• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
cjelly said:
£25 on JohnLewis.com

Wow that's a great price for Punchout, thanks anyway but unfortunately I don't live in London anymore (for the time being) and they don't seem to ship to Continental Europe.

meppi

SolidusDave said:
Speaking of the devil, I actually wanted to order something from them and the website gives me an errormessage with both paypal or CC :(

Could it be that you have to go to the paypal page while you have £ selected instead of €?
I tried to pay with €s but got the message that I could only pay with £s.
Got Pure on PS3 for only £10.

Very happy. Bought it yesterday and it already arrived today!
Never had this happen with any other shop that ships from the UK to Belgium.
Postage is £3.50, but still.

meppi said:
Could it be that you have to go to the paypal page while you have £ selected instead of €?
I tried to pay with €s but got the message that I could only pay with £s.

mh no, I chose £ from the start (cheaper that way I think), it does not give me a specific error for paypal (login is fine) and with CC is says something about 3D verification needed.

NinjaFridge said:
No doubt been mentioned before but can't hurt to give it another shout out. Symths is selling Rockband 'Band in a Box' for £34.99.
I'm thinking of picking it up myself, any reason why i shouldn't?

Well, I found the guitar awful because of the mushy strum bar (YMMV), and the drums apparently have a very high failure rate.

But if you wanna give it a go then the price is good and they should work with upcoming band games too (well, not 100% on the Wii instruments). There's no game with it, I'd suggest Rock Band 2 for that (and renting RB1 to export the songs to RB2)...

SolidusDave said:
Speaking of the devil, I actually wanted to order something from them and the website gives me an errormessage with both paypal or CC :(

Could your credit card be compromised? I got a call from HSBC telling me that CCs ending with a certain code have been compromised and that they're now sending me a new CC because of this security breach. It's quite annoying cos The Hut have delayed my order for Flower, Rain and Sun @ £4.88. I hope they don't cancel it.

wackojackosnose said:
Could your credit card be compromised? I got a call from HSBC telling me that CCs ending with a certain code have been compromised and that they're now sending me a new CC because of this security breach. It's quite annoying cos The Hut have delayed my order for Flower, Rain and Sun @ £4.88. I hope they don't cancel it.

nah, the CC is fine, as I said, paypal don't work for me either (and I bought something on ebay with that yesterday ^^).
Guess I have to ask shopto about it, maybe something is just wrong with my useraccount.
thx for the suggestions though guys.

edit: oh and that Eyepet bundle sounds tempting, the camera alone is more expensive :eek:

Dre

Fox1304 said:
Bought, thanks !
( Free delivery to Yurop , surprised me ... that's nice )
That's not really the case, the use that for marketing purposes only.
They charge for delivery, but they have a subtle way to hide them.
Ever wondered why customers from continental Europe are not allowed to order their goods in £, unlike amazon.co.uk for example ? Or why their £ -> € conversion is way off and always seems to be in favor of the pound sterling ? ;-)

That being said I still like them, even though they seem to ship used games from time to time (happened to me twice).

Fox1304

Dre said:
That's not really the case, the use that for marketing purposes only.
They charge for delivery, but they have a subtle way to hide them.
Ever wondered why customers from continental Europe are not allowed to order their goods in £, unlike amazon.co.uk for example ? Or why their £ -> € conversion is way off and always seems to be in favor of the pound sterling ? ;-)

Yep, always knew that their conversion was off, but I was expecting to pay shipping over all this, like lot of websites do.
So when I saw it was free, even if it's hidden in the price, I found it pretty nice.
You know, some others do the same conversion, and add some shipping to their hidden shipping :lol

Brought Too Human for £4.98 in a retail GAME store, 2 copies as my cousin grabbed one too, very fun game and <3 loot farming.

I think that I will skip on the forza 3 CE and go with the tesco direct regular pre-order for £32, it's £23 cheaper, lacks a memory stick that I already own a few of and I prefer to save myself that much money over having "vip" powers on the F3 marketplace, since we do not know what these powers are or how useful they are going to be they are not getting my extra money without explaining it.

Bastards!! I didn't bold the original deal because I haven't had my order accepted yet. Stop ordering it until I get my copy!!! (Damn HSBC
and Shopto?
and their slow card replacement time!)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yazan said:
Ordered as well, can't go wrong if a game costs £5 game.

You seem to get a lot of things Dash :p

Well you can't go wrong it's £5 for a Suda51 game, chances are that it'll still be a memorable experience even if it ends up being partly crappy :p
Plus I'm much more prone to buy portable games than home-console games, since I don't get to play much on the couch as I do on the toil... ehmm, on-the-go.

I've got an oooooooold "new" pm from you, I've just remembered!
Damn I suck, and it's a long one too, sorry mate... I'm so damn lazy that when I saw it the first time I must'have thought "well, tomorrow I'll take the time to reply". :/

Firestorm

Hey guys, what's a good UK game site that ships to Canada? Needs to grab Ashes Cricket 2009 for a friend.

Edit: Seems to be £37.99 with £4.95 shipping from GAME... but they don't remove VAT even though I don't live in the country...
Edit2: ok nvm. Ordered from http://www.365games.co.uk/ for £36.48 shipped which came out to about $67 CAD... oddly enough, that's cheaper than buying new PS3 games at retail here.

Shoogoo

Firestorm said:
Hey guys, what's a good UK game site that ships to Canada? Needs to grab Ashes Cricket 2009 for a friend.

Edit: Seems to be £37.99 with £4.95 shipping from GAME... but they don't remove VAT even though I don't live in the country...
Edit2: ok nvm. Ordered from http://www.365games.co.uk/ for £36.48 shipped which came out to about $67 CAD... oddly enough, that's cheaper than buying new PS3 games at retail here.

I think this happens to anyone buying games from the UK. New games (360) are around £39.99 (~46€) and in most european countries they go for over 60€, sometimes going up to 69€.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tranced Shadow said:
Well, I found the guitar awful because of the mushy strum bar (YMMV), and the drums apparently have a very high failure rate.

But if you wanna give it a go then the price is good and they should work with upcoming band games too (well, not 100% on the Wii instruments). There's no game with it, I'd suggest Rock Band 2 for that (and renting RB1 to export the songs to RB2)...

if you want to play drums in the UK, there is no other choice really, as the RB2 drums have never been released here (at least I don't think so)

mrklaw said:
if you want to play drums in the UK, there is no other choice really, as the RB2 drums have never been released here (at least I don't think so)

The Beatles drums could be a option, they're just like the RB2 drums.

Benedict

Zavvi.co.uk has 10% discount on almost all of its products (excluding electronics and computing) this weekend

Use codes ZAVVI10 or WEEKEND10

Gowans

What a fart on I had today.

Gamestations Price matching policy is mental, went to the one in south shields wanting to match CEX.

Because there isn't a CEX in Shields I had to got to the Gamestation in Newcastle.

Then when I got there they wanted proof, so I got the site up on my iphone but they needed printouts, they said they would do it but they couldn't do it from their PC as they were IP blocked my CEX hmm.

Anyway in the end I ended up going to CEX, got a couple of things but I still have a £47 credit note. didn't want to waste it on games as I rent now.

So what can I flip (buying from CEX and trading to Gamestation with pricematching) to get this note into credit for New games or MS points (CEX does neither).

Any ideas?

Yazan

The game has been shipped (Flower, Rain and Sun)!!

Dash Kappei said:
Well you can't go wrong it's £5 for a Suda51 game, chances are that it'll still be a memorable experience even if it ends up being partly crappy :p
Plus I'm much more prone to buy portable games than home-console games, since I don't get to play much on the couch as I do on the toil... ehmm, on-the-go.

I've got an oooooooold "new" pm from you, I've just remembered!
Damn I suck, and it's a long one too, sorry mate... I'm so damn lazy that when I saw it the first time I must'have thought "well, tomorrow I'll take the time to reply". :/

:lol I am exact the same, haven't really played anything for the PS3/360 in a while. Got Dead Space for a cheap price in the beginning of the summer and finished it, other than that almost nothing. And it's the same for wii, I usually only play Smash with my brothers when I visit them.

But I get a lot of things to my DS/GBA mostly because I've always have them with me.

Don't worry man, I am usually the same (once again). Read a PM and leave it for a while before I remember that I hadn't replied yet.

Keyser Soze said:
Zavvi Preorder: Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - £29.95 (that's €36)
Very nice, but I want to hold out for the pc version :S

Wonder if that zavvi 10% is still working, could do with some ms points. *edit* lol they have 2100 points for £20, no thanks.

Danneee

Diablohead said:
Very nice, but I want to hold out for the pc version :S

Wonder if that zavvi 10% is still working, could do with some ms points. *edit* lol they have 2100 points for £20, no thanks.

They had them for £15 (and £20 I might add) but the 10% code didnt work with MS points.

Roxas

acm2000 said:
:lol

so thats what desperation looks like

Not a bad idea, Radiohead did it with one of their albums and it turned out quite well for them...

I think it will eliminate a lot of pirates just downloading it for free.

acm2000

Roxas said:
Not a bad idea, Radiohead did it with one of their albums and it turned out quite well for them...

I think it will eliminate a lot of pirates just downloading it for free.

umm, i dont think they care about piracy, its more the fact that no one buys championship manager :p they buy football manager

Anso said:
PS3 Slim, €299, everywhere, Sept 1st.

Yeah, I went there.

osbdhu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom