• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Not a "real deal" Tenerife doesn't have taxes.

That's not entirely true at all but I'm not gonna write a long post about how taxation works here simply because it's not the point, and that doesn't make it so that games are less expensive here, in fact it's the opposite. Other places are selling the Switch for 329EUR.
It's a deal alright.

I guess all those Play.com's and eStores from Jersey deals back in the day weren't deals either then :p

Patrick S.

Banned
That's not entirely true at all but I'm not gonna write a long post about how taxation works here simply because it's not the point, and that doesn't make it so that games are less expensive here, in fact it's the opposite. Other places are selling the Switch for 329EUR.
It's a deal alright.

I guess all those Play.com's and eStores from Jersey deals back in the day weren't deals either then :p

Are you from Tenerife?

Is there any place to order persona 5 CE?

I just got this from amazon.com:
I'm in the UK.

Hello,

Due to delivery restrictions on your order #xxxxxx, we won't be able to send you Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition.

This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon. Although the amount of these substances in these products is usually quite limited, these products need to be transported in a certain way to ensure that they are handled with care.

Unfortunately, this means that we're not able to ship your order and it has been canceled.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

The only place where is still in stock is in amazon.fr, how much or these things are on french usually?
Been Atlus I don't think the manual or whatever will be on french right?

Sakujou

Banned

I'm in the UK.

The only place where is still in stock is in amazon.fr, how much or these things are on french usually?

if there is anything at all in other languages.
except the outer packaging, everything is mostly in english.
ni no kuni had a cool book in it, which wasnt translated. super sad, since the german translation was the TITS.

companies should put some efforts in this, instead of just delivering the game and just be glad to make some money.
put some soul into it.

Hasney

I'm in the UK.

The US ones and steelbook editions are being cancelled too. I wonder if there's something just messed up about it.

Mines with SimplyGames, hopefully it's OK.

Zafir

The US ones and steelbook editions are being cancelled too. I wonder if there's something just messed up about it.

Mines with SimplyGames, hopefully it's OK.

Yeah my Amazon.com CE pre-order got cancelled. Fortunately I also have a Simply Games CE pre-order too, the Amazon one was a backup anyway.

I am kind of worried Simply won't deliver since in the past they've over sold stuff though.

I guess we'll see...

sphinx

the piano man
Anywhere I can find RE7 on XB1 for about 30€? I'm in Italy if that helps

I've been looking for RE7 on PS4 exactly at that price in all usual european internet stores but it's set firmly in the upper price range... it won't budge.

I am currently going through other games but I think I'll jump in in a couple of weeks if it's clear it won't move.

im_dany

I've been looking for RE7 on PS4 exactly at that price in all usual european internet stores but it's set firmly in the upper price range... it won't budge.

I am currently going through other games but I think I'll jump in in a couple of weeks if it's clear it won't move.

I can wait, but I thought it would drop more, it released like 2 months ago. I still have Zelda, Recore, Zombi to complete.

sphinx

the piano man
absolutely, I think RE7 is guaranteed 30€ in Q4 in Europe, if people can wait, they definitely should.

my problem is, I have time to play the game exactly in April,

between May and October, my gaming time will be extremely limited

in November/December I'll very likely be jumping in the nintendo bandwagon,

So i'll pay the premium but enjoy me some RE goodness

keep

I'm heading to Japan soon from the UK for a trip and noticed the Switch retails for 29,980 yen over there, which is a meagre £215. I read about the ability to shop tax-free there when you show your passport which is cool but is it possible to, in plain terms, get it from there to the UK with no extra cost to me? I am stopping in the Netherlands for a few days on the way back to the UK which might also change what to be aware of in terms of what to do at the airport.

I was thinking of just unboxing the whole thing and sticking it into a carry case loose in my bag anyway and putting the two docks in my suitcase, to save space and hassle (and have some Shovel Knight to play on the flight back). Is this dodgy AF or no big deal? I really don't know.

That is assuming there will be any in stock over there, which I'm totally expecting there to not be!

I flew to Japan from London and back and I brought back WAY more than 390 pounds worth of stuff including an iPad, videogames, clothes, soundtracks, etc. If you brought 10 sealed Switch in boxes they may question it, but if you're buying for yourself I wouldn't worry at all.

Footos22

Just traded in a few games to Game for Nioh and Nier. They gave me 26 quid for Lego Harry Potter collection. No idea why. Only cost me 18 quid at launch.

popo

I flew to Japan from London and back and I brought back WAY more than 390 pounds worth of stuff including an iPad, videogames, clothes, soundtracks, etc. If you brought 10 sealed Switch in boxes they may question it, but if you're buying for yourself I wouldn't worry at all.

Did you declare any of that or were you just lucky not to be randomly stopped?

Lokbob

Does anyone know what the deal with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven is?
I think it only came out physically in FR and UK(?) with a seemingly super low print run since no store is selling the game anymore.

Does anyone know what the deal with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven is?
I think it only came out physically in FR and UK(?) with a seemingly super low print run since no store is selling the game anymore.

It was also released in Spain and the Benelux. Probably other Euro countries as well.

Definitely not a "super low print run". It can still be found on Amazon. For fairly reasonable prices too. E.g.: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01EVLDXRK/

Just traded in a few games to Game for Nioh and Nier. They gave me 26 quid for Lego Harry Potter collection. No idea why. Only cost me 18 quid at launch.

I think their trade in prices have actually gone up since they stopped price matching competitors. I was looking at trading in a few games and they were offering more than CEX on their app.

sphinx

the piano man
Did you declare any of that or were you just lucky not to be randomly stopped?

while traveling across countries you never declare stuff for your personal use.

if you bring one Switch with you, is like your phone or your tablet or your 3DS, is personal stuff.

everything is exactly legal, you don't have to lie or feel like you are smuggling or anything. .

Eolz

Did anyone ever buy from Grooves-inc.co.uk ? Seems to be the only place with SMTIV A at a decent price nowadays...
I know it's on sale on the eshop, but I'd like a physical version :/

popo

while traveling across countries you never declare stuff for your personal use.

if you bring one Switch with you, is like your phone or your tablet or your 3DS, is personal stuff.

everything is exactly legal, you don't have to lie or feel like you are smuggling or anything. .

The poster was talking about buying goods abroad and returning with them - in which case the government's own site seem to disagree with you.

Allowance for other goods
You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).

If a single item’s worth more than your allowance you pay any duty or tax on its full value, not just the value above the allowance.

If you go over your allowance

You pay Customs Duty on anything you bring in above your allowance. The rate:

- is 2.5% for goods worth up to £630

- depends on the type of goods if they’re worth more than £630 - check by calling the VAT, Customs and Excise Helpline

You may also have to pay import VAT.

Thank you!

Can you buy Switch digital games from game.co.uk and add them to an account from another European country?

I remember doing that with my 3DS, but I'm not sure if that's the case any more.

deadfolk

Can you buy Switch digital games from game.co.uk and add them to an account from another European country?

I remember doing that with my 3DS, but I'm not sure if that's the case any more.

I don't know for sure, but worst case you can create a UK account to redeem and download, and still play the games with your EU account.

Top Bottom