• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden coming June 14 for Xbox 360, PS3 Release date info coming later

Pooya

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6303560.html

Kinect-compatible version of Tetsuya Mizuguchi's latest gets release date; info on PS3 edition to be revealed later.

Ubisoft is ready to nearly ready to spring a new bundle of joy on the gaming public. The publisher confirmed for GameSpot today that Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Child of Eden will launch on the Xbox 360 June 14. However, the release date for the PlayStation 3 edition of the game is still unknown, with an Ubisoft representative saying, "We'll have more info for the PS3 later."

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cool. I don't know if I'd want to pay full price for this, but it does look pretty trippy (which I like). Will wait for PS3 version, at least it's confirmed.

Ridley327

V_Ben said:
A motion control timed exclusive? How mad.

I might actually get Kinect for this one though. Looks mad.

I get the suspicion that this won't be the last time we see this happen; I'm sure MS is going to try and lock up as many timed exclusives for Kinect as they can get.

StuBurns

Banned
MS have been associating the game with Kinect pretty strongly, they probably recognized people's excitement and thought it warranted a co-marketing deal or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Appollowexx said:
Bet it's delayed to incorporate move support.

Move support would make me get this sooner rather than later, but I guess if I plan on waiting for a price drop on the PS3 version it'll be a while before I get to play this anyways.

Oh well, I look forward to getting ripped and playing this shit whenever I do get the chanec.

StuBurns

Banned
Snuggler said:
Move support would make me get this sooner rather than later, but I guess if I plan on waiting for a price drop on the PS3 version it'll be a while before I get to play this anyways.

Oh well, I look forward to getting ripped and playing this shit whenever I do get the chanec.
It's already listed as a move title on Game.co.uk, all those listings guess at release dates and things, but something like that I'd be surprised if it's made up.

StuBurns said:
It's already listed as a move title on Game.co.uk, all those listings guess at release dates and things, but something like that I'd be surprised if it's made up.

Ubisoft have listed it as having Move support themselves.

Edit: Can't find PR. I'm losing my mind.

TTP said:

After Microsofts 2011 event recently, I swear I saw some Ubisoft PR where it was mentioned that it had Move support. I'll look.

Edit: I can't find any. I can't see why I'd daydream that either! :(

A year here and he still dreamed of cyberspace, hope fading nightly. All the speed he took, all the turns he'd taken and the corners he'd cut in Night City, and he'd still see the matrix in his sleep, bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colorless void...

Guess I will nab it for the PS3. I really need to actually use the Move, had it this year, but not played with it in Heavy Rain just yet (and waiting on Sorcery).

This Child of Eden sounds hot. I cant wait to see more media on it.

Adam J.

So will this ship in the purple Kinect case, or will it be a regular one with the "better with Kinect sensor" purple banner?

Fuck timed exclusivity. Fuck all exclusivity for that matter.The only thing exclusivity helps is the console manufacturers. Power to the people!

Ridley327

Adam J. said:
So will this ship in the purple Kinect case, or will it be a regular one with the "better with Kinect sensor" purple banner?
I would wager they'll put it in the purple case to help differentiate it from the normal games, but it won't have the requirement sticker on the art.

Adam J. said:
Well seeing it's not a Kinect only game so I'm assuming the latter.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Galvanise_ said:
After Microsofts 2011 event recently, I swear I saw some Ubisoft PR where it was mentioned that it had Move support. I'll look.

Edit: I can't find any. I can't see why I'd daydream that either! :(

Don't think you dreamed about it. I actually recall something like that, but I though you were referring to some more "concrete" info (like a Move logo on the official Ubi site or whatever).

ShapeGSX

Kotaku got video of me playing Child of Eden today at PAX East:
http://kotaku.com/#!5781071/four-minutes-that-prove-child-of-eden-is-the-prettiest-kinect-game

You don't notice any lag at all while playing. It controls really well. You feel really cool playing the game, but may look like a dork on camera. :)

Right hand is for painting targets, then you throw your hand forward for launching. Left hand is for rapid fire and for targets that can't be painted. Throw both arms in the air for a smart bomb.

StuBurns

Banned
snoopeasystreet said:
Fuck timed exclusivity.
Hell Yeah!
snoopeasystreet said:
Fuck all exclusivity for that matter.
Ummmm maybe...
snoopeasystreet said:
The only thing exclusivity helps is the console manufacturers. Power to the people!
No, at retail prices this game needs all the help it can possibly get and if MS are willing to throw a lot of support behind it, they'd be insane not to make it exclusive.

_dementia said:
...and has the Sony motto "make.believe"

Worst marketing campaign ever. I don't see why Sony has to have that logo on everything they make now. Gets very annoying to look at. It's even on their HDMI cable boxes. Christ.

ShapeGSX said:
Kotaku got video of me playing Child of Eden today at PAX East:
http://kotaku.com/#!5781071/four-minutes-that-prove-child-of-eden-is-the-prettiest-kinect-game

You don't notice any lag at all while playing. It controls really well. You feel really cool playing the game, but may look like a dork on camera. :)

Right hand is for painting targets, then you throw your hand forward for launching. Left hand is for rapid fire and for targets that can't be painted. Throw both arms in the air for a smart bomb.

How was the aiming accuracy? Was it smooth and felt similar to something like aiming with a Wii remote?

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Worst marketing campaign ever. I don't see why Sony has to have that logo on everything they make now. Gets very annoying to look at. It's even on their HDMI cable boxes. Christ.

Its not that bad. Its something Stringer wanted and needed to do (Get Sony working under one motto or expression).

FHDPl.jpg

Source: Amazon.com

[Nintex]

Ever since this was shown it looks like a game Kinect was made for. I'm still not sure if I want Kinect just for this game but I'm certainly picking it up since the visual style is just that awesome.

Top Bottom