• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicken vs Pork vs Beef vs Seafood

Which one?

• Chicken

Votes: 51 31.9%
  • Pork

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Beef

Votes: 60 37.5%
  • Seafood

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Other (Judging you all real fucking hard here)

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Lamb

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

BossLackey

Gold Member
  1. Seafood
  2. Beef
  3. Chicken
  4. Pork
I could eat seafood every day. Unfortunately, I'm about as physically far from an ocean as possible. Thank god for refrigerated trucks.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I’d eat more lamb if it wasn’t so expensive in the US. A leg of lamb is going around $15/pound where I am. Hard to justify that when I can get chicken leg quarters for $0.64/pound, pork babyback ribs for $2.49/pound, beef ground chuck for $3.99/pound, etc.

I’m the asshole that voted “other”, as my favorite meat is deer. Venison chili is sooooo good.

Sgt.Asher

My least favorite is pork, I was never that big into pork flavor. Yak is surprisingly really fucking good, a lot like Buffalo. Peasant is good too. Lots of meats to think about. I won't touch crab, can't stand it.

LordOfChaos

I was raised in a household that didn't eat beef by rule and really most red meats by extension, so mostly grew up eating fish and chicken for meats. As a free man, I've been playing some catch up and opt for other meats when I can, but I must say chicken is extremely versatile and tasty, and I would argue spicy chicken sandwiches beat many burgers.

I did have a lamb ravioli recently and the lamb was so delicate and amazing

We also get a lot of fresh chips where I am, salmon is legit, fish and chips (usually haddock) are great

We have a burger week thing here and one had a boar burger which was great
primal-final.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer lamb chops with mint sauce, but stinky seared scallops, or a hock of Iberian ham are a pleasure!

Last edited:

H4ze

Seafood is No. 1 for me, second is beef.

Chicken is the most boring meat on earth and can fuck right off as long as it's not chicken nuggets lol

Tams

Beef. Blue. No contest.*

While chicken can be naturally tasty, even then it's still subtle. Not to mention that so much chicken is a hazard if not thoroughly cooked.

*But lamb is the real winner. Though the strong taste and smell occasionally is a bit too much for me.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I just want to acknowledge we have gone two whole pages without anyone making sexualized "meat" related jokes.

Gaf is fucking slipping and to be honest I am ashamed with all of you.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
I put seafood only because I am craving seafood Alfredo. I will change to beef after I eat

Liljagare

Seafood all the way!! Some stuff might look odd, but its all so dang delicious! My favourite are goose neck barnacles, sturgeon caviar like in flavour, and meat is like clams!

i like seafood the most, but I hate meat these days because it is so fucking expensive.

I started eating 4 vegetarian meals a week and that made a significant dent in monthly food costs.

Last edited:

Gp1

Nothing beats a good gaucho's bife de chorizo, an assado de tira or the entire rib on a ground fire pit.

But a good lamb cut come on a close second.

Meicyn

Gold Member
i like seafood the most, but I hate meat these days because it is so fucking expensive.

I started eating 4 vegetarian meals a week and that made a significant dent in monthly food costs.
Do you live in the US? If so, chicken leg quarters cost anywhere from 59 cents to $1.50 per pound. That’s cheaper than most vegetables. I stockpile the bones and leftover skin in the freezer, and once I have enough, add some aromatic veggies to make homemade chicken stock.

I do something similar with pork shoulder, it costs usually in the range of $1.29 to $1.89/pound. The leftover bone after a long cook is always repurposed and makes a bean soup go from good to great.

dave_d

I just want to chime in and say it's amazing to me that people take as many disparate animals as cordates, crustaceans, cnidaria, echinoderms, and mollusks as one thing, seafood.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Steak, venison, lamb, chicken, pork, turkey, pheasant, duck, rabbit in that order for land meat.

Seafood is broad as lobster is totally different from fish and even then cod is completely different to sole, so my seafood order would be.

Scampi, cod, lobster, monkfish, scallop haddock, sole, prawns (shrimp), oysters, anchovies, sardines, cockles in that order for seafood.

There are probably more, but the above are what I eat in a year.

Garibaldi

Never been one for seafood beyond a Cod and Chips.

Beef can't be beaten for me. Roast beef or a nice ribeye fried in its own fat.

Duck is nice too, plus the occasional labrador

Meicyn

Gold Member
plus the occasional labrador
개고기는 맛있어!

Had dogmeat once while in Korea just to say I’d eaten it, it was alright. I put it alongside alligator, it’s kinda whatever and wouldn’t actively seek it out again.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Chicken>Beef>Pork

Everything else is dogshit. Fish and seafood taste like salt water with an hideous aftertaste of dirty soap. Lamb tastes like rotten beef that's been green for 4 years.

Top Bottom