• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Springy

That sounds mildly hopeful actually. But I still doubt it very much.

Well, I was there to trade something in, and their offer was as good as CEX for the first time in hundreds of trades. I'd hope so, because I like putting trades in credit towards hardware.

How long after does GAME charge preorders?
Because switch is out this friday, I preorder with paypal, and i read that if it takes more than a month, Paypal sometimes fails, and I don't want that to happen D=.

OF: I tried the switch on Saturday in London, and the 1-2 switch doesn't worth those £2 price mistake (that they cancel anyway) ;), the rest is really good, I liked more zelda in the handled than in the tv.

daxy

DutchGAF: Mediamarkt will have the Switch Pro Controller for 59 euros at launch, and you can pre-order them online at that price already.

Bit of a random one, hoping you chaps can help. Does anyone know of a good place to buy Nendoroids either in the UK or with cheap shipping to the UK? eBay is pretty atrocious and ordering directly from Good Smile always incurs some horrendous shipping and import fees. Is there a UK retailer with a decent selection?

Bit of a random one, hoping you chaps can help. Does anyone know of a good place to buy Nendoroids either in the UK or with cheap shipping to the UK? eBay is pretty atrocious and ordering directly from Good Smile always incurs some horrendous shipping and import fees. Is there a UK retailer with a decent selection?

I've recently used http://www.eyeonasia.co.uk to preorder a couple of them, as they are an official Good Smile partner, and they seemed to have better prices than the others, but can't really say much since I haven't got anything yet...

Avoid eBay if you can as Nendoroids have a large bootleg scene.

I noticed the other day that Amazon now sell them. BUT, they are stupidly priced, so forget it. Go to CDJapan or NipponYasan. NY are quite good in that I haven't been charged customs much or ever with them and their prices are always good at the offset (until demand is obviously high). CDJ are hit or miss with regards to customs but their service is so good, packaging is so good, price generally competitive and the points are a nice bonus. Amiami is another option but it's almost always going to be hit with customs. Nin-Nin Games is another option but most on FigureGAF avoid them.Check FigureGAF for more advice.

ty_hot

thegamecollection has COD Infinite Warfare for PS4 for only 17 pounds (free shipping in UK) for the next 12 hours or so.

I got mine (arrived today, yay) from Base, paid roughly the same plus shipping to ES... so if you are in Uk this is probably the cheapest you can get.

Zafir

Avoid eBay if you can as Nendoroids have a large bootleg scene.

I noticed the other day that Amazon now sell them. BUT, they are stupidly priced, so forget it. Go to CDJapan or NipponYasan. NY are quite good in that I haven't been charged customs much or ever with them and their prices are always good at the offset (until demand is obviously high). CDJ are hit or miss with regards to customs but their service is so good, packaging is so good, price generally competitive and the points are a nice bonus. Amiami is another option but it's almost always going to be hit with customs. Nin-Nin Games is another option but most on FigureGAF avoid them.Check FigureGAF for more advice.

It depends what shipping option you use with amiami.

I got a Windwaker Nendoroid from Amiami and it didn't get hit. I chose the cheapest shipping option, though.

I use http://www.biginjap.com/ since they mark the value down on the package if you ask.

theaface

Switch Pro Controller available for £34.99 from Very for new customers using promo code LA4AC (£30 off first order).

There's a delivery charge if sent to your home address but you can click and collect to plenty of local retailers for free.

Also, you don't need a Very credit card. You can use your own payment card or PayPal if you want.

Switch Pro Controller available for £34.99 from Very for new customers using promo code LA4AC (£30 off first order).

There's a delivery charge if sent to your home address but you can click and collect to plenty of local retailers for free.

Also, you don't need a Very credit card. You can use your own payment card or PayPal if you want.
Oh?

Do you need to apply for very credit?

Leemo

Thanks so much for this! Always thought it needed to be a credit account to use the discount - so this is an awesome surprise :)

Glad I could pay with PayPal. I'm having it delivered to a collect+ on Saturday but I'll be away until Sunday so if anything happens Paypal got my back. :p

Hasney

Huh, wasn't going to get a pro controller for a while but OH WELL. Shame they didn't have the neon joy-cons.

I also discovered the presence of a new store just off my street that does this Collect+ malarky. Sweet.

Thanks for this! Just saved me £25!

Huh, wasn't going to get a pro controller for a while but OH WELL. Shame they didn't have the neon joy-cons.

I also discovered the presence of a new store just off my street that does this Collect+ malarky. Sweet.

nice, lol. the one i got it delivered to is "permanently closed" according to google but i used it to return an amazon parcel a couple weeks ago and it's still listed on the actual collect+ website so i assume it's fine. :p

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I know this must have been asked plenty of times, but I'm in the market for a TV upgrade.

I'm thinking 4K, proper 10-bit HDR, and ideally around 42" (40-45 is probably the limit). The biggest kicker - I'd love it if it came in at around £600.

Does anyone have any idea of the best kind of TV that fits? Sony X800d has caught my eye. Much appreciated.

Thanks, ordered one! I was going to wait until it's cheaper, but for that price, I don't thing it's going to go down for quite some time, the ps4/xo are around that price on sale, so it's really nice.

ty_hot

My Horizon from TheGameCollection was dispatched. I am in Spain so maybe they are shipping mine earlier than those that live in the UK... anyway, I hope it comes before the weekend (official street date is Wed).

Hasney

My Horizon from TheGameCollection was dispatched. I am in Spain so maybe they are shipping mine earlier than those that live in the UK... anyway, I hope it comes before the weekend (official street date is Wed).

No, that's just what TGC does. I'll likely have Zelda in my hand Thursday.

oldmario

managed to get a sealed copy of Gravity Rush 2 from game for £30, not surprised they still had some stock (well i got the last sealed copy) the shelf copies were still stickered with £50

also had the guy trying to sell me hard on buying a funko pop, i guess having one side of those small shelfs full of them is showing they're not selling all that well in my town lol

TGC dispatched Horizon here, absolutely buzzing after a shitty day! So excited to play on my brand new OLED!

SimplyGames also charged me for Zelda Wii U...a lovely Wednesday delivery would be great if not Thursday!

NewDust

For those currently without PS+, Sony has an offer on the PSstore for a one month subscription for €0,99/£0,87. Remember, if you only want the one month offer, to turn-off autosubscription.

hohoXD123

Seems today was the last day that Game will price match CEX on trade-ins. Felt good to go to my local Game and annoy the staff with the shitty attitudes one last time. £30 difference for my Wii U games compared to just going with their own trade-in prices, their price match policy was pretty much the only reason I got anything from there, guess I'll use my credit to get a Switch and be done with them.

goonergaz

Seems today was the last day that Game will price match CEX on trade-ins. Felt good to go to my local Game and annoy the staff with the shitty attitudes one last time. £30 difference for my Wii U games compared to just going with their own trade-in prices, their price match policy was pretty much the only reason I got anything from there, guess I'll use my credit to get a Switch and be done with them.

pants, should have gone in today - that's cost me at least £7 on my next trade in :(

Ubersnug

Wait? Seriously? Have they communicated this at all?

sam777

I rarely shop at GAME these days but that has now just became very rarely. At least I got a Grainger Games around the corner who will price match.

illusionary

pants, should have gone in today - that's cost me at least £7 on my next trade in :(
I was told that the last day was yesterday when I asked about a trade-in today - this was at the Manchester Arndale store. Good to see that there's consistency in how they're explaining the change to their staff!

I tried pointing out that their website still have this (below) fairly prominently, without success:

TradeIn-Logo.png

Wait? Seriously? Have they communicated this at all?
Yes. They spoke to trustedreviews in January and I posted it here and in the EU deals thread for the past few days
To an extent, but only quietly - I knew about the policy change from HUKD, but wouldn't have picked up on it otherwise. They're been trialling it in a few stores for a month or so - I'm somewhat surprised (and disappointed!) that it's been successful enough - or I assume, had little enough impact - for it to be rolled out nationally.

ty_hot

Again about my Horizon preorder from thegamecollection:

I did the preorder last week, they 'reserved' the money from my card (i dont know the exact name for this operation)

Then they charged me - but didn't cancel the 'reserved' amount. So now I paid for the game AND have the same amount reserved...

I am asking here because its my first time buying from them but I think it's probably normal and in a few days they should 'unreserve' that. Or should I contact them? I paid using paypal, if that matters.

NateDog

For those currently without PS+, Sony has an offer on the PSstore for a one month subscription for €0,99/£0,87. Remember, if you only want the one month offer, to turn-off autosubscription.
Dude this is perfect. Was going to pay €7 on one month just to get LBP3 this week. Thanks!

Wiggy

I know a few of you were after Gravity Rush 2. Smyth's and Very are also offering it for £29.99 now. Just popped up on HUKD

Thanks, finally snagged this. Oh and you're welcome to everyone who are gonna pick this up in a few days when it drops to £15.

Top Bottom