• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheese vs. Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

Really depends on what I'm using it for, eating it with, or how I'm feeling...

but Gouda, Muenster, and Monterey Jack are all fantastic.

UfkHUjL.jpg

q5VKpf2.jpg

bEml0Vn.jpg

MarkusRJR

I want to try some more cheeses, but I don't want to buy some bad kinds. I currently like Mozzarella, Havarti, Cheddar, and occasionally Gouda. I dislike hot/spicy cheeses, smelly blue cheeses, and swiss cheese (which in my opinion tastes like the smell of a stinky shoe).

What would you recommend I try? I see a lot of good looking cheeses in this thread but I'm worried they'll be bad or not to my preferences.

That's a very orange-looking cheddar in the OP. I thought it was usually yellower than that...

My pick is Lancashire crumbly - great on cream crackers or water biscuits!

wrawA0u.jpg

Cheese laced with whiskey.

Hands down the intensest flavour I have experienced in any food, and easily one of the best. I had this one in Skye with some family friends at the end of big dinner, fantastic palette cleanser.

I so wanna try this.

SmokyDave

Hot 'n' Spicy Cheddar is my favourite I reckon. That, or Edam.

Hell, anything mentioned so far will do. I'm yet to find a 'bad' cheese.

Exceptionally sharp and mature cheddar of the most intense and pungent sort.

Saint-André, a triple-cream cheese that is like a Brie with a consistency approaching butter.

I have enjoyed many a cheese, but I think those two are favorites that I'll never tired of.

Great-God

Banned
Manchego is awesome but it isn't a melting cheese or as versitle as cheddar.

Who'd commit the crime of melting Manchego? It's a cheese to degustate, not to put on pizza.
French cheeses are fine, but after a year of living there and not tasting a single hard cheese, the creamy ones made me sick lol.
Not that I eat it that much nowadays, damn saturated fatty acids.

Fake edit: love all kinds of blue cheese (Roquefort, Cabrales...)

Apt101

Cheddar. Sharp or mild, I can eat it with just about anything that cheese pairs with.

I don't know the name of it, but it's often melted and kind of thin in a lot of Mexican dishes.

Has no one mentioned Lancashire yet, disappointed in you GAF, absolutely delicious and scientifically proven to make the best cheese on toast

I'm just glad to see such a fine spread getting due accolades here in the land on NeoGAF, may IronGAF bless you all---probably have to recuse myself though...

Feta baby!

feta-cheese.jpg

You haven't had a cheese toastie until you've had a feta cheese toastie

The only person I ever met that called a grilled cheese a cheese toastie lived in Central Illinois. Are you from Central Illinois?

Oh, and I love Asiago cheese. Pepper jack is also great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom