• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrXym

CTLance said:
33xvghy.png

D:

You probably have to set Play.com to Euros, where you'll discover if the price is different or not.

CTLance

DrXym said:
You probably have to set Play.com to Euros, where you'll discover if the price is different or not.
The only thing I did was navigate manually to the games' page instead of using the link from the post. But whatever. It worked, my game is on the way, I'm happy. :D

Thanks for wanting to help.

Well at that sodding price I couldn't resist so I ordered one.

As far I know when it comes to my German the details that I read were that its a Xbox 360HD-DVD player with remote controll all for 10 Euro for me 13 quid which is fan fooking tasic saves me nearly 30 quid, now show me cheap HD DVDs!

Kafel

Banned
XenonOxide said:
Well at that sodding price I couldn't resist so I ordered one.

As far I know when it comes to my German the details that I read were that its a Xbox 360HD-DVD player with remote controll all for 10 Euro for me 13 quid which is fan fooking tasic saves me nearly 30 quid, now show me cheap HD DVDs!

Does the remote work for the 360 ? (not the player)

And I agree, share your good links to find cheap HD DVDs !

dak1dsk1

Banned
Can you run games from the external drive? Maybe it's more silent than the internal drive?n Does it play normal DVD's and CD's as well?

For all those smug gits like myself who bought one of them 360 HD-DVD drive for 10 euro heres some cheap HD-DVD's for y'all

Play.com HD-DVD's from £4.99 - Here
DVD.co.uk 2 for £10 - Here

Well I've already got one and a fair few HD DVDs but I might just buy one for my PC...hmm at that price its hard to resist, aghh to hell with it, I could use a "backup".

Anyone got a link to a guide to setting it up for your PC?

DC R1D3R

Banned
XenonOxide said:
For all those smug gits like myself who bought one of them 360 HD-DVD drive for 10 euro heres some cheap HD-DVD's for y'all

Play.com HD-DVD's from £4.99 - Here
DVD.co.uk 2 for £10 - Here

Damn bro!!

Nice selection, CHEERS :]

sullytao

dak1dsk1 said:
Can you run games from the external drive? Maybe it's more silent than the internal drive?n Does it play normal DVD's and CD's as well?
I'd love to know this aswell. I wouldn't buy one for the movies but if it means I can put another game in and save me disk swapping then I'm in :D

dak1dsk1 said:

No, you can't play games, but you can play DVDs and I guess CDs, too.

Kinan

Damn, I just a few weeks ago bought a new dvd drive for PC for more than that. i'm trying to find another reason to buy the addon anyway, but cant :(.

How universal is that remote?

dak1dsk1

Banned
Kinan said:
Damn, I just a few weeks ago bought a new dvd drive for PC for more than that. i'm trying to find another reason to buy the addon anyway, but cant :(.

How universal is that remote?
Very universal. I use it on my TV.

nny

The drive is pc compatible and comes with a universal remote? ok, I'm sold.

..now that was fun, trying to find my way through the german, babelfish is my friend. It seems GAF is going to buy all of them. :D

Gagaman

GAME is selling NiGHTS Journey of Dreams for £12.99 when I looked there today. Sega games sure do come down quick (I got his when it was £20 about a month or two ago). Now to wait for cheap Ghost Squad and House of the Dead :D

Alpha_eX

Gagaman said:
GAME is selling NiGHTS Journey of Dreams for £12.99 when I looked there today. Sega games sure do come down quick (I got his when it was £20 about a month or two ago). Now to wait for cheap Ghost Squad and House of the Dead :D

Ghost Squad is £15 on GAME's website.

My order shipped yesterday. I bought about 10 HD-DVDs from Amazon.co.uk, now I've seen that Play link XenonOxide posted.

This is suddenly becoming very expensive!

CTLance

2ajryc1.jpg

In case some of you guys want to buy Speed Racer Wii, Play.com has it in store for 25€, a pretty nice price if you ask me. Compared to the 40 bucks amazon.de wants, anyway.

Dunno if this qualifies as a deal or not, so... buy at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom