• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizpig

e905cae6c58abed0e38f15a5193b3a05.png

:D GAME Uk

F#A#Oo

Banned
Wizpig said:
More importantly, how does a videogame store get banned from Gaf?:lol

Apparently ShopTo has been leaking CC details...but no one has proof other then anecdotal evidence...like "I only ever used this 1 credit card for one purchase ever in the time I had it and it was at ShopTo" Blah blah blah!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
F#A#Oo said:
Apparently ShopTo has been leaking CC details...but no one has proof other then anecdotal evidence...like "I only ever used this 1 credit card for one purchase ever in the time I had it and it was at ShopTo" Blah blah blah!
I was hit by it, as well.

However, they now allow you to use PayPal so I'd use them again. Hence why I wanted to link to the Overlord II deal.

batbeg

Keyser Soze said:
Coolshop: Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS2) - £17.99

...from Konami's new limited run of reprints for the game

FUCK. I have been trying to get this cheap for years and now it finally is, but I don't have a PS2 ;.;

F#A#Oo said:
Shopto employee?

.nimrod

Is it common that when you order something at hmv the status instantly says "completely shipped"?
I ordered Lost Odyssey last week, and it didn't arrive yet nor did i get an email that it has been shipped...

meppi

Say what you want about Shopto but they are one of the few shops that seem to reliably send out the games you order the same day.

Prices for bargains are sometimes incredible and games arrive very quickly and in top shape.

Before anyone starts to wonder, yes I had my card compromised as well and didn't use the shop for quite a while.
But since they now accept paypal, I don't see any reason why not to use them anymore.

Just my two cents.

And please people, after so many pages of this, can we finally put this behind us one way or another.
This thread should be all about getting great games for great prizes, not about going on and on and on about what shop did when and how. At least not for eternity.

F#A#Oo

Banned
CTLance said:
...what are your thoughts on tortoises?

I can honestly say my only experience with them has been when I was little my aunt use to keep 2 tortoises in a large laundry bucket...and one time because they went on "Ferro Augusto" holiday...one of them died...it stunk like shit!

Danneee

meppi said:
I don't see any reason why not to use them anymore.

Its already been discussed several times in this thread.

edit: my opinion aside, it is getting pretty old reading everyother post about shop.to, just post the deals then let people choose for themselves then.

And I obviously didnt read mappys post thoroughly enough, my bad.

Fox1304

Amazon.co.uk said:
Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

'Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)' - ASIN: B002BWONDK

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

I tried ...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Danneee said:

They acted like complete idiots in the matter and simply doesnt deserve my money, if anyone still wants to use them, fine, but stop complaining about people who doesnt.

That isn't a complaint

meppi

Danneee said:

They acted like complete idiots in the matter and simply doesnt deserve my money, if anyone still wants to use them, fine, but stop complaining about people who doesnt.

sigh...

MODERN WARFARE 2 FOR £35.97

Figured that deserved bolding/etc to get people's attention, seeing as how nearly everybody will be getting it.

Tesco's website are selling Modern Warfare 2 for £35.97 if you pre-order it. Delivery is free.

Neil

^ It's £44.96, in the checkout...
EDIT: Weird. Working now. Maybe something else I had in the basket was affecting the offer.

Neil said:
^ It's £44.96, in the checkout...
EDIT: Weird. Working now. Maybe something else I had in the basket was affecting the offer.

It's weird; they have two checkout systems or something, and it only works on one. I've edited my link to the right one now, as I think I was redirected without realising.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
F#A#Oo said:
I wish...I'm just an Italian plumber... :(

Vaffanculo ShopD'oh! (2000€ here).
Why the fuck do you keep insisting with it? Unless you're really tied to them.
You wanna use that run-by-amateurs website? Cool, it's not like you'll get stung if you don't post their deals here... right?

Anectodal evidence my ass.
Basta.

Willeth

A little bird just told me about this: GAME have a deal on where any purchase over £50 can get £5 off, with the code LEALTA09. However, if you include a preorder in the checkout to bring it over £50, and then cancel the preorder in the options, you can get the £5 off anything. You might want to read up on the terms before doing this, as it's obviously a little sneaky, but it can be done.

Willeth

It's £4.98 preowned in store right now. Hell, you'd have to pay me to play that game.

Uh. Actually, I guess they'd owe me 2p if I did that. So they would be paying me.

Hm. Give me a minute to read the terms. :lol

Willeth

I don't imagine you would. The worst they can do is cancel the order outright. Charging you more than the checkout says is illegal. Littlewoods/Additions have come under fire for it in the past.

Essentially it comes down to what the checkout says.

Benson

Do Tesco Direct send via post or on one of the tesco local delivery vans?

Seems like it might be on their vans, "Your item(s) will be delivered directly from the supplier, who will contact you to arrange a convenient delivery time."

J Tourettes said:
They've been that price (and out of stock) for well over 8 months now. GAME seems to like to lower items to an absurdly low price then never, ever get them in stock again.

For some reason (
profit margins being greater on 3rd party cable
) it is hard to find Official Component cables instock anywhere online.

The best luck is finding them in the real world in the high street. I've seen them in Blockbust and HMV. I think HMV was charging a ridiculous £35 though and Blockbuster £25.

Starwolf_UK said:
They've been that price (and out of stock) for well over 8 months now. GAME seems to like to lower items to an absurdly low price then never, ever get them in stock again.

For some reason (
profit margins being greater on 3rd party cable
) it is hard to find Official Component cables instock anywhere online.

The best luck is finding them in the real world in the high street. I've seen them in Blockbust and HMV. I think HMV was charging a ridiculous £35 though and Blockbuster £25.

I managed to pick mine up for £19 something on the web around January time. Can't remember who it was though as I managed to delete a lot of my yahoo emails by accident the other day and didn't realise at the time so by the time I realised the trash had been emptied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom