• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheese vs. Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

r2cIqAI.jpg

I've always loved smoked applewood. I could eat that all day.

Applewood smoked cheddar for me too.

Bravocado

God this topic is making my mouth water. So many choices, I could never decide.

Brie and real parmesan are up there though.

Can we agree that American cheese is the worst cheese? If i'm not mistakenly it isn't even legally cheese. Its "processed cheese product."

AMUSIX

Can we agree that American cheese is the worst cheese? If i'm not mistakenly it isn't even legally cheese. Its "processed cheese product."

As long as you're using "American cheese" to name the style of 'cheese' and not in reference to 'any cheese from the US'. Because a good jack is one of the best out there:
zr02aO6l.jpg

thomaser

I like best hard cheeses like Parmigiano Reggiano, Manchego, Pecorino and Comté. Best if they're aged, the longer the better. One of those, some good fresh bread and a great olive oil, and you have a fantastic meal.

stilton_.jpg

Stilton - Port wine, dark fruits, crackers

There's a phenomenal range of pies in the United Kingdom under the 'Higgidy' brand and they have the most gorgeous beef, Stilton and ale pie (well, for ones that come pre-made).

I say this purely because I have to agree with this man, also for a nice idea to try, Stilton is absolutely wonderful on dark chocolate digestive biscuits.

I'm not a fan of funky cheeses, so the bries and stiltons of the world aren't for me.

I dig all the standards like Cheddar, Swiss, and Mozzarella.

We use all kinds in our work. Taw valley, manchego, emmental, davidstow, applewood, mozzarella, the list goes on.

But I love stilton the most, even though we don't use that in our products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom