• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OMG Aero said:
Oh, in that case it isn't really much of a deal at all since 1000 points from the Wii shop channel cost £7.
Unless you really want to save that 2p.
Yeah, but DS points cost £10 for 1000.

OMG Aero said:
Oh, in that case it isn't really much of a deal at all since 1000 points from the Wii shop channel cost £7.
Unless you really want to save that 2p.
If you buy 6 of them and live in the UK it is a good deal due to free delivery on orders over £25. As was said before, it is unlikely they'll re-stock.

Menaged said:
What the f*** is up with inFamous?!
Why is it 38 pounds everywhere (Sites that ships WW - blahdvd, game, zaavi and some more)???

I want this game so badly but I don't know if I want to pay that much for it. And I just know that a few days after I'll buy it, the price will drop to around 30 pounds :(

Why are you doing this to me?!

worse for me, I have a thing for (not too expensive) CEs/SEs. The cheapest Infamous one (only PAL-version available) I saw was 40£ + European-shipping.
I liked the demo really much, but I had no time back then. I hoped with time the 40£ would go down, but no. Now I feel I should have bought i back at release (for that time, this would have been a good price for a CE) :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Keyser Soze said:
ChoicesUK: Guitar Hero Aerosmith (w/ Wireless Guitar)- £24.98

LOL, £30 for shipping to Europe?! :O

from the website:
UK and International Delivery Charges

UK Orders under £25 £1.99
UK Orders over £25 FREE
Europe £30
Rest of world £50

Menaged

SolidusDave said:
worse for me, I have a thing for (not too expensive) CEs/SEs. The cheapest Infamous one (only PAL-version available) I saw was 40£ + European-shipping.
I liked the demo really much, but I had no time back then. I hoped with time the 40£ would go down, but no. Now I feel I should have bought i back at release (for that time, this would have been a good price for a CE) :(

You can get the CE from blahdvd for 40 pounds, and I think shipping is an extra 2.
I'm buying my copy from MyMemory after I'll get my PayPal code.

FerranMG

CTLance said:
mip6dg.png

I'm honestly only keeping this order for the lulz.

Hehe, I'm at the very same place. :lol

dazed808 said:
May well be mis-priced but I'm ordering now just in case

done thx :D

though that would be the last game I expect not to be worth the full price (will have HUGE amount of content + the loooong development time).

I expect the order to be canceled, but 24.13£ (shipped to germany) would be awesome ^^

YianGaruga said:
Delicious price.
I know what the site says with price guarantee, but does anybody have experiences with amazon in cases like this? Is there a chance that they actually honor it?

well, actually most shops will charge the price of the time you made the preorder = the "bill" (If it was no mistake-price of course, otherwise they will just cancel you orders/update it).
Amazon just has the extra, that it will automatically charge the lowest price occurring in the time between your preorder and the shipping date (doubt it get lower than this though ^^ ).
You would have to do that yourself in other shops (cancel preorder, create new one etc.).

drkOne

I doubt Amazon will honor it. I had my Aion Collector's Edition pre-ordered because they had it for around £22 and they ended sending an email saying how the price had been changed and if I still wanted it (now for £45ish) to make the order again.

YianGaruga said:
Delicious price.
I know what the site says with price guarantee, but does anybody have experiences with amazon in cases like this? Is there a chance that they actually honor it?

Their price guarantee is pretty fucking excellent. They mismarked the 3000 Nintendo points pack with a £35 RRP down to £13. I ordered 4 @ £13 each and they sent every single one to me at that price. :lol

Oh and great spot on Gran Turismo 5. I've ordered 2 copies so I can either gift them or part exchange them. :)

batbeg

Keyser Soze said:
All Chart Games (PSP PS3 360 WII DS) are supposed to be £19.99 at Tesco (instore) this Friday... that includes new releases (if they are in Tesco's chart) :D

Keep an eye on this HotUKDeal thread for stuff: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/453606/tesco-all-chart-games-19-99-this-fr/

Sweet, I'm working this Thursday night and Friday at Tesco's, will have to see if there's anything decent in (Sacred 2 maybe? OMG I hope so).

dani_dc said:
A bit late but.
Zavvi Mega Monday:
Overlord Wii - £7.95
Star Ocean -£14.95

I figure the prices should last a few more hours for those still around.

Tempted to pick Overlord Wii, on another hand I'm wondering how much more can the price drop :lol

They have 82 pages of promotions but there's no option to single out video games, so there might be more good stuff in there.

Picked up Overlord Wii and Mushroom Men. As to your point, aren't these the bargain games? There's sections for the other systems to the left. It was under "Bargin Games" (sic) when I clicked on Wii games...

Ubersnug

CTLance said:
mip6dg.png

I'm honestly only keeping this order for the lulz.

I was the same. Xmas 2008, Play had it going for £9.99 but it was out of stock when I made the order. Still wasn;t back in stock 6 months later. Ended up seeing it on ebay for a 'Buy it now' for £9.99, so bought that instead.

.nimrod

If you preorder something at zavvi, do they charge you the price the item had when you ordered or do they charge the actual price on release?
I ordered the Forza 3 Limited Edition for £39, and now it's up to £49 again.

Also, how fast do they ship new releases to other european countries?
I've only ordered 1 thing yet, and that took almost two weeks to arrive

batbeg

Just got an e-mail from zavvi by the way, explaining why the Mega Monday stuff is still going on:

Mega Monday Groundhog Day - More Titles & Bigger Savings

Yes, It's Groundhog Day and Tuesday has suddenly become Mega

:lol I like it.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Keyser Soze said:
All Chart Games (PSP PS3 360 WII DS) are supposed to be £19.99 at Tesco (instore) this Friday... that includes new releases (if they are in Tesco's chart) :D

I hope this is for real- would be a good way of finally picking up Infamous.

Dascu

Grrr, ordered Street Fighter 4 PC and Dead Space PC yesterday from TheHut, but the status is now "Awaiting Stock Pick" with an estimated dispatch date of August 12. My new PC will probably be here end of the week or early next week and I won't have any games to try out on it!

On an unrelatred note, do all the sites mentioned need to sell first - hand, new games? If not, then CEX have really good prices on second hand games. Since the company is British, all prices are in pounds, so I'm not sure if it's gonna be a better deal for other GAFers.

But it's worth having a look at from time to time, especially for slightly less recent releases, as their prices often drop quite dramatically after a month or so.

Any good deals on a DS Lite battery? Or perhaps 3rd party DS Lite battery deals (for prolonged life... are they any good?) as my Jap release DS Lite is getting less and less play for each new charge :(

Tonza

Keyser Soze said:
Good Preorder price

TheHut: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) - £24.93

Use the code HUT10 for an extra 10% off £22.44

At that price I had to order it. Thanks for the link.

Also bought Star Ocean 360 from Zavvi.

Tonza said:
At that price I had to order it. Thanks for the link.

Also bought Star Ocean 360 from Zavvi.
I still can't order from thehut. Every time I confirm my details I get a 500 error "page not found". Am I the only one? I'd really like to preorder Batman at that price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom