• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
It's pretty weird that we all seem to go to the same places. I bet I have run into some of you guys in real life and not realized it.

It's almost like we were over your shoulder watching you type this.

Sets we claim, duh.

These are bangers I have personally seen.

MLD

Latin Kings

Spanish Cobras

Vice Lords

Hells Angels

Outlaws

Speaking of the last two, I didn't know Chicago was the site of the 3rd largest car bombing in the US.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dear Chicago-GAF

Hi, my name is Kave Man I will be visiting your lovely city from February 29 to March 3.

Is there any attractions or sights you would recommend? I'm not very picky so throw out any suggestions.

I can say for sure I am going to try some of the deep dish pizza you guys are so famous for. And I will be seeing the Leafs/Blackhawks game on the 29th. Other then that I don't have anything else planned. I'm just visiting my sister who's at school there right now.

Thanks in advance.

Mest30

Banned
It's almost like we were over your shoulder watching you type this.

These are bangers I have personally seen.

MLD

Latin Kings

Spanish Cobras

Vice Lords

Hells Angels

Outlaws

Speaking of the last two, I didn't know Chicago was the site of the 3rd largest car bombing in the US.

You've never seen a GD, the largest gang in Chicago by far? Where you hang out that you run into to all the hispanic gangs, the super mall?

Dear Chicago-GAF

Hi, my name is Kave Man I will be visiting your lovely city from February 29 to March 3.

Is there any attractions or sights you would recommend? I'm not very picky so throw out any suggestions.

I can say for sure I am going to try some of the deep dish pizza you guys are so famous for. And I will be seeing the Leafs/Blackhawks game on the 29th. Other then that I don't have anything else planned. I'm just visiting my sister who's at school there right now.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the hawks game, get drunk with your sister the rest of the weekend. Well, get drunk at the hawks game too.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
You've never seen a GD, the largest gang in Chicago by far? Where you hang out that you run into to all the hispanic gangs, the super mall?

I hang out in Humboldt Park area and near Western & Fullerton alot.

ChiTownBuffalo

Gang talk. Sweet, can't wait to run into some.

Ooh, there is a gang of trannys at Belmont and Clark near the L stop and Dunkin' Donuts.

Its kinda fun to see them late at night because they get into fights, because after a while, they stop trying to take each other's wigs off and then start throwing bombs.

ChiTownBuffalo

joelseph

What's something me and the lady can do after 5? We'll be in the loop but the museums close around then. Any suggestions?

You two like strong mixed drinks? Is getting blasted your idea of a good time? Ceres in the Board of Trade if you answered yes to both.

ChiTownBuffalo

What's something me and the lady can do after 5? We'll be in the loop but the museums close around then. Any suggestions?

Loop is kinda dead. You can go up north a bit to the Mag Mile.

ChiTownBuffalo

Socreges

Banned
Buddy of mine traveled to New York, Chicago, then Seattle. He said that Chicago was awesome and he preferred it to the New York, which surprised me. Can't say that I've really spoken to anyone else about their travels there, nor know anyone from Chicago. So this OT caught me off guard for sure.

What is it about Chicago that people love so much? Relaxed? Lots of culture? Busy downtown core?

I hate the Blackhawks (I'm from Van), but the city itself interests me a lot.

Luixfern

Buddy of mine traveled to New York, Chicago, then Seattle. He said that Chicago was awesome and he preferred it to the New York, which surprised me. Can't say that I've really spoken to anyone else about their travels there, nor know anyone from Chicago. So this OT caught me off guard for sure.

What is it about Chicago that people love so much? Relaxed? Lots of culture? Busy downtown core?

For me it's the blue collar feel and its "fuck it" attitude.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

There are a few neighborhoods here that are essentially a young person's (with disposable income) dream. Those neighborhoods have the feel of a big city, but not too cumbersome and huge. They're also pretty safe, have great music, and great food.

A friend of mine described Chicago as "New York on Valium."

There's obviously a lot more to it then that but I've always liked that description.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, UIC just annouced that their medical school (the only public medical school that serves residents in Northern IL) is increasing its tuition by 21% to make it $42K a year. That would make it the most expensive public medical school in the country.

ChiTownBuffalo

So, UIC just annouced that their medical school (the only public medical school that serves residents in Northern IL) is increasing its tuition by 21% to make it $42K a year. That would make it the most expensive public medical school in the country.

Well, they have incredible new facilities to pay for. I'm only assuming its for that, unless their insurance also went through the roof at the same time.

On an unrelated note. Do any of you play tabletop RPG's and such in the area? And have you encountered an annoying black man named George, that sucks the enjoyment of the game out of you?

If you have. That fucker joined my table last night. He makes me hate everything I used to enjioy.

ChiTownBuffalo

Lots of people use the Red Line as a toilet.

Fucking Northsider.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, they have incredible new facilities to pay for. I'm only assuming its for that, unless their insurance also went through the roof at the same time.

On an unrelated note. Do any of you play tabletop RPG's and such in the area? And have you encountered an annoying black man named George, that sucks the enjoyment of the game out of you?

If you have. That fucker joined my table last night. He makes me hate everything I used to enjioy.
Plenty of schools get new facilities. 21% is ridiculous. There's just no benefit for students actually going there if you're just going as expensive as a private school. This will mean even fewer people will attempt to go into Primary Care out of the Chicago schools.

ChiTownBuffalo

Plenty of schools get new facilities. 21% is ridiculous. There's just no benefit for students actually going there if you're just going as expensive as a private school. This will mean even fewer people will attempt to go into Primary Care out of the Chicago schools.

I was being faceitious.

I have no idea where UIC has the balls to charge that much more.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
You all see the youtube clip of the guy peeing on the southbound redline? Am I slow on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh45Ie5OMx0

This happened all the time when I lived off the red line. Especially late at night. Nothing like seeing a rivulet of pee trickling down the grooves on the floor of the train car at 2AM. Nothing like it at all.

Now I take the Metra, where you deal with "train moms" who act like they own the cars. Better than pee, I guess.

okno

You all see the youtube clip of the guy peeing on the southbound redline? Am I slow on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh45Ie5OMx0

My favorite was when I got onto the Blue line once late at night, and a dude was taking a shit in the corner. He had already peed, and it ran nearly the length of the car. Couldn't turn around fast enough to get out before the doors closed...

I think I need to push my trip to Chicago up. Reading this thread is making me nostalgic like whoa.

Seraphinianus said:
Gotta love the north ave bus back to Clark st. in the wee hours of the night

Haha, on Valentine's day three years ago, some friends and I were on that bus heading west a little after midnight. There was a crackhead couple in the back of the bus, and at the stop before Halsted, the chick yells, "bus driver... take us to the ghetto, it's Varentine's!"

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Dear Chicago-GAF

Thanks in advance.

I can't recommend strongly enough getting up to iO Theater in Wrigley and seeing some improv. I suggest Friday night so you can see Improvised Shakespear Company. They're absolutely incredible. Best $12-$14 you can spend on entertainment in the city. (The video I linked to was at Just For Laughs Montreal... it's even better when they have the full set and aren't mic'ed up)

ChiTownBuffalo

Went there yesterday. Hordes of people taking pictures in cars they can't afford.

I never really understood why people do this after the age of 30 or so.

ChiTownBuffalo

Does anyone think the E. Lakeview logo is a beholder beasr?

Top Bottom