel in Gravity Rush 2's case it might be similar to Last Guardian and it might be a real price cut.

LewieP

I remember turning up to GAME in Stratford with a literal suitcase full of mostly 360 games and trading them in for like £400.

It's worth doing because CEX's prices are (even) worse than GAME's, especially when you can use credit on the website.

Bit of an end of an era, but I imagine they were losing money on it, and I've gone basically all digital now anyway.

oldmario

Normally with GAME if a deal is really good its because they're clearing stock and it'll be harder to find.
Though I feel in Gravity Rush 2's case it might be similar to Last Guardian and it might be a real price cut.

how long did it take for the last guardian to topple in price everywhere after the first place didi it? there's also the fact that gravity rush remastered was on a lowish print and you can only really get it from third party fulfilled/marketplace sellers on amazon now so there's probably a similar print number for 2 as well

how long did it take for the last guardian to topple in price everywhere after the first place didi it? there's also the fact that gravity rush remastered was on a lowish print and you can only really get it from third party fulfilled/marketplace sellers on amazon now so there's probably a similar print number for 2 as well

I think within the day everyone price matched Last Guardian at £25.

Yeah ok I went into GAME, store manager told me that as of next week they're not price matching trade ins anymore.

Did manage to get my stuff in tho :)

jmartoine

Yeah ok I went into GAME, store manager told me that as of next week they're not price matching trade ins anymore.

Did manage to get my Vita in tho :)

Might be the cynic in me, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start price matching again a week or two after the Switch comes out. Get a feeling they just introduced it as they are expecting lots of trade ins for launch.

goonergaz

Dang, shame about Game not matching on the trade ins...surprised it took them so long to realise they were losing out, must have traded >£500 over the last year picking up bargains and trading for more at Game - it was fun while it lasted, at least I have over £100 in credit twards a couple special editions (RDR2 please!)

Last trade-in was awesome..Forza Horizon 2, State of Decay and Halo 5 for £50! :)

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Any good discounts on an Xbox One controller (UK) recently? The right stick in mine is busted and I need a new one. Amazon have a used for £35 but thought I'd ask just in case.

Was thinking of going into town tomorrow too, as I need to trade-in a few things at Game. Had a look on Game's and CEX's site to see the difference and surprised to see Game are offering higher prices (instore credit) for all of the games I wanted to trade-in.
In all the years I've done this, it is a real rarity to see this.

Maybe Game have adjusted their trade-in prices higher prior to them stopping the price match.

goonergaz

Was thinking of going into town tomorrow too, as I need to trade-in a few things at Game. Had a look on Game's and CEX's site to see the difference and surprised to see Game are offering higher prices (instore credit) for all of the games I wanted to trade-in.

Maybe Game have adjusted their trade-in prices higher prior to them stopping the price match.

I doubt it, the website still says 'will match any local price' - also, the 3 games I got £50 for are still only £23 when I added them just now lol

I might trade my 3DS XL in tomorrow if that is the case.
You definitely should
Might be the cynic in me, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start price matching again a week or two after the Switch comes out. Get a feeling they just introduced it as they are expecting lots of trade ins for launch.
Idk, apparently they started this policy as a test run in certain stores in northern England on 30 January.

It must've been successful there as the manager said theyre rolling it out nationwide. I don't think it's Switch related unfortunately :/

Springy

The manager of the Game I went to last week told me this exactly. He said they'd be making adjustments to be more competitive.

Top Bottom